Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard somewhere that the Memphis Grizzlies will buy out Gorgui Dieng. Would love to get him as a back up big, he's mobile and shoots 48% from 3. Would be a perfect fit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was expecting something dumb, am pleasantly surprised

Dieng would be solid.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are penny pinching at this point, don't see anyone being brought in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs won't bring anyone in, the ownership is literally sucking s in a Jack in the Box parking lot for money these days.

I think Gay gets bought out alongside LMA on the Spurs' end, though. Lyles too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No buyout is coming here. Spurs are, at best, a play-in team. And Spurs will focus on playing their youth over any buyout player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No buyout is coming here. Spurs are, at best, a play-in team. And Spurs will focus on playing their youth over any buyout player. 

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO are running the Holts out of business, they’re saving as much money as possible.

They won’t even do their usual Joel Anthony and Quincy Pondexter type splashes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Backup C is for sure a clear need. One that can shoot 3's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs won't bring anyone in, the ownership is literally sucking s in a Jack in the Box parking lot for money these days.

I only see a Gay buyout if the Spurs start to look like they won't make the playoffs near the buyout deadline for a playoff roster. I think they'll do him a solid and they should. He should have a chance to go somewhere and compete for a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only see a Gay buyout if the Spurs start to look like they won't make the playoffs near the buyout deadline for a playoff roster. I think they'll do him a solid and they should. He should have a chance to go somewhere and compete for a le.
    By the end of this homestand they'll be the 10th seed with the Pelicans breathing down their necks. Only a matter of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Focus on their youth by playing lyles/gay over Luka?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Focus on their youth by playing lyles/gay over Luka?
    They play their veterans when they have a chance at the playoffs. Once that disappears, Luka will be getting big minutes to end the year. I'm sure he's passed Lyles permanently. Gay is better right now than Luka, but once it's clear we won't make the playoffs, Spurs will free Gay and let Luka play. Don't forget the bubble last year. Pop even sat Forbes, who was dying to play, so that he could play his youth and get them experience. He's going to do the same at the end of this year, I'd bet. But you can't bury Gay on the bench when you have a legit shot at the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They play their veterans when they have a chance at the playoffs. Once that disappears, Luka will be getting big minutes to end the year. I'm sure he's passed Lyles permanently. Gay is better right now than Luka, but once it's clear we won't make the playoffs, Spurs will free Gay and let Luka play. Don't forget the bubble last year. Pop even sat Forbes, who was dying to play, so that he could play his youth and get them experience. He's going to do the same at the end of this year, I'd bet. But you can't bury Gay on the bench when you have a legit shot at the playoffs.
    Umm i'd argue that playing gay hurts your chances at making the playoffs tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm i'd argue that playing gay hurts your chances at making the playoffs tbh
    Well it's all a matter of opinion, but from my perspective, Gay is a more polished and confident scorer than Luka and he has playoff experience and is often our best scorer off the bench. I prefer Luka too because that's how Luka gets better. But if I was in win now mode, I'd play my veterans that know how to win games over guys that are still learning where to be on defense and not sure when to let it fly. You can disagree, but I think the Spurs have always trusted the veterans over rookies and young players. But that doesn't mean they are always right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard somewhere that the Memphis Grizzlies will buy out Gorgui Dieng. Would love to get him as a back up big, he's mobile and shoots 48% from 3. Would be a perfect fit
    This is a legit proposal. That’s why I don’t expect the FO to do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh that’s freakin funny lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not suggesting Spurs, just adding to the thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the spurs have money to spend

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the spurs have money to spend
    Cap wise they do, but given the austerity course, I highly doubt they will.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope the spurs will take a back up C. Dieng would be very good.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    when is the meyers leonard signing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs literally filled a roster spot to save ownership a few thousand bucks. They are not adding anyone to payroll.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs literally filled a roster spot to save ownership a few thousand bucks. They are not adding anyone to payroll.
    Kind of makes you wonder if the Spurs are on the path to being Sarver's Suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why bother? It's all about positioning for the draft at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we really have money to spend though? Since LA only gave up 2.7 and they got Chriss for 1.8 or whatever and can't waive him to get the insurance money...how much money do they have to add a player?

Thread Information