My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is what I thought about last night game. I feel that they need to have another game before having rest so they won't get rusty. Spurs understand that Clippers and OKC will have at least two games. For Spurs, they don't want to get too cold going to Western Conference Finals.
    Your Take....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I hear correctly and Reggie Miller and his co-host discuss this also. I found it very interesting 2 broadcasters openly discussing this.

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is what I thought about last night game. I feel that they need to have another game before having rest so they won't get rusty. Spurs understand that Clippers and OKC will have at least two games. For Spurs, they don't want to get too cold going to Western Conference Finals.
    Your Take....
    If the Blazers had been halfway dead by the end of the second quarter, Pop might have gone for the kill. But the Spurs came out a little cooler than they had in the first few games, and Pop very obviously pulled the strings to ensure the game resulted in a loss. Passed on his usual momentum killing timeouts, made weird lineup choices, barely played Splitter, etc. He saw a dogfight and chose to remind the players what losing to an aggressor felt like. They'll refocus, slaughter Portland in Game 5, and wait for OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get the rest IMO

Spurs have swept the Jazz, Clippers, Lakers and Memphis in the last 2 playoffs and have always won Game 1 of the next series including vs OKC and @ MIA
    They know how to handle a long rest

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get the rest IMO

Spurs have swept the Jazz, Clippers, Lakers and Memphis in the last 2 playoffs and have always won Game 1 of the next series including vs OKC and @ MIA
    And then lost both of those series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Blazers had been halfway dead by the end of the second quarter, Pop might have gone for the kill. But the Spurs came out a little cooler than they had in the first few games, and Pop very obviously pulled the strings to ensure the game resulted in a loss. Passed on his usual momentum killing timeouts, made weird lineup choices, barely played Splitter, etc. He saw a dogfight and chose to remind the players what losing to an aggressor felt like. They'll refocus, slaughter Portland in Game 5, and wait for OKC.
    That's good take. I also noticed that when Pop want's to win, he is always standing and yelling for stupid mistakes. Last night was different. He is a bit relax sitting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get the rest IMO

This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then lost both of those series.

Thread Information