Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying maybe it was the guy who pours cheese on the nachos???
    Nephew: I want extra cheese on my nachos.

Guy: Screw you wuss, get out and play. Until then you get as much cheese as anyone else.

Nephew: And I want my uncle to have a role in the organization.

Guy: No nachos for you! 1 Year!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean or Bowen would be my guess

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Guy: Screw you wuss, get out and play. Until then you get as much cheese as anyone else.

@Keepin’ it real , BillMc has the answer right here.

That and the Taco Bell ads in this place confirms it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My take so far: If Kawhi really flipped the script on the team that traded a good player to draft him, built him up, got him his first Finals MVP, and made him the "franchise player" over something that one or two guys said to him...that's a move, tbh.

I'm sure the Spurs weren't without fault by the medical staff or the people surrounding Kawhi. This just in...people aren't perfect. Neither are doctors (which I can clearly attest to as a person who has lost a father to cancer and dealt with several misdiagnoses for my mother's).

That doesn't give a guy to reason to turn his back on the franchise who built him but Kawhi is just another person who isn't perfect.

I think there is a lot of truth to the fact that Kawhi wanted out, and used these "reasons" to make it so. Spurs fans need to stop lamenting about what could have been, and realize the guy got what he wanted.

It's time to move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My take so far: If Kawhi really flipped the script on the team that traded a good player to draft him, built him up, got him his first Finals MVP, and made him the "franchise player" over something that one or two guys said...that's a move, tbh.

I'm sure the Spurs weren't without fault by the medical staff or the people surrounding Kawhi. This just in...people aren't perfect. Neither are doctors (which I can clearly attest to a person who has lost a father to cancer and dealt with several misdiagnoses for my mother's).

That doesn't give a guy to reason to turn his back on the franchise who built him but Kawhi is just another person who isn't perfect.

I think there is a lot of truth to the fact that Kawhi wanted out, and used these "reasons" to make it so. Spurs fans need to stop lamenting about what could have been, and realize the guy got what he wanted.

It's time to move on.
    this tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is Becky.
    If Becky is the one that called him a pussy, that would be classic. D-Rob honorable mention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

keep it real BillMc it wasn't the Nacho guy. It was the Spurs legendary sandwich maker...you know who...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No RC had been drinking again and actually said “ Kawhi you’re the damned MVP “ but slurring his words so much it sounded like “ Kawhi you’re a damn pussy “. To quote the Warden in Cool Hand Luke “ What we had here was a failure to communicate “
    Sounds plausible tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope Tim wasn't involved..it's bad enough that we can never look at Parker the same way again, it would be much worse if TD played a part..
    4x champ, all time great PG, guaranteed HOFer in my eyes still. IDGAF which re nephew lied his way out of SA or which media outlet misconstrued Tony's comments. Tony still tony.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    it was ime udoka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's troubling with the whole timeline is that Kawhi performs in China and shows up for camp in October with has this mystery quad injury and can't play. He gets approval for his group to take over rehab, and then communications get real cold and strained. This was all way before the players only meeting, Parker's thousand times worse statement, before someone called him a pussy, and before any contract offers. Seems back in October 2017, the seeds were being sowed to get him out of SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's troubling with the whole timeline is that Kawhi performs in China and shows up for camp in October with has this mystery quad injury and can't play. He gets approval for his group to take over rehab, and then communications get real cold and strained. This was all way before the players only meeting, Parker's thousand times worse statement, before someone called him a pussy, and before any contract offers. Seems back in October 2017, the seeds were being sowed to get him out of SA.
    If I remember correctly, according to Michael C. Wright the team gave Kawhi and his camp control over the injury rehab in August 2017 - that is, not after Kawhi showed up for camp in October but before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keep it real BillMc it wasn't the Nacho guy. It was the Spurs legendary sandwich maker...you know who...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's my take on the story ...

From what I understand (and I'm not saying this is fact, just what I was told), Kawhi got his feelings hurt because someone in the organization (not a player, not Pop) said in not-so-kind words that he was being a wimp about the injury. Kawhi wasn't that riled up about it, but was offended. Mentioned it to his Uncle, and Kawhi's group then got Kawhi really riled up about it (saying he was being disrespected, not appreciated, Spurs were too controlling, Kawhi wasn't having input on player signings, etc.) Side note: I believe that Kawhi really only cares about playing basketball, but he trusts his advisors completely, when maybe they are just looking out for their own best interest not necessarily his.

At that point, anything the Spurs did or said to Kawhi was met with resistance by the group and blown out of proportion by the media. (For example, when Tony talked about Kawhi's injury, that was actually a comment in support of Kawhi -- go watch the video again. "Worse" things were said by other players privately, but none of them were trying to slight Kawhi - they were just confused/frustrated by the lack of communication. Kawhi was just trying to rehab and had turned over most communication to his group.) Kawhi was never pissed off at any of his teammates or even really with Pop. He thought he was physically not able to play at that point, and he had become convinced that the grass was greener elsewhere. And he was right... he just won a Championship.

I think that communication could have been a lot better on both sides, and I think Kawhi could have done a lot more to improve that communication. I also think he could have played more than those 9 games, and if he really couldn't, he should have been sitting behind the bench in support of his teammates. But I'm not one of the many doctors he consulted, so what do I know?

Do I think he will stay in Toronto? Probably not. He's probably very happy there (especially right now), but again, "coming home" to California is a big appeal to him and the group.

Disclaimer: There's more to the story but this is the beginning of it, and timvp has some insight on that info that he may or may not ever share.
    Thanks for sharing and this says all that need be said really. He's gone and so it goes. I personally will never root for him and I'm glad he's gone. Simply because all the drama was such a drag. The silver lining is that there are a lot of things we can do with our lives and any Spurs fan has had a big part of their summer wrapped up with the Spurs for two decades. I wasn't expecting a long run and went on a wonderful trip in late May and was far away when The Finals began.

Now we have the draft to enjoy and another season seeing the younger guys develop. Sounds fun and I'm looking forward to a new season. I look forward to shorter summers in the future, but this year was fine. We played our best home game of the season on our last home game. Let's build from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it was some one in the makeup department for the HEB commercials. “You missed a spot”. “Shut up you pussy”! Also, I’m sure a few ST posters called him pussy during his no show shenanigans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4x champ, all time great PG, guaranteed HOFer in my eyes still. IDGAF which re nephew lied his way out of SA or which media outlet misconstrued Tony's comments. Tony still tony.
    A votre sante Tony!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was one of the main guys calling out Kawhi yet he gets a pass.
    Manu is a basketball warrior. A champion on all levels. He literally gave his left nut for this team. He gets his pass. Now STFU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @Keepin’ it real , BillMc has the answer right here.

That and the Taco Bell ads in this place confirms it.
    "Make a run for the border" is their slogan, right? Who knew all this time they meant the Canadian border!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is a basketball warrior. A champion on all levels. He literally gave his left nut for this team. He gets his pass. Now STFU.
    Not to mention played with a broken arm in the playoffs against Memphis in 2011.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So not RC.

According to Kori’s source, not Pop or the players either.

According to MoSpur02’s source, not Holt too.

Who else?
    Holt's children.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holt's children.
    I heard it was the coyote.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So not RC.

According to Kori’s source, not Pop or the players either.

According to MoSpur02’s source, not Holt too.

Who else?
    A member of the silver dancers...and you see how they were dealt with..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard it was the coyote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might write something in the next few days if I feel like it but it's not going to be anything too earth shattering, tbh. Not going to go into full details. It wouldn't do the Spurs any good to expose everything ... and I'm a Spurs fan before anything, tbh.

Safe to say Spurs made their fair share of mistakes and didn't handle things well in retrospect...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's my take on the story ...

From what I understand (and I'm not saying this is fact, just what I was told), Kawhi got his feelings hurt because someone in the organization (not a player, not Pop) said in not-so-kind words that he was being a wimp about the injury. Kawhi wasn't that riled up about it, but was offended. Mentioned it to his Uncle, and Kawhi's group then got Kawhi really riled up about it (saying he was being disrespected, not appreciated, Spurs were too controlling, Kawhi wasn't having input on player signings, etc.) Side note: I believe that Kawhi really only cares about playing basketball, but he trusts his advisors completely, when maybe they are just looking out for their own best interest not necessarily his.

At that point, anything the Spurs did or said to Kawhi was met with resistance by the group and blown out of proportion by the media. (For example, when Tony talked about Kawhi's injury, that was actually a comment in support of Kawhi -- go watch the video again. "Worse" things were said by other players privately, but none of them were trying to slight Kawhi - they were just confused/frustrated by the lack of communication. Kawhi was just trying to rehab and had turned over most communication to his group.) Kawhi was never pissed off at any of his teammates or even really with Pop. He thought he was physically not able to play at that point, and he had become convinced that the grass was greener elsewhere. And he was right... he just won a Championship.

I think that communication could have been a lot better on both sides, and I think Kawhi could have done a lot more to improve that communication. I also think he could have played more than those 9 games, and if he really couldn't, he should have been sitting behind the bench in support of his teammates. But I'm not one of the many doctors he consulted, so what do I know?

Do I think he will stay in Toronto? Probably not. He's probably very happy there (especially right now), but again, "coming home" to California is a big appeal to him and the group.

Disclaimer: There's more to the story but this is the beginning of it, and timvp has some insight on that info that he may or may not ever share.
    -----------------------------------------------

Thanks Maam!

Thread Information