Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Puzzling to say the least. This is happening about three years too late. He had surgery on both knees and the last two seasons he didn't even play any professional basketball.

I think it's just the front office showing some courtesy to improve his chances of landing another contract in Europe. I would be really surprised if he suited up for the Summer League team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nooooooooooo.gif

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably means the Spurs are planning on maxing someone out and will have no choice but to fill the roster up with veteran contracts and rookies. Don't see another reason why they're bringing all these stashes and trying them out.

I just hope the max player ain't Horford....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting, it would have been great in 2012

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what? hahahhahahahhahahha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh for 's sake, i literally cut the rights to sign him yesterday after five years... you have got to be kidding me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could just be a symptom of a couple things:

1. Cap is going up and it feels like many "role players" are going to get overpaid. If you feel there is a lot of compe ion for role players & you will have to overpay, it makes sense to look at cheaper options to find value/depth vs giving someone who doesn't really help, a lot of money.

2. Ties into one, but if you are planning on spending a lot of money on 1 player, you may have find bargain bin players as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed but I mean it's just a workout..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau, Lorbek, Manu/Timmy....

This team is a lock for the 2012 championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lolol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably means the Spurs are planning on maxing someone out and will have no choice but to fill the roster up with veteran contracts and rookies. Don't see another reason why they're bringing all these stashes and trying them out.

I just hope the max player ain't Horford....
    Absolutely, agreed hopefully not Horford. It looks like they are preparing for that with the confirmed additions of Bertans, LJC, and Murray. Even the fact that Milutinov is on the SL team seems extremely odd considering he is skipping the Olympics for it. Gives me the impression that PATFO promised him a roster spot if he performed well in SL. The roster would be comprised of a veteran starting core and a rookie bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Cap is going up and it feels like many "role players" are going to get overpaid. If you feel there is a lot of compe ion for role players & you will have to overpay, it makes sense to look at cheaper options to find value/depth vs giving someone who doesn't really help, a lot of money.

2. Ties into one, but if you are planning on spending a lot of money on 1 player, you may have find bargain bin players as well.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup. Trying to cast their net and cover a lot of supporting bases. LJC Milutinov Bertans Hanga possible. If you're shooting for Horford Durant and Conley, that's what it'll take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you ask me, he is done. Been out 2 years with injuries, nobody even knew what's up with this guy and now suddenly he shows up and goes to workout with Spurs. Strange. But I would be shocked if he comes any near to being on that roster when the season starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Trying to cast their net and cover a lot of supporting bases. LJC Milutinov Bertans Hanga possible. If you're shooting for Horford Durant and Conley, that's what it'll take
    For sure. Spurs want to keep compe ing especially with Kawhi/LMA core (and definitely if Tim/Manu come back). Not overpaying role players also allows you flexibility in the event you whiff this year in FA.

Instead of just handing out a bunch of 6-10M deals, you get smaller deals that keep your options open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But with regards to this, it's just a workout like others have said. Odds of him making the team are quite small.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people are overthinking this. Lorbek was a very good player before he got hurt. If he's healthy now, he's worth a look. The Spurs only have so much money to spend on the rest of their roster -- Durant or no Durant. So they are making sure that they look at all of the cost-controlled players they can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is so stupid, he is like 53 years old right now, PATFO must be really desperate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is so stupid, he is like 53 years old right now, PATFO must be really desperate.
    He's 32, and he's a career 39-percent three-point shooter. Having a stretch-five on the bench who isn't Bonner seems like a good thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe he just wants to be part of the summer league? I think the Spurs would love to have him there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BS.

Might as well go after Shaq.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely, agreed hopefully not Horford. It looks like they are preparing for that with the confirmed additions of Bertans, LJC, and Murray. Even the fact that Milutinov is on the SL team seems extremely odd considering he is skipping the Olympics for it. Gives me the impression that PATFO promised him a roster spot if he performed well in SL. The roster would be comprised of a veteran starting core and a rookie bench.
    That was my read on Milutinov too, I heard he was in the middle of 3 year deal so I am not sure of whether that factors into him joining the Spurs now but he would make only $991,600 according to the slot he were drafted meaning that Anderson, Murray, Milutinov, Simmons, and probably Bertans and Livio would each be making less than the 10+ year Vet. min of $1.55 million. Having six young players with upside under contract for that cheap makes sense to me even if they don't have the experience that past bench cores did.

The top 9 rotation players will probably still have a boat load of experience and playoff experience to offset it. two of the less experience players with a chance to play off the bench is Anderson who is the 10th (depending on how you look at it) got plenty of playing time (almost 1400 minutes last year) Boban has international experience and logged about 620 minutes between the NBA and D-league last season (so I don't consider him to be a traditional sop re player.)

Manu, and Mills could still be apart of the bench with either( or neither) Diaw and/or West back. I would not be all that concerned with the final five roster spots, even if they are occupied by young players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he the real m.v.p. if he pushes Bonner into retirement tho?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While you're at it, might as well bring in Ryan Richards, Viktor Sanikidze and Marcus Denmon (he actually put some pretty good stats in Turkey). Due dilligence and all..

Thread Information