Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1898
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still stunned at what they got for DeRozen especially since he could have walked away for nothing in return.
    There wasn't any free agent money for DeRozan after every team that had money went in another direction. LAL chose Westbrook over him, NYK chose Fournier, etc, so the Spurs had some good leverage to require a return for getting DeRozan paid through sign and trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea heard sixers would want murray/vassell&mcbuckets
    screw that crap. heck no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we replace Murray with White? Lol

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More chatter from Marc Stein about Simmons and the spurs. Mentioned Simmons would welcome a trade to SA
    With the season Dejounte is having, no ing thanks lol. And I can't picture Murray and Simmons fitting well together in a starting lineup either, so don't want to trade for Simmons even without losing Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and Simmons would work very well together. Their games mesh very well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and Simmons would work very well together. Their games mesh very well.
    No they wouldn't. DJ can barely shoot and Simmons cant shoot at all. Add Poeltl in there and the SL spacing is a nightmare

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Murray and Simmons would work, the rest of the roster would be puzzling to fit all together but I highly doubt the spurs are still considering Simmons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... I'm still stunned at what they got for DeRozen especially since he could have walked away for nothing in return.

Stunning is the word.

The Spurs got a part-time backup center for the amazing price of only $14M;

And a worthless player they could cut for only $10M;

And a couple of draft picks in 4 years who might, possibly, turn into players who might, possibly, be worth having in five or six or seven years. Maybe.

It is truly stunning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they wouldn't. DJ can barely shoot and Simmons cant shoot at all. Add Poeltl in there and the SL spacing is a nightmare
    DJ has become a very underrated shooter here. I don't have the stats on me but he's shooting like 40% from 3 in a recent streak. Also his midrange is money.

Poeltl would thrive too. Imagine that high low game between him and Simmons. Both are intelligent players and have a great feel for the game and positioning around the basket. It would be similar to the high-low game of Timmy and Splitter. Simmons has been working HARD on his game and I believe he will show a willingness to take the elbow jumper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with what i've seen so far this year, this is what i'm willing to give them that i believe can add value to the sixers:

White, Johnson, Young, Tre Jones(and i really like Jones)

thats it

need to keep Vassell, Murray, Poeltl, Primo imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... Mentioned Simmons would welcome a trade to SA
    Sure, since SA is well known as being where all the coolest socialites hang out. How could Simmons resist?

This all just gets funnier and funnier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Poeltl would thrive too. Imagine that high low game between him and Simmons. Both are intelligent players and have a great feel for the game and positioning around the basket. …

And imagine the free throw shooting!

Simmons would be a great acquisition in the right deal, tho. I’d trade Eubanks for him, straight up, provided that the 6ers agreed to pay the difference in salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, since SA is well known as being where all the coolest socialites hang out. How could Simmons resist?

This all just gets funnier and funnier.
    If my choices were Detroit, Minneapolis, or San Antonio…SA is easily the best choice. Philly isn’t anything special either btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any trade must include Bonnie Walker Jr. We need to avoid any risk of a re-signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wieskamp will make McDermott redundant. Simmons makes DJ redundant. So, the absolute cost is Vassell.

I’m surprised they’re willing to take two guys 25 and over, one of them being 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any trade must include Bonnie Walker Jr. We need to avoid any risk of a re-signing.
    Then you probably also meant to throw in Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Murray and Simmons would work, the rest of the roster would be puzzling to fit all together but I highly doubt the spurs are still considering Simmons
    Saying it doesn’t make it so. Three guys who don’t shoot at a high level in the SL? And two of them have no jumper at all?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’ll need all the shooting you can get with Simmons in the lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell and Primo should be untouchable. Non-negotiable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying it doesn’t make it so. Three guys who don’t shoot at a high level in the SL? And two of them have no jumper at all?
    If we’re being completely honest nobody in our SL as is can shoot except McDermott, having two building blocks in Murray and Simmons is a good start, you build from that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell and Primo should be untouchable. Non-negotiable
    I agree. But i would want McDermott to stay too. Murray/White, vassell, simmons, McDermott, Poeltl line up is solid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we’re being completely honest nobody in our SL as is can shoot except McDermott, having two building blocks in Murray and Simmons is a good start, you build from that
    Ben needs the ball to be effective, like DeRozan level. DJ would have to take a back seat, and his numbers would drop to probably 14/5/6, devaluing him in any prospective future trades. He would also probably be pissed.

White, before this season, has been a good 3 point shooter, like 37% overall. He is struggling, but if you play him off the ball with Simmons, that would be his get well scenario. Last year, Phillys shooters, as a group, shot 4-5% higher from 3 with Ben on the floor versus off the floor. Unlike DJ, Ben WILL find perimeter shooters, and get them the ball in the right place, at the right time.

This was a lot less than I thought Philly would want. Doesn’t look like they’re asking us to mortgage our future draft picks. That unusual in a trade for a multi time All NBA player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still would not trade for Simmons. he is not good. he is living off of name. If he could play center he might be good but he is to small to do that against good centers. GS he might be able to do it against. with the spacing even PF would be hard for him to play. He is just overrated. I will be glad when he is traded so people will see how overrated he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still would not trade for Simmons. he is not good. he is living off of name. If he could play center he might be good but he is to small to do that against good centers. GS he might be able to do it against. with the spacing even PF would be hard for him to play. He is just overrated. I will be glad when he is traded so people will see how overrated he is.
    Yeah, like 3 ASGs and two All NBA teams and Two All D teams. Totally overrated…to casuals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd give Murray or White, KJ, and Thad...I'd also be willing to give Murray + White if we could get back Curry or Maxey...

Vassell and Primo would be off-limits...

Edited to add: if Thad or Eubanks aren't included then they both need to be moved in separate deals. Let Jock be the backup 5 so we can at least run a lineup from time to time with 4 guys who can space the floor and give Ben space to work.

Thread Information