Page 338 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2382883283343353363373383393403413423483884388381338 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I done told you I ain't doing that, Splits.
    Go bump your count thread with the numbers, chop chop

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    My beef is with the obvious conflict of interest. People about the revolving door, this is actually much more direct and worse, IMO.
    What’s the conflict of interest? It’s a 70% LTV Freddie Mac loan secured by a portfolio of multifamily deals. That deal gets done all day every day, especially with a borrower who’d already completed a high volume of successful transactions with the agency lenders.

Keep in mind also that the loan is basically negotiated between Kushners company and Berkadia as the DUS lender. Fannie and Freddie themselves have little to no interaction with Kushner Co to get the loan finalized.

There’s simply no there there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All they are doing is scraping the webpages of the state agencies and other sources. You can see where they scrape from in the "source" column if you drill-down on US. So it is "peppered" in the sense that there's a bunch of states that report in an uncoordinated fashion. Most states report once or twice a day.
    . Yep. Clever, you knowing this (you work with data, right?) to get the old Cubster (and me).

Here's an example, blue line is actual, yellow is screen scraped. Blue line shows flatter growth, while the screen scraped line shows exponential growth.

When you were telling me NY/NJ was going to pop to 700-1000 deaths per day in like a week (from like 80 per day. In reality, it was probably like 200 per day), I just didn't know how that was possible, even with some exponential growth. But I see now, since that delayed screen-scraped data will all come rushing in at certain dates, even if those events didn't happen on those dates.

Nicely played, Splits.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 04-03-2020 at 03:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the conflict of interest? It’s a 70% LTV Freddie Mac loan secured by a portfolio of multifamily deals. That deal gets done all day every day, especially with a borrower who’d already completed a high volume of successful transactions with the agency lenders.

Keep in mind also that the loan is basically negotiated between Kushners company and Berkadia as the DUS lender. Fannie and Freddie themselves have little to no interaction with Kushner Co to get the loan finalized.

There’s simply no there there.
    The obvious conflict of interest is daddy getting a loan from government when son is in the administration. This wasn't a loan made before the kid started public service, but much later on.

And yeah, it might suck that people doing public service need to abstain from such deals, which is why being in public service should be a very thought out decision. It's pretty clear, to mea at least, this reeks of impropriety.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The obvious conflict of interest is daddy getting a loan from government when son is in the administration. This wasn't a loan made before the kid started public service, but much later on.

And yeah, it might suck that people doing public service need to abstain from such deals, which is why being in public service should be a very thought out decision. It's pretty clear, to mea at least, this reeks of impropriety.
    It’s a loan anybody doing the same transaction can get, how does that reek of impropriety? It was a plain vanilla multifamily loan.

Youre also ignoring the fact these loans gets securitized, the government doesn’t sit on $800 million of risk in this scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Splits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope there's some truth to this:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...eading-german/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lurking here a bit and seeing a lot of you guys in TX etc are going through the stages I went through. I'm in one of the states that got hit hard first, and we had to start this before mid March.

I've been quarantined for at least 7 weeks so far.

https://www.recover-from-grief.com/7...-of-grief.html

And a good chart that shows many of the stages. We all have to adapt, and will do so in time, and then it will all change again. This too shall pass. There will be other types of challenges ahead. But for now, deal with this one with all you have, and let God and Jesus handle what you can't control.

And like others say, the news doesn't help really. They keep you coming back by giving you a dose of fear, which causes a chemical reaction in your brain. It's highly addictive, and weaning yourself off of it is for the best. I find I can keep up with the latest news, even as rapidly as it's evolving, by staying connected to friends and family, checking the web (where you have more control over when to stop reading and do something else), and watching a show or two if I feel like it. But not all day by any stretch.

I also have a list of things I'd like to get done around here and on myself (personal development) before this is all over. Time is still our most valuable resource, and after you've done what you can by stocking your pantry and distancing for the medical workers to flatten the curve, it's time to work on yourself, your relationships, and your home projects. Stay busy and positive!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a loan anybody doing the same transaction can get, how does that reek of impropriety? It was a plain vanilla multifamily loan.

Youre also ignoring the fact these loans gets securitized, the government doesn’t sit on $800 million of risk in this scenario.
    He can do it once his kid is out of office. Sorry, but even though anybody can do that transaction in those terms, the fact that his kid was part of the administration handing out the loan and his kid potential involvement can't be scrutinized (due to, among other things, executive privilege) is what's improper.

It's like people saying Trump renting out his hotels to foreign leaders is, in and of itself, normal. He probably did some of that before becoming president. However, the fact that he or his family are set to benefit financially from the transaction makes it ethically improper.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...es/?comments=1

US edits National Stockpile website after Kushner claims it’s not for states
    Strategic National Stockpile site edited to downplay role in helping US states.
    ugh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AMERICA: Oh my god! Coronavirus! What should we do?
    CALIFORNIA: Shut down your state.
    AMERICA: Wait... what? Why?
    CALIFORNIA: Because 40 million people live here and we did it early, and it’s working.
    OHIO: Whoa... whoa... let’s not be hasty now. The president said that this whole coronavirus thing is a democratic hoax.
    CALIFORNIA: He also said that windmills cause cancer. Shut down your state.
    TEXAS: But the president said that we only have 15 cases and soon it'll be zero.
    CALIFORNIA: The president can’t count to fifteen. Nor even spell it. Shut down your state.
    NEW JERSEY: Us too?
    CALIFORNIA: Yes, you guys too. Just like when Christie shut down the bridge, but it’s your whole state.
    FLORIDA: But what about all these kids here on spring break?? They spend a lot of money here!
    CALIFORNIA: Those kids invented the tide pod challenge. Shut down your state.
    LOUISIANA: But wait let’s have Mardi Gras first. It entertains people.
    CALIFORNIA: It also kills them. Shut it down.
    GEORGIA: OK well how about we keep the state open for all of our mega-churches? Maybe we can all pray really hard until the coronavirus just goes away!
    CALIFORNIA: Which is working like a charm for mass shootings. Jesus told us to tell you to shut down your state.
    OKLAHOMA: What about the tigers?
    CALIFORNIA: What about a dentist. Shut it down.
    WYOMING: Hold up, maybe we should go county by county like the president said.
    CALIFORNIA: Stop acting like there are counties in Wyoming. There are no counties in Wyoming. Wyoming is a county. Shut it down.
    PENNSYLVANIA: But big coal.
    CALIFORNIA: But big death. Shut it.
    WEST VIRGINIA: But we were the last state to get coronavirus!
    CALIFORNIA: And don’t make us explain to you why that was. Shut it down.
    NORTH CAROLINA: But the republican national convention is coming here!
    CALIFORNIA: SHUT... OK, fine do what you want.

As someone from Wyoming... yup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lurking here a bit and seeing a lot of you guys in TX etc are going through the stages I went through. I'm in one of the states that got hit hard first, and we had to start this before mid March.

I've been quarantined for at least 7 weeks so far.

https://www.recover-from-grief.com/7...-of-grief.html

And a good chart that shows many of the stages. We all have to adapt, and will do so in time, and then it will all change again. This too shall pass. There will be other types of challenges ahead. But for now, deal with this one with all you have, and let God and Jesus handle what you can't control.
    Multiple choice.

Gods role in the outbreak:

A) Unaware it's happening
    B) Aware, but unwilling to stop it
    C) Aware, but unable to stop it
    D) Deliberately caused it.

Asking for a friend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Multiple choice.

Gods role in the outbreak:

A) Unaware it's happening
    B) Aware, but unwilling to stop it
    C) Aware, but unable to stop it
    D) Deliberately caused it.

Asking for a friend.
    I know not everyone has faith, but I do. I've seen my share of miracles. I think this is going to be one of them. It already has been for me, getting me back in touch with my family. If I died tomorrow of this crap, I'd be happy knowing I only did that (among other things, like help those far worse off via donations, time spent volunteering, and prayer).

I personally saw a kids playground, near where I was biking last weekend, with the "closed: COVID-19" sign, taken over by several large birds (huge birds, like the endangered type). I also caught my neighbors staring at the front of my house yesterday, and was like wtf. Then I looked and saw a huge family of deer munching on weeds right outside my front door, and walking right down the street with no fear of being run over. It was awesome. I also have seen people in general, treating each other much better. And I'm in an area where people treat each other like a lot.

This forced stay at home thing has caused many wild animals to feel free to roam again, and some of nature to reset itself, without nearly as much fear of our dumb asses trampling them, scaring them, or causing other harm. I hope when we all start getting through this, one way or another (which we will), we will take some valuable lessons on how to treat each other and our planet. That alone would make it all worth it to me, even if I or some of my family die because of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Interesting. Hard to know what to believe. Oh well, I've got the cleanest doorknobs in town.

Here's another: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rus-laboratory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Yep. Clever, you knowing this (you work with data, right?) to get the old Cubster (and me).

Here's an example, blue line is actual, yellow is screen scraped. Blue line shows flatter growth, while the screen scraped line shows exponential growth.

When you were telling me NY/NJ was going to pop to 700-1000 deaths per day in like a week (from like 80 per day. In reality, it was probably like 200 per day), I just didn't know how that was possible, even with some exponential growth. But I see now, since that delayed screen-scraped data will all come rushing in at certain dates, even if those events didn't happen on those dates.

Nicely played, Splits.
    That's part of it. I don't want to reveal the formula just yet. I will say that the numbers in Europe are forecasting the numbers in the US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same article posted by midnight, but no paywall

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...us-spread.html

Prof Streeck said the virus had not even been found on door knobs or animal fur.

He told German TV that there had been 'no proven infections while shopping or at the hairdressers'.

'We know it's not a smear infection that is transmitted by touching objects, but that close dancing and exuberant celebrations have led to infections.'

He said Germany's patient zero had only infected her colleagues and not other guests or diners at the hotel she had been staying at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Hard to know what to believe. Oh well, I've got the cleanest doorknobs in town.

Here's another: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rus-laboratory
    Systematic testing, and appropriate resources applied early to tracking.

We still don't have enough tests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All they are doing is scraping the webpages of the state agencies and other sources. You can see where they scrape from in the "source" column if you drill-down on US. So it is "peppered" in the sense that there's a bunch of states that report in an uncoordinated fashion. Most states report once or twice a day.
    I am still mindful of the Texas counties with no reported cases.

We are looking at an elephant through a pinhole.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

85% of TX residents reside in urban/suburban areas. If that count can be accurate, then the rest is not useful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

these “free democracies” being exposed for the bull trash they are

governments acting wilder than regular folk

animals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are we going to get hit super hard too? Our patient zero didn't get here much later (if at all) than some of the new hotspots popping up and the school/major city shutdowns didn't lag behind most of the rest of the country. What am I missing? I know it will get worse but I've kind of been optimistic that we won't get hit as hard as some of the other large urban areas.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AMERICA: Oh my god! Coronavirus! What should we do?
    CALIFORNIA: Shut down your state.
    AMERICA: Wait... what? Why?
    CALIFORNIA: Because 40 million people live here and we did it early, and it’s working.
    OHIO: Whoa... whoa... let’s not be hasty now. The president said that this whole coronavirus thing is a democratic hoax.
    CALIFORNIA: He also said that windmills cause cancer. Shut down your state.
    TEXAS: But the president said that we only have 15 cases and soon it'll be zero.
    CALIFORNIA: The president can’t count to fifteen. Nor even spell it. Shut down your state.
    NEW JERSEY: Us too?
    CALIFORNIA: Yes, you guys too. Just like when Christie shut down the bridge, but it’s your whole state.
    FLORIDA: But what about all these kids here on spring break?? They spend a lot of money here!
    CALIFORNIA: Those kids invented the tide pod challenge. Shut down your state.
    LOUISIANA: But wait let’s have Mardi Gras first. It entertains people.
    CALIFORNIA: It also kills them. Shut it down.
    GEORGIA: OK well how about we keep the state open for all of our mega-churches? Maybe we can all pray really hard until the coronavirus just goes away!
    CALIFORNIA: Which is working like a charm for mass shootings. Jesus told us to tell you to shut down your state.
    OKLAHOMA: What about the tigers?
    CALIFORNIA: What about a dentist. Shut it down.
    WYOMING: Hold up, maybe we should go county by county like the president said.
    CALIFORNIA: Stop acting like there are counties in Wyoming. There are no counties in Wyoming. Wyoming is a county. Shut it down.
    PENNSYLVANIA: But big coal.
    CALIFORNIA: But big death. Shut it.
    WEST VIRGINIA: But we were the last state to get coronavirus!
    CALIFORNIA: And don’t make us explain to you why that was. Shut it down.
    NORTH CAROLINA: But the republican national convention is coming here!
    CALIFORNIA: SHUT... OK, fine do what you want.

If you made that up... stand up comedy is waiting.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

these “free democracies” being exposed for the bull trash they are

governments acting wilder than regular folk

animals
    Thats why we need Assad or Putin... sure thing dictator boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we going to get hit super hard too? Our patient zero didn't get here much later (if at all) than some of the new hotspots popping up and the school/major city shutdowns didn't lag behind most of the rest of the country. What am I missing? I know it will get worse but I've kind of been optimistic that we won't get hit as hard as some of the other large urban areas.
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...iologist-says/

Thread Information