Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR to Charlotte isn't happening. They almost have to include Rozier for salary. Even then assuming the Spurs won't go over the lux tax threshold then they would have to include at least 2 other players. They could use Cody Zeller if the play is to get their draft pick, but beyond that why would the Spurs add another guard to the rotation?
    This is Michael Jordan the GM we're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repeating myself, but Rozier and PJ Washington works. Obviously, Charlotte would have to reach an agreement with DD and his representation that he would stay.
    I know Kobe is DeMar's idol, but I think Jordan would be the next best thing for him as far as appeal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It probably doesn’t mean anything, he’s probably just supporting his teammate after missing the all star game but Keldon randomly posted a picture to his Instagram story of Demar dunking the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It probably doesn’t mean anything, he’s probably just supporting his teammate after missing the all star game but Keldon randomly posted a picture to his Instagram story of Demar dunking the ball.
    It's Dejounte's activity on his social media that has me on edge. He's been very dramatic lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I'd probably be willing to add a 1st to the deal. PJ Washington is not a bad player.

MJ would probably love to finally have a "big 3" in LaMelo, DeMar, and Hayward.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I'd probably be willing to add a 1st to the deal. PJ Washington is not a bad player.

The dude you posted was wrong about everything he posted about during the draft and Free Agency. He was the guy said the Spurs were really trying to get Horford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude you posted was wrong about everything he posted about during the draft and Free Agency. He was the guy said the Spurs were really trying to get Horford.
    Things fall through sometimes. I seem to be recall him being on point about a couple things. Not sure what. rankingtear is a big follower of his, so he should know. Not saying I know the guy is for sure legit, but it's fun to talk about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things fall through sometimes. I seem to be recall him being on point about a couple things. Not sure what. rankingtear is a big follower of his, so he should know. Not saying I know the guy is for sure legit, but it's fun to talk about.
    I wanna say he predicted very early on that the hawks were interested in Bogdan and Gallo and they signed both of those guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was trying to find a way to flip Lonnie, but the salaries would require adding another young player from CHA. We can only take one more contract than we send out, so they can’t send us a couple of end of roster guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes sense for both teams:

Murray/ Tre/ Q
    White/ Rozier
    Keldon/ KBD
    Washington/ Luka
    Poeltl/ LMA/ Eubanks

Add Mills in there and Lonnie if you can.

Edit: Gay too, if possible.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 03-09-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cha needs a big more then they would DDR. If we could send them LMA for something that would be good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why rozier? His contract is poor. He is a below average defender and worse offensive player. Am I missing something here? Also, 3 guards plus mills plus Walker plus Trey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cha needs a big more then they would DDR. If we could send them LMA for something that would be good.
    To me, they seem more concerned about star names than roster fit.

Why rozier? His contract is poor. He is a below average defender and worse offensive player. Am I missing something here? Also, 3 guards plus mills plus Walker plus Trey.
    Methinks it helps the transaction happen easier because the numbers match up. We need some type of chucker when Mills is gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's what Hornets fans think of PJ:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharlotteHo...m_source=share

TLDR: most would trade PJ before Miles Bridges despite PJ being the newer player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PJ can play the 5.

There's your answer for our hole at backup 5.

Sell the house for PJ. Send future firsts if you have to. The fit is undeniable.

i was trying to find a way to flip lonnie, but the salaries would require adding another young player from cha. we can only take one more contract than we send out, so they can’t send us a couple of end of roster guys.
    Don't they have cap space to absorb players?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe as a sign and trade Rozier for DeRozan could work. Right now, it doesn't work salary wise and there's no other obvious piece that would do so (Washington is a pipe dream).

Granted, one of Rozier, Graham or Monk is most likely gone before next season, but Rozier is significantly cheaper than DeRozan and a better fit with Hayward and Ball.

He fits the type I could see the Spurs pursuing though. Youngish veteran, who can create his own shot/shoot. Would fit well in a mostly 3 guard rotation with Murray and White and they could play together some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PJ can play the 5.

There's your answer for our hole at backup 5.

Sell the house for PJ. Send future firsts if you have to. The fit is undeniable.

Don't they have cap space to absorb players?
    The DD for Rozier/PJ trade is already lopsided.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe as a sign and trade Rozier for DeRozan could work. Right now, it doesn't work salary wise and there's no other obvious piece that would do so (Washington is a pipe dream).

Granted, one of Rozier, Graham or Monk is most likely gone before next season, but Rozier is significantly cheaper than DeRozan and a better fit with Hayward and Ball.

He fits the type I could see the Spurs pursuing though. Youngish veteran, who can create his own shot/shoot. Would fit well in a mostly 3 guard rotation with Murray and White and they could play together some.
    They want to make the playoffs, and they likely will miss, or just squeeze in with Rozier and the kiddies. They’ve wanted DD for a while. He can probably get them into the top 4-5 in the East. They’re not liking to contend, just show well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually...

Remember the Vucevic rumor?

"The Heat, Spurs, Celtics, and Hornets have all expressed significant interest in acquiring All-Star center Nikola Vucevic, league sources say."

Maybe this is connected to that? Hmmm.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just don't see it.
    Rozier has played better than I ever expected, but he is a small combo guard
    Also I don't see how DDR moves them much further. He takes the ball out of Ball's hands. As stated earlier Rozier fits best with the team they have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is rozier even a combo guard? he's pretty small. basically just a PG, but with Mills expiring, we definitely have room for him in the future. can play alongside either of murray/white.

washington aint bad and he's under contract cheap for another season.

the pieces are good fits, and while i'm not sure we get better this year, its a nice move looking forward to the near future with the caveat that it does limit our potentially activity in the summer (john collins dreams, etc)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rozier contract is little more than Murray and White, but expires after next season. His contract goes down in value though. Just not sure why Spurs would invest just over 40 mil in guards. PG's at that. At least DDR can play 1 to 4.

Maybe something along the lines of this.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8ma53qa

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a rumor before of a Rozier and Bertans swap from another insider. Not the first time Rozier was linked to us.

He got the Wiseman trade months before national media is reporting it.
    He also said we would pick Vassell if we stay at 11 and he drops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a rumor before of a Rozier and Bertans swap from another insider. Not the first time Rozier was linked to us.

He got the Wiseman trade months before national media is reporting it.
    He also said we would pick Vassell if we stay at 11 and he drops.
    Uh oh. You said the W word.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt Spurs gotta move one of them and perhaps both, but depending on what/who they get in return. Moving Aldridge should be priority #1. He doesn’t fit, defense sucks, and has checked out (IMO). The sad thing is that his value currently sucks. The Spurs could only hope that a team wanting to shred salary next offseason will take Aldridge, but that usually means they want a young up and coming player in return. The other option would be a contending team desperately wanting a big that they feel can push them deep into the playoffs. Not sure there is a team out that sees Aldridge as that player. Maybe Boston? Portland? The return from those teams is weak though. A team like Orlando might trade Vucevic, but would they want Aldridge? Only if they are that desperate to rid themselves of his contract, which isn’t bad at all. They would want someone like Walker in return though.
    If it’s LMA and Walker for Vuc, it’s a no brainer. Orlando will want more, or one of White or Keldon.

Thread Information