Page 22 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Trump's Supreme Court forced Wisconsin to have their primary today after Wisconsin Republicans wouldn't let the primary be postponed, ing Republican pieces of .

It gets worse.

They did a voter purge that wasn't supposed to take place until 2021, and (surprise) the lege moved it up.

Here is the Republican leader of the assembly, saying "it is incredibly safe to go out"

That is not the Onion. That actually happened.

https://www.soundhealthandlastingwea...otective-gear/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't say I expect tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of American deaths to matter much to GOP voters in November. Certainly less important than the emotional satisfaction of the way our Dear Leader goes at the media.
    That is exactly what I encounter by browsing through the pages of the few conservative people I still have as friends on Facebook. They are really that venal, and icky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are distributors not pharma companies. Their margins are razor thin and they have the transportation infrastructure and expertise to expedite distribution of goods to medical facilities of all stripes. I agree on the resale angle tho...thin or not, profit has no chair at this table.
    The chain should have been nationalized the instant the threat became clear, and the feds should have unified the chain. 50 different en ies all competing with each other chasing supplies is a recipe for disaster.

The inspector general released a report on Monday that found “severe” shortages of testing for the virus as well as a “widespread” lack of personal protective equipment for healthcare workers.

https://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-06-20-00300.pdf

A predictable show that should have begun to be addressed in ing January.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House Adviser Warned of Risks of Pandemic;

Trump Misleads on Testing

Navarro warned in January that a pandemic could imperil the lives of millions of Americans.

A top White House adviser starkly warned Trump administration officials in late January that

the coronavirus crisis could cost the United States trillions of dollars and put millions of Americans at risk of illness or death.

The warning, written in a memo by Peter Navarro, President Trump’s trade adviser, is the highest-level alert known to have circulated inside the West Wing

as the administration was taking its first substantive steps to confront a crisis

that had already consumed China’s leaders and would go on to upend life in Europe and the United States.

“The lack of immune protection or an existing cure or vaccine would leave Americans defenseless in the case of a full-blown coronavirus outbreak on U.S. soil,” Mr. Navarro’s memo said.

“This lack of protection elevates the risk of the coronavirus evolving into a full-blown pandemic, imperiling the lives of millions of Americans.”

Dated Jan. 29,

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/world/coronavirus-live-news-updates.html

Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-07-2020 at 09:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure she is hoping for that. Might even secretly get them infected.

Predictable shortages that should have begun to be addressed in January, not April. The grabasstic scattershot response is going to cause a lot of people to die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House Adviser Warned of Risks of Pandemic;

Trump Misleads on Testing

Navarro warned in January that a pandemic could imperil the lives of millions of Americans.

A top White House adviser starkly warned Trump administration officials in late January that

the coronavirus crisis could cost the United States trillions of dollars and put millions of Americans at risk of illness or death.

The warning, written in a memo by Peter Navarro, President Trump’s trade adviser, is the highest-level alert known to have circulated inside the West Wing

as the administration was taking its first substantive steps to confront a crisis

that had already consumed China’s leaders and would go on to upend life in Europe and the United States.

“The lack of immune protection or an existing cure or vaccine would leave Americans defenseless in the case of a full-blown coronavirus outbreak on U.S. soil,” Mr. Navarro’s memo said.

“This lack of protection elevates the risk of the coronavirus evolving into a full-blown pandemic, imperiling the lives of millions of Americans.”

Dated Jan. 29,

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/world/coronavirus-live-news-updates.html

They all know the reckoning is coming. They are going to all make selective leaks to make themselves look prescient, and dodge the blame. I can hear the knives being sharpened from here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It gets worse.

They did a voter purge that wasn't supposed to take place until 2021, and (surprise) the lege moved it up.

Here is the Republican leader of the assembly, saying "it is incredibly safe to go out"

But nobody said a in' discouragin' word when the Dems went out, not a month ago to put Sanders in a grave. Lined up with nary regard for 6ft spacing.

You've nary room. Nary.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn

never been a more accurate & simple illustration of trumps bungle !

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But nobody said a in' discouragin' word when the Dems went out, not a month ago to put Sanders in a grave. Lined up with nary regard for 6ft spacing.

You've nary room. Nary.
    not true cully

im still pissed at that --

but as sure as the lies that tumble out of trumps sewer - as sure as water is wet -

i will still vote for a traffic cone - if that is what runs against the traitor criminal -

i said plenty about bernie getting ed -

but the bigger evil is still the traitor criminal

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The chain should have been nationalized the instant the threat became clear, and the feds should have unified the chain. 50 different en ies all competing with each other chasing supplies is a recipe for disaster.

The inspector general released a report on Monday that found “severe” shortages of testing for the virus as well as a “widespread” lack of personal protective equipment for healthcare workers.

A predictable show that should have begun to be addressed in ing January.
    Chain? WTF? And lol at snapping your fingers and nationalizing a global wholesale distributor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah.
    Facts don't care about your cheerleading

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really cutting through the red tape here

Abbott announced the nursing home’s use of the drug during a televised update about the state’s reaction to the coronavirus on Monday afternoon. The drug was being used to “determine whether or not it will be a successful treatment for those patients,” Abbott said.

The nursing home began using the treatment Saturday, Armstrong said.

Families of residents were not notified before the drugs were administered, but nursing home operators were in the process of notifying them Monday, Armstrong said.
    https://www.galvnews.com/news/free/a...30a8fc008.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It gets worse.

It wasn't the US supreme court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't the US supreme court.
    it was the elected (paid-for, politicized) SCOMI helping suppress the turnout/vote in favor of Repugs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Federal government is seizing PPE from hospitals, then giving it to third parties to distribute at a markup, to states and cities the White House deems most in need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gula:

"He also declined to reveal how much money the pair had made but said

they were not price gouging.

“We are incredibly sensitive to gouging,” he said."

yep, "sensitive" to doing pandemic price gouging

why so secret about the sources, supposedly in large, profitable quan ies, for items EVERYBODY else cannot obtain?

Been tellin y'all, Capitalism has no allegiance, loyalty, good faith towards family, friends, country, the planet.

Capitalists will hard anybody and anything to amass Capital

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chain? WTF? And lol at snapping your fingers and nationalizing a global wholesale distributor.
    The US military already has the logistical chain. We already had a plan for exactly what needed to happen.

Try "implementing the plan the experts came up with, at the first sign it was needed".

ing :LOL at giving these asshats a pass for anything. They waited to long, and still don't have their together.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Im not giving them a pass () on anything. Im simply suggesting we use the expertise of a pharma wholesaler. I doubt the US military has an effective distribution logistical chain that compares. I have a pretty good grip on this subject having worked in that industry for 12 years. I also administered the VA pharma contracts for several years so I have a decent feel for their possible response.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Data Suggest Lack Of Prep For COVID-19

“In February 2020, the value of U.S. mask exports to China was 1094.0% higher than the 2019 monthly average,” Porter’s report said.

“In February 2020, the value of U.S ventilator exports to China was 292.2% higher than the 2019 monthly average.”

the Commerce Department was touting a temporary change in regulations that facilitated exports of medical supplies to China by American vendors.

a payday for a few companies, and huge costs for the rest of us,”

the value of imports of masks and ventilators decreased significantly in January and February,

Trump Administration failed to prepare for COVID-19 and to protect the health of Americans,”

a 10 percent decline in import values for ventilators and

a 14 percent decrease for N95 masks.

many of the U.S. contracts for medical supplies will not completed until September of October.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/k...+%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox News has declared Trump triumphant over COVID-19, and conservatives believe them

John Whitehouse@existentialfish

Fox News in lockstep tonight: The war against coronavirus is over
    9:08 PM - Apr 7, 2020

================

Acyn Torabi@Acyn

Brit Hume wonders if social distancing/shutdowns made any difference or

if the virus was even that dangerous in the first place

7:29 PM - Apr 7, 2020

================

Laura Ingraham

✔@IngrahamAngle

At some point, the president is going to have to look at Drs. Fauci and Birx and say,

we're opening on May 1.

Give me your best guidance on protocols, but

we cannot deny our people their basic freedoms any longer.

9:13 AM - Apr 8, 2020

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/4/8/1935534/-Fox-News-has-declared-Trump-triumphant-over-COVID-19-and-conservatives-believe-them?detail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a Public Citizen email

a brief literary digression:

• In 1984 — George Orwell’s disturbingly relevant dystopian novel — the all-powerful “Party” manipulates historical records to match whatever it’s telling people in the present.

• The Party reduces chocolate rations. But it says that it is increasing rations. And it “rectifies” historical records to falsely show that rations had been lower before.

• Oceania (one of three superstates, and the setting of the novel) is allied with Eastasia and at war with Eurasia. Then, just like that, they are allied with Eurasia and at war with Eastasia. And historical records are “rectified” accordingly.

Here’s the thing ...

THIS JUST HAPPENED RIGHT HERE IN AMERICA.

Not in a work of fiction.

Not in another country.

Not during some bygone historical era.

And it happened for no better reason than to make Jared Kushner look less imbecilic than he is.

One week ago today, Kushner (in front of working cameras and microphones) uttered an absolutely ridiculous claim that

the Strategic National Stockpile is not meant for exactly what everyone knows it is meant for

— providing essential medical supplies to states and localities in the event of public health emergencies.

By the next afternoon,

someone had
    rectified the description of the stockpile on the federal government’s website so that it would not contradict what Kushner said.

And, to repeat, what Kushner said was indisputably incorrect —

not to mention heartless and inhuman and, quite possibly, deadly.

Orwell was trying to warn us about totalitarianism,

not writing a how-to guide for aspiring Big Brothers (or little sons-in-law)!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s latest target to blame for his coronavirus failures is at least his sixth

But as the Associated Press reports, Trump is a master at throwing blame at everyone else, and

there are at least six en ies he’s cycled through already that he wants Americans to think are responsible.

“First, it was the media that was at fault,” the AP reports.

“Then, Democratic governors came under fire.

China,

President Barack Obama and

federal watchdogs
    have all had a turn in the crosshairs.

And now it’s the World Health Organization that’s to blame.”

Trump has blamed “Democratic governors for alleged mismanagement at the front lines of the crisis.

The media, first for hyping the threat of the virus and then for not giving the administration credit for its response.

Federal inspectors general, believed to be conspiring to make the White House look bad.

The Obama administration, for not adequately preparing.

China, initially absolved of responsibility, then accused of covering up worrisome health data.

And now the WHO, from which Trump has threatened to withhold funding.”

As for his own performance on the coronavirus pandemic,

Trump says “I’d rate it a 10,” Trump said March 16.

“I think we’ve done a great job,” he declared.

“I couldn’t have done it any better.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/tru..._campaign=4184

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supporters turn on Trump for

‘flat-out lying’ about coronavirus:

‘He’s got no idea what the he’s doing’

the breaking point for some of his fans in rural Virginia.

A dozen seafood and agricultural workers in the state’s Northern Neck peninsula ...

expressed frustration to the Insider website over the president’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak.

“A few weeks ago I could ignore the parts of his personality I didn’t like,”

“That’s over. I don’t believe anything he’s saying now.”

asked to remain anonymous out of fear of backlash, Freedom, 1st Amendment!
    “He’s got no idea what the he’s doing, and

I think he’s flat-out lying to everyone about how bad it really is, and

how bad it’s going to get,”

he said the president can’t necessarily count on his 2016 voters to stick with him.

“He thinks we’re all stupid and will show up for him no matter what,” he said.

“At this point, I can’t imagine bringing myself to do that.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/sup..._campaign=4184

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘American shame’:

Doctors spit fire at Trump’s ‘sinful incompetence’ on COVID-19 pandemic

a dozen different doctors from across the United States, and

they all said that the federal government had failed to act in a timely manner to contain the COVID-19 pandemic.

“The American public doesn’t know that a large portion of this catastrophe was preventable, if not for the sinful incompetence of our leaders,” he said.

“It didn’t have to be like this.”

“This is all being mismanaged, and we’re being put at risk unnecessarily,” he said.

“We had ample time to prepare. It didn’t have to be like this.”

said that Trump was to blame for constantly downplaying concerns about the virus and

for not even mobilizing resources behind the scenes despite having ample warning about the danger the virus posed.

“There’s still no real leadership,” he said.

“On a national scale, who on earth is in charge of handling this pandemic?

I’m flummoxed.”

“I alternate between anxiety attacks and rage over this …

everything is shrouded in secrecy,”

“It’s an American shame.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/ame...8460&list_id=1

Thread Information