Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 08-20-2022 at 12:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whole season finna be training camp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whole season finna be training camp
    Yes
    And I'm more excited than last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard Keldon practiced Euro-ball this summer, hardcore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be a fun season boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we can have 20 players going into training camp, auditioning for 15 roster spots and 2, two way contracts (likely Hall and Barlow). From my perspective we have 22 guys total:

- Woodard, Stewert and Ca are FA’s but possible invites
    - Langford might be waived ahead of camp to find a better situation, but he is fully guaranteed 5mm. Given the lack of talent on this roster I hope he gets an invite
    - McDermott, Jak and JRich are probably going to be Spurs
    come opening night
    - Weiskamp still hasn't signed his QO. I find that interesting, doubt he gets a better deal away and he seemed to be with the young players most of summer
    - KBD and Alize Johnson have only partial guarantees going into training camp
    - Isaiah Roby is a guaranteed contract but not a lock to make the team

If McDermott, Jak and JRich aren’t moved I suspect some combo of KBD, Langford, Weiskamp, Roby, Johnson, Hall, Barlow and last years G-Leaguers are battling it out for the final spots. That’s 10 guys battling for the final 5 slots. I haven’t researched two-way g-league eligiabity for some of these guys so that is something to keep in mind.

Personally, there isn’t a single player I have a strong rooting interest for. All potato, potatoe to me.
    Last edited by KingKev; 08-22-2022 at 09:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes
    I am understandably curious how this season will turn out and how the newbies and rookies will do. Granted we know that this team is in "tanking mode", but it doesn't mean the team won't play hard and give 110% effort. Can't ask for more than that. It will be an interesting year for the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be a real point of interest to compare all of the young guys from their play at the beginning of the season to how they are playing together at the end.

That should say a lot going forward.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last season we had mostly exciting losses. I think the losses this year will be more, uh, definitive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious which players don’t play much initially, causing fans to obsess over.

Wesley?
    Barlow?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious which players don’t play much initially, causing fans to obsess over.

Wesley?
    Barlow?
    People expecting to see a lot of Barlow will be disappointed. Two ways are back to being limited to 50 days with the big club, after restrictions were lifted last season for covid coverage. Any travel, off, or game days count equally.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we can have 20 players into training camp, auditioning for 15 roster spots and 2, two way contracts (likely Bell and Barlow). From my perspective we have 22 guys total:

- Langford might be waived ahead of camp to find a better situation, but he is fully guaranteed 5mm. Given the lack of talent on this roster I hope he gets an invite
    come opening night
    - Weiskamp still hasn't signed his QO. I find that interesting, doubt he gets a better deal away and he seemed to be with the young players most of summer
    - Isiah Roby is a guaranteed contract but not a lock
    to make the team

if McDermott, Jak and JRich aren’t moved I suspect some combo of KBD, Langford, Weiskamp, Roby, Johnson, Bell, Barlow
    and last years G-Leaguers are battling it out for the final spots. That’s 10 guys battling for the final 7 slots. I haven’t researched some if these guys 2-way status so that is something to keep in mind.

Personally there isn’t a single player I have a strong rooting interest for. All potato, potatoe to me.
    Have I missed something? Who is Bell? Do you mean Jordan Hall?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have I missed something? Who is Bell? Do you mean Jordan Hall?
    My mistake, Jordan Hall. Thanks for contributing to this community… lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mistake Jordan Hall. Thanks for contributing to this community.
    Easy to happen with all the new names. I actually like Hall. Decent length and diverse skillset. The question of course is if they apply at all on an NBA level.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes
    Than last 3-4 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roby will play for us. Like actually play regularly. He is a rotational player for the bottom half of teams. Heck, he would play for good offensive teams, like warriors or nets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roby will play for us. Like actually play regularly. He is a rotational player for the bottom half of teams. Heck, he would play for good offensive teams, like warriors or nets.
    The fact he never even cleared waivers says the Spurs like him but he still has to show something in training camp. We have multiple deep bench players fighting for spots and the guaranteed money means little.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard Keldon practiced Euro-ball this summer, hardcore.
    keldon couldn't play the 4 in today's euro league

too small too soft, too soft, too soft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #FreeJosh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we can have 20 players going into training camp, auditioning for 15 roster spots and 2, two way contracts (likely Hall and Barlow). From my perspective we have 22 guys total:

come opening night
    - Isaiah Roby is a guaranteed contract but not a lock to make the team

If McDermott, Jak and JRich aren’t moved I suspect some combo of KBD, Langford, Weiskamp, Roby, Johnson, Hall, Barlow and last years G-Leaguers are battling it out for the final spots. That’s 10 guys battling for the final 5 slots. I haven’t researched two-way g-league eligiabity for some of these guys so that is something to keep in mind.

Personally, there isn’t a single player I have a strong rooting interest for. All potato, potatoe to me.
    My math was off… 10 guys battling for 5 spots but most likely: Romeo Langford, Isaiah Roby, Alize Johnson, Kates Beta-Diop and Joe Weiskamp for the final 2 full roster spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My math was off… 10 guys battling for 5 spots but most likely: Romeo Langford, Isaiah Roby, Alize Johnson, Kates Beta-Diop and Joe Weiskamp for the final 2 full roster spots.
    Roby seems like a lock. And then I’d guess Lil Weezy. But Langford is guaranteed and it seems unlikely they eat Langford’s salary for the opportunity to retain Weezy.

So either trades will happen to open up spots or ownership opens their wallet to pay Langford. Just talking aloud here. Haven’t looked into this too deeply…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roby seems like a lock. And then I’d guess Lil Weezy. But Langford is guaranteed and it seems unlikely they eat Langford’s salary for the opportunity to retain Weezy.

So either trades will happen to open up spots or ownership opens their wallet to pay Langford. Just talking aloud here. Haven’t looked into this too deeply…
    I don’t have a horse in this race. I also don’t think cost is a consideration, unless PATFO are indifferent between two guys and one costs less. Langford always appeared to me as a throw in and from the limited film we’ve seen don’t think he cares to be here but I do believe Roby and Langford (both guaranteed) are the most intriguing.

Also, keep in mind we ate Hutchison, Samanic and Aminu last year no problem.

These guys are all fringe NBA players but I’m not sure Weiskamp is even that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When in doubt keep whoever is shortest?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When in doubt keep whoever is shortest?
    “Basketball is position-less now my pal Steve Kerr taught me this. I play players out of position to toughen them up; it’s not about gaining an advantage, it’s about making things as hard as possible so you know deep down you earned that play-in appearance”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There could be trades, or they could eat Langford's $$$ and keep Wieskamp. We're not even close to the salary floor yet. It's a rookie contract 4th year for a 14th pick. Not going to break the bank.

Thread Information