Page 29 of 115 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Nets: Aldridge

To Pistons: 11, White, Allen

To Spurs: 5, Kennard, Prince, Kurucs

If the Pistons remain at 5, this could make trading up plausible without DeRozan, in the event they're not interested or he's uncooperative on an extension.
    Would rather keep white and trade Murray. But other than that I’m good with it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather keep murray and trade white but would not do that trade anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want James Wiseman in this draft and I'm good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the bubble league is it possible Phoenix passes us in the standings having us drafting at 10? Because the way we’re looking now, we might end up going 0-8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the bubble league is it possible Phoenix passes us in the standings having us drafting at 10? Because the way we’re looking now, we might end up going 0-8.
    I might be mistaken but I don’t think so, the only way draft position changes is if say the suns actually made the playoffs

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because you didn't change the year to '20-'21.

I'm well aware of Allen and though a quality asset, the days of finishing/rim running C's being All-Stars are over. It's also not difficult to find serviceable replacements for cheap, especially for a team in their situation.

Aldridge's preference is the Trail Blazers now, but the Nets are located in a glamour market and have a higher upside. Give him a year with them and he might think differently.

If not, they still improve their odds of contending for a year for a relatively low cost and dump a bad contract (Prince) in the process.

Given the lack of play making and possibly go to scoring, the only way to make this back court work long term, is to draft a wing who can serve in those roles, which is partially why they should be all in on Avdija.

That and his being foreign means if he does become a star, he's less likely to want to leave.
    oh ok, my mistake.

about lack of playmaking: imo thats all bc of murray. Hes a point guard and its must have to have a playmaking ability for this position. If we draft avdija, it aint gonna improve playmaking nor 3pt shooting nor defense. These two guys do not complement each other. Id prefer to have an Avdija than murray but if murray stays than spurs should be looking for a 3pt shooter.

BTW imo murray makes this rebuild much more difficult. He has some pros and cons but he does not fit to any position. For a PG - lack of playmaking, for a SG - lack of 3pt shooting, for a SF - lack of sizes and strength.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who would u draft with this 5th pick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh ok, my mistake.

about lack of playmaking: imo thats all bc of murray. Hes a point guard and its must have to have a playmaking ability for this position. If we draft avdija, it aint gonna improve playmaking nor 3pt shooting nor defense. These two guys do not complement each other. Id prefer to have an Avdija than murray but if murray stays than spurs should be looking for a 3pt shooter.

BTW imo murray makes this rebuild much more difficult. He has some pros and cons but he does not fit to any position. For a PG - lack of playmaking, for a SG - lack of 3pt shooting, for a SF - lack of sizes and strength.
    More than likely, Murray's only path to being a passable offensive player is become a solid spot up three-point shooter (basically, a bigger/more athletic Beverley). He's never going to become a primary play maker because that's more innate and he clearly doesn't have the feel/skill for it.

Putting a 3 and D wing next to him would leave virtually no path to building an above average offense.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than likely, Murray's only path to being a passable offensive player is become a solid spot up three-point shooter (basically, a bigger/more athletic Beverley). He's never going to become a primary play maker because that's more innate and he clearly doesn't have the feel/skill for it.

Putting a 3 and D wing next to him would leave virtually no path to building an above average offense.
    Quindarry has looked like a player in the very limited time I have seen him. If Murray doesn't start looking more than just slightly above average every couple of games, he may get usurped.

I am convinced Derrick and Keldon need to be out there most of the game. It is now on the two flashier guys, Lonnie and Dejounte to find some consistency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s most likely going to be Theo (Parker’s Team) unless Deni drops or Spurs get lucky and move up in the lottery.

Probably means the end of Forbes or Mills finally.

Murray could be on the block next summer if he’s only decent a good amount of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It takes one franchise player to turn a team around. Look at Dallas, without Doncic they would be a garbage team. To say this team needs to be replaced all of its players is false. They will all instantly improve with a real star in front of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It takes one franchise player to turn a team around. Look at Dallas, without Doncic they would be a garbage team. To say this team needs to be replaced all of its players is false. They will all instantly improve with a real star in front of them.
    Who's saying to replace all of the players? The Spurs have several nice prospects that can be on the next good Spurs team but they'll likely have to bottom out to get that super-star if they want to be a contender again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather keep murray and trade white but would not do that trade anyway.
    I'd still rather have Murray than White long term tbh.

White projects to be a good two-way player for a long time but Murray's ceiling is still higher and is 3 years younger. White's situation reminds me a lot of George Hill, Spurs really should consider packaging White and the 11th pick to try and move up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's saying to replace all of the players? The Spurs have several nice prospects that can be on the next good Spurs team but they'll likely have to bottom out to get that super-star if they want to be a contender again.
    Just look in the game threads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont need a top pick for a franchise player. Sure, gives you a better chance but you have two of the top three teams led by players who werent drafted in the top ten.

And before anyone says this is a weak draft, meh I think people say that every year.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true and thats why i said its worth to tank for the players like doncic. Now we have no player who can be a core and a star of this franchise.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd still rather have Murray than White long term tbh.

White projects to be a good two-way player for a long time but Murray's ceiling is still higher and is 3 years younger. White's situation reminds me a lot of George Hill, Spurs really should consider packaging White and the 11th pick to try and move up.
    maybe murray is and will be slighlty better than white but keep in mind that white will be much cheaper to keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe murray is and will be slighlty better than white but keep in mind that white will be much cheaper to keep him.
    I don't think White's ceiling is that high tbh. He strikes me as a solid starter good bench player. That's perfectly fine but I think Murray's ceiling is still higher and he's several years younger.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quindarry has looked like a player in the very limited time I have seen him. If Murray doesn't start looking more than just slightly above average every couple of games, he may get usurped.

I am convinced Derrick and Keldon need to be out there most of the game. It is now on the two flashier guys, Lonnie and Dejounte to find some consistency.
    Nah, they're too invested in Murray for that to happen. He's actually not flashy, which is part of the problem. Virtually no shake/wiggle, lacks burst too and despite the improving shot, it's far from threatening and the release is slow.

Walker's been good. His shot looks even better than before and he's suddenly showing adept secondary play making skills. Since his ball skills are relatively rudimentary though, his ceiling is probably 2nd option on a good team.

I don't think White's ceiling is that high tbh. He strikes me as a solid starter good bench player. That's perfectly fine but I think Murray's ceiling is still higher and he's several years younger.
    I agree on White, but I don't see how Murray's ceiling is beyond solid starter. He literally has no offensive strength and players who go beyond that threshold almost always show at least glimpses of it 193 games/3779 minutes into their career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Nets: Aldridge

To Pistons: 11, White, Allen

To Spurs: 5, Kennard, Prince, Kurucs

If the Pistons remain at 5, this could make trading up plausible without DeRozan, in the event they're not interested or he's uncooperative on an extension.
    I think I would strongly oppose this trade.

I think White is better than Kennard, and by a decent margin. They have the same contract length so no benefit there.

Prince is okay, Kurucs is just a guy. Prince would have been worth getting to play SF when they were allegedly competing with Aldridge and DDR, not now.

Giving up 11 and Aldridge just to get 5 in this draft? No thanks.

But I'm sure they're going to get fleeced when they do trade White anyway, and look like fools as they tend to have done with trades lately.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince is only 26 so he would not be bad with the younger players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I would strongly oppose this trade.

I think White is better than Kennard, and by a decent margin. They have the same contract length so no benefit there.

Prince is okay, Kurucs is just a guy. Prince would have been worth getting to play SF when they were allegedly competing with Aldridge and DDR, not now.

Giving up 11 and Aldridge just to get 5 in this draft? No thanks.

But I'm sure they're going to get fleeced when they do trade White anyway, and look like fools as they tend to have done with trades lately.
    White is better than Kennard because he's a significantly better defender, but Kennard is a better shooter and comparable play maker (he'd also spell the end of Forbes).

Prince and Kurucs are both filler/worthy fliers and as young, relatively athletic/big wings and decent shooters they'd plug short term needs. It's also possible one becomes a fixture beyond that.

I'm not entirely sold on Avdija, but I think he checks too many boxes and is attainable enough that he's worth pursuing. If they think he can become a star or close, good luck getting that for Aldridge otherwise.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is better than Kennard because he's a significantly better defender, but Kennard is a better shooter and comparable play maker (he'd also spell the end of Forbes).

Prince and Kurucs are both filler/worthy fliers and as young, relatively athletic/big wings and decent shooters they'd plug short term needs. It's also possible one becomes a fixture beyond that.

I'm not entirely sold on Avdija, but I think he checks too many boxes and is attainable enough that he's worth pursuing. If they think he can become a star or close, good luck getting that for Aldridge otherwise.
    but we desperately need a shooter. we have a defensive guard in murray + we can draft a solid defensive SF via draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we can draft a solid defensive SF via draft.
    They're going to go with whoever has the fattest head or stupidest hair. Book it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who would u draft with this 5th pick?
    The best available players likely to be there at the 5th pick are Haliburton, Toppin, and Okongwu. If we trade away LMA then we’ll need get one of the bigs. I’d pick Toppin in this specific scenario.

Thread Information