My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10. Monta Ellis link

If you need somebody to put up a lot of shots, leave that task to young Monta in the mid-to-late 2000s. When he wasn't getting involved with the cops for his motorcycle stunts, he was on the court in Oakland putting up shots in bulk. His best season of chucking by my humble estimation was 2009, when he averaged 25 PPG on 41 minutes, shooting a crisp 45% from the field and a smooth-chuckin' 33% from 3. Today you can probably find him in the local Y in Oakland, still jacking up dem shots. Keep shootin' Monta.

9. Jeff McInnis link

A true random chucker from way back. Let's take a look at Jeff Mc-not-Irish-Innis. He played for several teams in his career (the Brand/Odom Clippers, Jail Blazers, rookie LeBron Cavs, among others), and never lost his fancy for putting up them shots. A prolific Mr. Buckets on a Bad Team, for the Clippers in 2002 he averaged 14 a game on 41% shooting and 32% from 3. That's some true early 2000s chuckin' there.

8. Quentin Richardson link

Yes, if you ever needed someone to sport the "3 Goggles" or to pound the invisible horns on his head would be after hitting a long range bomb, Q-Rich was your man. Especially on the Clippers with his pal, no question, Darius Miles. In 2003 he dropped 17 a game in mediocrity of Clipper Land, on 39% field goals and 35% from 3. Man, those were the days of True Chucking. They were the Pioneers on the great West, cresting the Horizon to the California Gold Rush that was mid-2000s shot-flinging.

7. Bob Sura link

When you're on the playground shooting them Ill-Advised Shots, just yell out Bob Sura! after hoisting one up and the dude who laughs is your best friend. The Other Big Shot Bob, The Other White Chocolate, The Other Eminem was Sura. He was a legendary Warriors Chucker from way back who feasted on numbers like 11PPG on 39% field goals and an electric 27% from deep, in 2001. And yes, he wasn't afraid to launch those, either, putting up 3 to 4 a game.

6. Al Harrington link

The definition of empty calories, Big Al Harrington was on the Pacers, Hawks, Raptors, Worriers, Thuggets, and just about every other team who needed a volume scorer to fill out the roster. And for anyone who needed a wingman for their First Banana entourage, like Jermaine O'Neal, Josh Smith and B Diddy. His best chucker season was arguably on the Knicks in '09 (right before he went to the Thuggets), when he averaged 20 a game with epic chucker FG and 3P % numbers of 44 and 36%.

5. Michael Redd link

Legendary Olympic Chucker Michael Redd joins us from ol' Milwaukee, where he was used for many years by the Bucks to being in the minimum amount of ticket sales to keep the Milwaukee NBA Dream alive. And he sure did his job, chucking his way to a season numbers like 22 PPG on 44% shooting and 36% on 3s in '08.

4. Troy Hudson link

(The short dude on the right in the above pic) Key shot-putter-upper of the KG-led T'Wolves of the early 2000s, Lil' Troy posted career best numbers of 42% FGs, 36% form 3. Legendary chucker indeed. And with KG leading the team in stare-downs and trash talk, Anything...Izzzz...Possibllle!

3. Damon Stoudamire link

(Mighty Mouse on the right) Legendary member of the JailBlazers, when he wasn't puffin' that devils cabbage he was putting up godlike chucker numbers like 15PPG on 39% field goal shooting and 36% from 3, in 2004-05. RIP to one of the most meme-worthy teams of all time, only about 10 years too early to be part of some "Dank" memes.

2. Antoine Walker link

Ah, Antoine Walker. The lovable big baby before Big Baby. He was notable for his on-court shooting displays, where he would grab a board and run all the way back to the 3 point line to chuck one up, rainbow-style. The Celts with him at the helm even got to the playoffs, before flaming out in the East to perennial powerhouses like New Jersey and Detroit. But nothing was going to stop him from getting his, as he would routinely post season numbers like in 2003, with 20 PPG, 38% from the floor and 32% from 3 on almost 8 attempts per game. Daryl Morey would sign this guy in a second if he didn't own 9 Dunkin' Donuts franchises

1. Carlos Arroyo link

And at the Penultimate Chucker position on our list, we finalize on the Puerto Rican Assassin, "El Orgullo De Puerto Rico", The MJ of Puerto Rico, Carlos Arroyo. After making his name in the 2004 olympics, where he dropped 24 on the greatest Chucker Squad in the history of USA Basketball, he was sure to receive the red carpet to the NBA. And he was received with great fanfare as he went on to a long and storied career of building brick houses, like in 2004 when he started 71 games for the Jazz, scoring 12 a game while shooting 44% from the field and a Marine Scout Sniper-like 32% from 3. All while blaring some nice Daddy Yankee tunes from his Tostones truck.

Honorable Mentions:

Willie Green link '08: 12PPG, 43%FG, 28% 3PT on 2-3 shots per game
    Vlady Radmonovich! link '03: 10PPG, 41%FG, 35% 3PT on 4-5 shots per game
    Brian Cardinal link '05: 9PPG, 37%FG, 35% 3PT on 2-3 shots per game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think 44% is awful for guards. its less than optimal, to be sure.

also, pretty surprised monta is out of the league

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who made this ty list?

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    kobe would be proud of some of those percentages tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off the top of my head:

Gilbert Arenas
    Cory Maggette
    Steve Francis

that's all I got Kobe is the all-time chucker - goes without saying.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Allen Iverson
    Tim Thomas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Mills

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    That’s a good one tbh, 2nd in ppg in 01 shooting 40% from the field

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think 44% is awful for guards. its less than optimal, to be sure.

also, pretty surprised monta is out of the league
    Divas get shown the door faster, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no mention of Enrique?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    phxspurfan

"Yes, if you ever needed someone to sport the "3 Goggles" or to pound the invisible horns on his head would be after hitting a long range bomb, Q-Rich was your man. Especially on the Clippers with his pal, no question, Darius Miles. In 2003 he dropped 17 a game in mediocrity of Clipper Land, on 39% field goals and 35% from 3. Man, those were the days of True Chucking. They were the Pioneers on the great West, cresting the Horizon to the California Gold Rush that was mid-2000s shot-flinging."

... yes, I remember that commercial. My question to you is, how could you mention Miles and not list him on this list... also, his buddy Ricky Davis for that matter?

Q-Rich did have a glory year in Phoenix in 2005.

Fatoine should have been #1. Arroyo shouldn't even be on the list, he was actually a decent role player at one point... replace him with a guy like Jannero Pargo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a re ed list. You want to make an all-time chuckers list, just pick the top 10 players with the most FGA during a season. None of those guys there would qualify. List should have guys like Iverson, Wilt, MJ, Kobe, Westbrook, etc.

Thread Information