Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both cities are close enough to SOCAL. Coulda snagged Luka given our international scouting.

Sigh... and you wonder why I drink on the weekdays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both cities are close enough to SOCAL. Coulda snagged Luka given our international scouting.

working remote from home and the Spurs miss the plays for the 1st time in 2 decades. Weekday drinking is definitely encouraged lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was this actually a real possibility at any point?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was this actually a real possibility at any point?
    SBNation and BleacherReport both wrote articles linking the Kings dealing the #2 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SBNation and BleacherReport both wrote articles linking the Kings dealing the #2 pick.
    Would they have taken Kawhi's one and done ass?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Luka would had been in the D League carrying Bryn Forbes' luggage this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ha, if there is one team regretting not trading for Kawhi it has to be Philly!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I recall the Kings and Suns didn't not want to deal their picks for #2 unless they could get #2 to agree to sign an extension with them. They are not that stupid to trade for a player that had made it clear he wanted to be in LA. There was no chance of getting either of those teams picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha, if there is one team regretting not trading for Kawhi it has to be Philly!
    Yep. And probably Boston. The rumour was that Tatum, brown wasn't on the table, instead smart was the centre piece. For Sixers, Spurs wanted Simmons but Fultz was the centre piece. If Leonard committed to those teams, Spurs would have had their pickings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. And probably Boston. The rumour was that Tatum, brown wasn't on the table, instead smart was the centre piece. For Sixers, Spurs wanted Simmons but Fultz was the centre piece. If Leonard committed to those teams, Spurs would have had their pickings.
    #2 refusing to sign extensions with any of these teams is what prevented the Spurs from getting a good deal. One of the reason I despise #2 is that if he wanted to get traded he could have the Spurs a solid and demanded a trade in the summer of '17. He would have had 2 years left on his contract and a bunch of teams would have been willing to take a risk in acquiring him. The horse he pulled for 1 year sabotaged his trade value.

Thread Information