Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sixers literally have no offers. Simmons is no Kawhi, but none of the players that any of these teams are putting on the table (GS, Sac, Minny) are close to DeRozan. Heck, they barely sniff Poeltl.

The Kings are trying to get away with Hield and Bagley. Hield is good from the outside, but not a very efficient player otherwise. And he sucks defensively. He’s 28 and not on a cheap contract. Bagley is still young and can fit with Embiid, but is also due for a new contract soon.

The Warriors have to send out one of Draymond or Wiggins, and not sure their other prospects make a deal attractive enough.

If the Wolves want a core of Russell-Towns-Edwards-Simmons, what the heck are they shipping out? Beasley, Beverley and Taurean Prince? Barf.

Any Spurs’ offer is much more attractive to the Sixers as they can make contracts match without sending any dead long-term money. The Sixers could bring in another team if they wanted to turn any of Young/Aminu/Hutchinson into other pieces. And the Spurs’ young pieces are under better contracts generally, and there are more of them to pick from.

I don’t think he ends up with Spurs, but hard to see a great offer materializing.
    You're overrating DeRozan. That Toronto trade was a salary dump for them after he got benched in fourth quarters of the ECF, they just happened to luck into a le out of it. DePression was also making near superstar money, eg like $2 million less than Durant and Harden. He was likely the second star Pop was promising Leonard the Spurs were near acquiring when trying to get him to stay since they could get him for practically nothing as a salary dump.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors don't want Green and Simmons together. Highly doubt Sixers want Green. Makes a warriors trade hard I imagine.
    I can't imagine there are any of these proposals that Philly wants. But they're screwed. They can either trade him for crap or try to force him to play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprised. I really never saw the interest/need from GSW side. All agent driven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it sounds like its between the Spurs and Minny but I don't know who they're even offering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprised. I really never saw the interest/need from GSW side. All agent driven.
    No ing . Most of the 'chatter' around Simmons is bull created by his agency, with the pathetic, immoral sports media giving them a big assist. Warriors never had any interest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing . Most of the 'chatter' around Simmons is bull created by his agency, with the pathetic, immoral sports media giving them a big assist. Warriors never had any interest.
    More likely it is the 76ers trying to create rumors to up the price. The agency doesn't have to do much, just sit tight and make things awkward for the 76ers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are multiple teams' local beat reporters reporting on their teams trade talks around Simmons. This isn't some fake chatter created by his agency you really think his agent needs to drum up interest? He's a young all-star on a 4 year deal who has demanded out of Philly. Teams are calling about it. It's not made up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it sounds like its between the Spurs and Minny but I don't know who they're even offering.
    I think this is right...and if minny isn't offering Russell or Edwards then I think we could be in the driver's seat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah nobody is wanting this diva. Besides me, I like drama. I would prefer to watch the Ben Simmons trainwreck over the Forbes clap his hands in disgust, look down, and shake his head as he jogs back on offense after giving up his 110th layup.

I lowkey feel like GS wants Raymond gone, but are too scared to do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as the current roster goes, there are a lot of expendable pieces that the Spurs can trade. My hope, if they pursue Simmons, is that they keep their first round picks. I still think he'd likely turn out to be a mistake, but if it's not a overly costly move perhaps it's worth a roll of the dice. We're talent deprived at this point so who really cares. This team needs an enema, and maybe that enema is named Ben Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as the current roster goes, there are a lot of expendable pieces that the Spurs can trade. My hope, if they pursue Simmons, is that they keep their first round picks. I still think he'd likely turn out to be a mistake, but if it's not a overly costly move perhaps it's worth a roll of the dice. We're talent deprived at this point so who really cares. This team needs an enema, and maybe that enema is named Ben Simmons.
    Benema if you will

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Benema if you will

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to believe Chinook that Primo could be part of the trade for Simmons come Sept 9 when he becomes available to be traded, with rumors that Sixers was high on Primo. Or if that doesn’t happen, that Primo is a potential top 5 draft pick next year who can be paired with next year’s high pick. So either way, Spurs doesn’t have to be all in with Simmons. But I’m hoping that Spurs get Simmons, see what Chip and Spurs winning culture can do with him, and see where that takes us.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh, I’d trade DJ, Yak, Thad Young, and the Chicago 1st? (I have no idea if the numbers are close). If we got back Maxey, then I’d like that. Seems unlikely, but the wait will screw over Morey more and more, and though I don’t dislike the Sixers, they sort of deserve this for not choosing between Simmons and Embiid years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to believe Chinook that Primo could be part of the trade for Simmons come Sept 9 when he becomes available to be traded, with rumors that Sixers was high on Primo. Or if that doesn’t happen, that Primo is a potential top 5 draft pick next year who can be paired with next year’s high pick. So either way, Spurs doesn’t have to be all in with Simmons. But I’m hoping that Spurs get Simmons, see what Chip and Spurs winning culture can do with him, and see where that takes us.
    Lol wut.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Wolves want a core of Russell-Towns-Edwards-Simmons, what the heck are they shipping out? Beasley, Beverley and Taurean Prince? Barf.

Any Spurs’ offer is much more attractive to the Sixers as they can make contracts match without sending any dead long-term money. The Sixers could bring in another team if they wanted to turn any of Young/Aminu/Hutchinson into other pieces. And the Spurs’ young pieces are under better contracts generally, and there are more of them to pick from.

I don’t think he ends up with Spurs, but hard to see a great offer materializing.
    Supposedly the Timberwolves' offer is Beasley, Prince, McDaniels + undisclosed draft capital, but they'd need that to interest a third team to get the 76ers the type of win now lead play maker they covet.

Not great obviously, but unlike the Spurs' expendable pieces, they're at least malleable ones who play in demand positions, so they'd probably have a better chance of attracting another team.

I don't know where you saw that, but by process of elimination . . .

Trail Blazers: Even if amendable to McCollum+, the 76ers aren't because it'd be a conflict of interest to their ultimate end goal of acquiring Lillard.

Kings: If their offer is seriously Hield and Bagley III, they'd have to include an absurd amount of draft capital.

Warriors and Raptors: I never bought either, it's just typical media policy to feel obligated to include their pets with regard to any available or potentially so superstar or star in their quest to will them back into contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are involved for the draft picks and players not named Simmons.
    Last edited by SpursDynasty85; 09-02-2021 at 06:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Spurs are totally interested in Ben Simmons for sure."

Source: the mutants on SpursTalk

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?!? Trading LMA to the Warriors for Wiggins was about getting a draft pick and choking on Wiggins's contract. It was not because anyone thought Wiggins would improve the roster. I certainly wouldn't trade White for him. I like White better and if we are going to trade him, it would be for a plus player, not a net negative player.
    I understand that and we would still be getting the player who would have been picked with that first rd pick. We would get wiseman. The only difference between that trade and this trade (as far as who we get back) is that we would have had to pick wiseman. Min could have picked him them we would have been left with edwards. he we know we get the player we were wanting.

As far as white. I can understand why you would not want to trade him but remember last summer LMA was still start to be a good player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. The only difference between this year and last is that the Spurs would be trading their best player while still not having Aldridge. This deal sucks and there's no way to unsuck it as long as the principle pieces remain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like their playing a game of chess against themselves.

"Golden State is considered the front-runner to land Ben Simmons"

"Actually, Golden State never actually picked up the phone but several voicemails were left"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like their playing a game of chess against themselves.

"Golden State is considered the front-runner to land Ben Simmons"

"Actually, Golden State never actually picked up the phone but several voicemails were left"
    This is how Klutch/the media have been trying to create a market for Simmons. Pretend there is interest by teams that have no interest. This engenders interest by other parties. Only Ben Simmons isn't a player anyone wants other than two of the usual ty franchises.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s still happening…..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah nobody is wanting this diva. Besides me, I like drama. I would prefer to watch the Ben Simmons trainwreck over the Forbes clap his hands in disgust, look down, and shake his head as he jogs back on offense after giving up his 110th layup.

I lowkey feel like GS wants Raymond gone, but are too scared to do it
    Maybe you'll get both...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    L E V E R A G E

Thread Information