Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard's sister hints Kawhi still working on rejoining Spurs

Twitter: @JeffGSpursZone
    San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard has only played nine games this season and has been ruled out of action for the team's regular-season finale versus the Pelicans.
    The Spurs once again ruled him out of action due to his return from injury management and it leaves many wondering why San Antonio simply doesn't announce he is done for the entire season including the playoffs.
    Maybe it's because he is still attempting to rejoin the team.
    In case you didn't know, Leonard's sister runs his official Instagram fan page and recently posted comments regarding the playing status of her brother while promoting Kawhi's newest sneakers.
    Needless to say, her words leave the door wide open at a possible return to the floor for Kawhi.
    "What makes u think he's not working on getting back to his team? Make sure u speak Facts! Kawhi is still a Spur"

The Spurs will be heading to the playoffs and as mentioned, have not ruled him out for the entire season. This may be because they are looking to add him to the playoff roster.
    Should he make his way back to the squad and suit up in the postseason, the Spurs would get a huge boost to their playoff run and make them a formidable playoff opponent.
    There has been no announcement from the Spurs regarding the playoff playing status for Leonard but with many trying to figure out what is going on with him and his status with the team, any nugget of information helps.

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/ka...-joining-spurs

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi may not check SpursTalk but I bet his sister does.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slomo go ahead an sticky this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect to see him playing in preseason in a Spurs' uniform.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 04-11-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gee, she's been saying that all year. And gee, he only played 9 games and not a scent of him around the Spurs locker room in almost a month.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rjv just go ahead and bold me and give me a 2018 Spurs medal for MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When is the cornrow recluse gonna speak for HIMSELF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing but that’s nothing new. The official version is that he has been working very hard to come back all this time. I suppose it would be news to someone who didn’t believe Pop and Kiwis own statements.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus Kawhi is going to give a big boost? He hasn't played in an NBA game in two months. He'll be out of shape. Who knows if he's even played a basketball game in the last month. And the way he was moving getting on the plane...that's definitely not NBA speed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’ll be interesting to see if he does comeback for the playoffs at a certain point. If they make it out of the first round that would be huge. They’ll need a match with anyone outside of Houston or Golden State for that happen. Tonight’s game is crucial for that fact.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’ll be interesting to see if he does comeback for the playoffs at a certain point. If they make it out of the first round that would be huge. They’ll need a match with anyone outside of Houston or Golden State for that happen. Tonight’s game is crucial for that fact.
    What role would he even play? It would mess up chemistry, in addition to all the other things. I guess you play him 15 minutes a game so he can get in game shape by game 7 of the 2nd round? But alas, if he isn't playing now, he's not playing in the playoffs.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What role would he even play? It would mess up chemistry, in addition to all the other things. I guess you play him 15 minutes a game so he can get in game shape by game 7 of the 2nd round? But alas, if he isn't playing now, he's not playing in the playoffs.
    What chemistry?

First second round busts.

With Kawhi, no limit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP be like...

Don't be a got for once and ban yourself as you promised.. Let Spurfan take a W from this train-wreck of a season..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What chemistry?

First second round busts.

With Kawhi, no limit.
    After playing 73 games without him, they have adjusted to one style of play. They are an inside/outside team. Adding Kawhi changes what they do (or does it...no idea if he can play like an MVP upon return). You can’t just add a superstar and turn things around in one 7 game series. Kawhi May play 12-15 min even if he could comeback, and no guarantee that really changes much in games against Houston or GSW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has been out all year, he won't be ready to play in PO, I don't see FO taking any risks with Kawhi who is out of playing shape for 0,1% chance of winning this year...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kudos to Kawhi's marginally literate sister for keeping the fans informed with re-iterations of the same vague information.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't even sit with the team at games and he's going to come back and lead this team in the playoffs?

Bull

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd lose all respect for her if she does.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll take Kawhi in shape or not, regardless of chemistry or minutes restriction. With him there’s a chance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is she Dabom? Trying to save her alter ego's ST posting opportunities

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has been out all year, he won't be ready to play in PO, I don't see FO taking any risks with Kawhi who is out of playing shape for 0,1% chance of winning this year...
    Absolutely. He’s not coming back this season. It’s over for him this year. Spurs are being “politically correct “ by not ever ruling him out but that was probably very easy to do outwardly when they know inwardly that he’s not going to be ready in time. He still has to escalate, go through the 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, etc. There’s not enough time already for him to be ready. People assume his doctors clear him and the next day he can play. It doesn’t work like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for him to come back next season.

Thread Information