Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think people deny his talent. Just like how Durant is an all time great and was a top 2 player during his prime but people will generally view him as a front running pussy that joined the 73 win team that eliminated him the season before. Kawhi will always deserve hate for how he handled leaving. At least people like Durant and Aldridge played out their contracts before leaving. Kawhi was a spoiled brat, definitely because Uncle Dennis holds his hand too much.
    Kawhi might not be all there tbh. Losing his dad so young definitely ed with how handles situations as a man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stephen a smith was quick to say that kawhi going 6 for 22 in a game 7 is proof that he's not better than kobe. but kobe shot 6 for 24 in a game 7 in the nba finals
    Stephen A is an idiot. This is nothing new lol

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    glads the clips lost.

this is more about the nuggets playing crazy good though. the type of shots murray has been knocking down... wow.

down 3-1 back to back...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This dunk by Kemp is what was right with he NBA. Miss that .

Thomas Doane Chambers had serious ups. Greatly underrated white guy who could get up.

This is not even a dunk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This fraud/wannabe just got exposed. He's everything I've said he is for a few years. No leadership/spine, just a front runner who can only thrive under contrived/pristine cir stances. Finally he's getting what he's long had coming to him from the media.

This was the most embarrassing/disgraceful meltdown I've ever seen. It wasn't some coin flip finish that did them in or some suspect call or whatever, they just flat reeled them in and ran over them in 3 straight games and these phonies had no push back, no run, nothing. They flat out looked s shocked and quit. Traces back directly to the rotten core.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi choking in Game 7 doesn't disprove his past accomplishments... the closest player we've seen to MJ, his mid-range J being automatic, and that in his last 2 playoff appearances he looked like the best player 2017 / 2019. If not for Zaza, he'd be looking at 3 rangs and 3 Finals MVP's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi choking in Game 7 doesn't disprove his past accomplishments... the closest player we've seen to MJ, his mid-range J being automatic, and that in his last 2 playoff appearances he looked like the best player 2017 / 2019. If not for Zaza, he'd be looking at 3 rangs and 3 Finals MVP's.
    They both have dead fathers. Can't think of much else. KL was never a leader, 3rd best player the year he won the FMVP in SA, over-hyped because of his walkout and sucked out in Toronto. He's a great player, nowhere near MJ, nowhere near even Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ needed his teammates less than Kobe, and far less than Kawhi. MJ also never pulled a choke job like Kawhi just did. He was absolute ruler of his teammates.

Being able to replicate someone’s moves and shots doesn’t make you that player. I always said that Kobe was like a 100X Xerox copy of MJ, somewhat blurry and distorted. Kawhi is like a 1000X copy. You can see what the original looked like, but this obviously ain’t it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ needed his teammates less than Kobe, and far less than Kawhi. MJ also never pulled a choke job like Kawhi just did. He was absolute ruler of his teammates.

Being able to replicate someone’s moves and shots doesn’t make you that player. I always said that Kobe was like a 100X Xerox copy of MJ, somewhat blurry and distorted. Kawhi is like a 1000X copy. You can see what the original looked like, but this obviously ain’t it.
    MJ took credit for the win and responsibility for the loss. Autist just sits in the lockerroom drooling and scratching his head. Then there's that stupid laugh. Someone needed to play that over the PA during that game, man this format.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like Kawhi's teammates always have to walk on egg s s when speaking of him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have always said that MJ was Coke and Kobe was diet Coke. Both Coke and the Diet Coke have similar taste but you can obviously tell them apart when you drink them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like Kawhi's teammates always have to walk on egg s s when speaking of him.
    Danny did so much of that last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't even imagine the reaction on here if Nephew performed like that as a Spur in a Game 7 situation

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

None of this refutes that he's not the closest to MJ in today's game... who else is in the discussion? Him not being the best player in 2020 doesn't negate his past accomplishments. He was the guy in the past, and another guy will take that throne in 2020.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen A is an idiot. This is nothing new lol
    He has some idiotic takes but in recent years he's given Duncan lot of respect. He always consistently ranks Duncan ahead both Shaq/Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This wasn't just a game 7 choke FWIW either. Dude shot 30% in the 2nd half for the entire series & had the worst +/- on the team aside from PG in those halves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    glads the clips lost.

this is more about the nuggets playing crazy good though. the type of shots murray has been knocking down... wow.

down 3-1 back to back...
    Murray is a streaky player. He was terrible to the start the series but caught fire towards the end of the series. That stretch he had in game 7 I think it was in the second quarter when the nuggets offense was struggling was ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loving the press he's getting, vultures circling already. Fully deserved.

Now if Jokic and co could take down the other asshole it'd be magical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do clippers even run any plays? kawhi performing pg duties is like the final year he was a spur, being pg over dribbling stalling the offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm getting beat the down in here. lppppppppppp

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    making roster rebuilds based on this crappy Covid-playoffs sounds pretty crazy. Sure you can put a small asterisk by Spurs 99 le but will pale in comparison to the size of this year's.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    stephen a smith was quick to say that kawhi going 6 for 22 in a game 7 is proof that he's not better than kobe. but kobe shot 6 for 24 in a game 7 in the nba finals
    Well, 24 > 22 #mambamentality

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    do clippers even run any plays? kawhi performing pg duties is like the final year he was a spur, being pg over dribbling stalling the offense
    There isn’t a player in the bubble leading his team in every statistical category while guarding the other team’s best player, it’s not a surprise that he got gassed as nobody is in tip-top shape. The least scrub ass Beverley had to do was stay on the floor & hound Murray....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This wasn't just a game 7 choke FWIW either. Dude shot 30% in the 2nd half for the entire series & had the worst +/- on the team aside from PG in those halves.
    He's deteriorating, or something else is wrong. He definitely looks like he's lost some lift. Without that explosion he's an average-to-good player, but not a top-5 talent. His defense is still good, not supreme. He's learned to be a pretty good passer, but he still slows down the offense with his iso-ball. He's not a guy I'd bet my franchise on the way the Clippers have. Maybe when things return to normal he can get enough rest between games to still be effective, but you could tell that this every other day stuff has hurt his game.

Thread Information