Page 280 of 280 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280
Results 6,976 to 6,986 of 6986
    Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Golden State Warriors
    However, while looking through the 49ers history, I noticed that there really haven't been that many great tight ends wearing the red, white and gold. As I've said repeatedly, I think Vernon Davis will reach that elite level at some point, but until then, the compe ion at the all-time TE position is scarce. Accordingly, I've decided to not even hold a vote. Simply put, Brent Jones is the best tight end in 49ers history and it's not all that close. Jones leads all 49ers tight ends in receptions, yards, touchdowns and Pro Bowl appearances and ranks in the top among all 49ers receivers in receptions, yards and touchdowns.
    While Jones was never overrated as a tight end, I don't think he would qualify as underrated. I can't imagine anybody not recognizing the talent of Brent Jones and his major contributions during the 49ers glory days. He earned 3 Super Bowl rings and made four trips to the Pro Bowl. The 49ers had great receivers in Rice and Taylor and a great rushing/receiving threat in Roger Craig, but the importance of Jones to the West Coast offense is considerable. Throw in a streak of 125 consecutive games and you've got not only a franchise great, but an all-time great.
    Honorable Mentions: Like I said, there is not a lot in the way of tight end talent in 49ers history. Ted Kwalick was a 3-time Pro Bowler at tight end in the early 70s, while Russ Francis was the primary TE and immediate predecessor of Brent Jones. I really thought Eric Johnson might have worked his way onto this type of list, but injuries have derailed him and now he's off in New Orleans. If Vernon Davis can continue to improve (he did improve his receptions and yards from year 1 to year 2), I don't see why he won't pass Brent Jones in the 49ers record books. Davis is a receiving tight end who is immensely athletic and could become the primary target of Smith/Hill/whomever. But that's an argument for another day.

Where is Dwight Clark?

Blake, Dwight Clark, was a WR who moved to TE sometimes, Charles Young was the TE however, ok guy? Just say....ok....and we'll move on.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Golden State Warriors
    I can talk Frankie Albert, Joe "Jet" Perry, Hugh "King" McElhenny, J.D. Smith, R.C.Owens, Y.A. le, Leo "Lion" Nomellini, Bob St. Clair, but don't know what position Dwight Clark played, hahahaha~~~~

What about Dave Parks, Freddie Solomon a converted QB, Famous Amos Lawrence, Vic Washington, George Mira, Abe Woodson, Jim Johnson.

Blake, talk to me about Olympic sprinter, world record holder at 100/200 Ray Norton as a Niner.

Long time Niner fan here guy, Dwight Clark was a WR.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Pay attention Blake.

I appear to be what you do here, why I have never figured out. Well if you plan on humping away continually you need to man up and pump those balls up and....

Ok ok ok, I was wrong about Clark.

Until you man up you are on ignore. I can't stand little wimps.

Now watch this little follow me around, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by JohnnyZ; 12-08-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Niner Joe "Jet" Perry was the first black to have a 1000 yard season. he was also the first have consecutive 1000 yard seasons, and the JCer to have a 1000 yard season, he was out of Compton JC.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I could buy ancient cats evolving into other cats who evolve into.......cats.

It's when we are expected to believe we all evolved from the same little fishy..............nay~~~~~~~~
    We are not talking about a few hundred years here, we are talking about billions of years.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I come back after two years and you are still arguing.

Some of you ers have been arguing about the same thing for 10 years.

10 years.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I come back after two years and you are still arguing.

Some of you ers have been arguing about the same thing for 10 years.

10 years.
    People are still trying to take evolution out of school science books and/or stick creation in.

Probably will keep trying for the next 100 years.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    monkey and chimp

africa hasnt evolve to monkey yet...

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers

RIP to the Larry thread.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe they finally accepted the fact there is a lot more to DNA than they wanted to admit.
    where the you been dude

Thread Information