Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel much better after seeing RC say they felt he was the best player available and a target of theirs. It means they really believe in Luka, even more so than Little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel much better after seeing RC say they felt he was the best player available and a target of theirs. It means they really believe in Luka, even more so than Little.

They obviously liked luka alot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray
    White

Samanic
    Poeltl

Forbes
    Walker
    Bertans

Keep filling up that mediocre future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he and Murray will get along great!

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think RC was talking about Keldon.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he and Murray will get along great!
    This swag movement will be a good thing.

If the players plan out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OT, but about Hachimura.. So, I would’ve been fine if the spurs grabbed him(though I was hoping they’d grab Little since he’s a true blue 3 with size). But damn.. I think he’s already screwed. I mean, WAS didn’t communicate with him apparently and decided to draft him. Not a good look on the organization imo

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He says in the video that he can switch 1-5. He's not going to switch 1-5 in the NBA.

He talked about the Spurs "workout" including interviews, and the fact that the Spurs care about what you're like off the court. They spent time with him off the court. Of course.

He compared himself to Andrei Kirilenko, when asked. I hate those questions being asked of young, untested guys. But if he wants to go there, he's going to need to put on another 10-12 lbs. of muscle, get a really ed up haircut, marry a very nasty looking Russian woman, and get a bizarre Hannibal Lecter tattoo across his entire back. Oh, and he's going to have to become one of the best weak side shot blockers in the league. Sounds like a plan.
    Basically Spurs can sacrifice all year just to develop his physical strength and power. Play him limited and start next year tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew the Spurs were picking him the minute I saw RC live at his game in Ljubljana for the second time in like 2 months.

He quit on his current team which is playing in the finals of domestic league, to go to draft combine. Quitter at 19, tbh.

As I posted in other threads, he and his agent are adamant he plays in the NBA next season, so I don't know about stashing, how real option is that.
    Otherwise, I've watched him in every game this season since he plays for a team from my hometown and I have mixed feelings about his (currently very, very inconsistent) game.
    4 weeks ago:

Some interesting info about Samanic, concerning his current team.

- he went to draft combine in the middle of Slovenian league playoffs, missing 2nd semifinals game and first finals game
    - he was supposed to be back for game 2 of the finals
    - yesterday was game 2, he wasn't playing and neither was he present at the game
    - apparently, the team doesn't even know if he is still in USA, he is not communicating with them (only via agent) and nedless to say he won't play a game for the team again

I know all this stuff that is happening isn't directly connected to Spurs, but a player acting like that to his current team reminds me a lot about a certain player. Do I want to see a player acting like that at the age of 19 (what else's to come?) on our team? No.
    We've got ourselves another quitter, guys.

Some additional info for those too laz to read his draft profile thread:

Effort plays role for sure. If he has the talent like he is advertised to have, he should be dominating in Slovenian league which is honestly an ass compe ion. But he didn't. He did play a lot better that time when RC and some other scouts were there and had two good games after that as well (which were also the last games before he went to draft combine and never reported back to the team, lol).

He showed some good games in ABA league and FIBA Champions League as well, but it was seen that he is not strong enough to guard or post bigger players.

One thing worth considering about his inconsistency might as well be the fact that his Euro team had three different head coaches this season. For a young player like he is, I assume this might play a role as well.
    ... Which doesn't erase the fact that I have doubts about his character.
    For the record, I actually see him more of a F-PF than a PF-C. He has bulked up since the start of this season, tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another interesting info: the team he played for this year has quite some connections to today's (and yesterday's ) NBA/Spurs players:

- Davis Bertans played here for a while
    - Aron Baynes played here and came to Spurs in the middle of the season
    - Danny Green played here during lockout
    - Rasho Nesterovic, Beno Udrih, Goran Dragic played here
    - Luka Doncic played for their youth selections

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who goes and quotes themselves to make a point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see him being a rotation player, sure, but I didn't like the at ude he was giving off when that came up. Doubt he'd accept an assignment to Austin as well tbh. He seems like he might be a low-key diva like LMA.
    After watching him play whole season in Ljubljana, I got a feeling he might be a diva as well.

I saw it more like his agent was making it clear he wasn't entering the draft just to stay in Europe. Around that time, most mocks had him in the late-first as an obvious stash. I'm happy they were upfront about it. Imagine if the Spurs had drafted him assuming he'd stay over and they had that fight now?
    I'm sure the Spurs knew he wasn't planning on staying in Europe. There were rumours about his agent being adamant he plays in the NBA next season a couple of months ago already. That said, he is still tehnically under contract in Europe, so some amount of money will have to be paid to his current Euro team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Duncan can mentor this guy

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew the Spurs were picking him the minute I saw RC live at his game in Ljubljana for the second time in like 2 months.

4 weeks ago:

We've got ourselves another quitter, guys.

Some additional info for those too laz to read his draft profile thread:

For the record, I actually see him more of a F-PF than a PF-C. He has bulked up since the start of this season, tho.

You've been dead on with info on Samanic. I was pretty damn sure the Spurs were taking him when you said Buford was there a second time. And then he got such rave reviews from the combine. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he loafed through a couple of other workouts because the Spurs had made a promise.

I really didn't like hearing about him leaving his team in the playoffs, and not communicating, though.

For all the good info.

Who goes and quotes themselves to make a point?
    Maybe a guy who's actually got the goods? Tell you what... next time you've actually got the goods, go ahead and quote yourself, and we won't say a word. I'll just stand over here and wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway, the universe moves forward.....

Samanic shall be in the NBA

and so it shall be, hehehehehe

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Delete your ing account. They’re two completely ing different players.
    Yeah, Bertans can actually shoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've been dead on with info on Samanic. I was pretty damn sure the Spurs were taking him when you said Buford was there a second time. And then he got such rave reviews from the combine. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he loafed through a couple of other workouts because the Spurs had made a promise.

I really didn't like hearing about him leaving his team in the playoffs, and not communicating, though.

For all the good info.
    Thanks man!

His Euro stats are available here:
    http://www.kzs.si/incl?id=968&season...yer_id=4946637 (Slovenian league)
    https://www.aba-liga.com/player.php?id=3111 (Aba League)
    http://www.championsleague.basketbal...r/Luka-Samanic (Fiba Champions League - 3rd tier Euro compe ion)

Thread Information