Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a perfect world you bench Derozan, but he’d melt down if that happened and pop is to much of a pussy to do that
    yeah, you max guys out like that.. I fear it's coming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who?? With the way he is being treated you would think he was a late second rounder if not a walk on... I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Chomag; 04-22-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably don’t wanna piss off DDR by benching him in the hopes he’ll do a sign and trade in the summer, I guess...can’t wait to see that dude get off the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably don’t wanna piss off DDR by benching him in the hopes he’ll do a sign and trade in the summer, I guess...can’t wait to see that dude get off the team.

If thats the case this team is ed,and you arent getting in a sign&trade for destar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop dgaf about rookies. He only played Kawhi bc we had the big 3. The dude is scared out of his mind to play any youth. This treatment made a little bit of sense when they were down in Austin getting reps. This year though it makes zero sense not to be playing your rookie when you are the 10th ing seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop dgaf about rookies. He only played Kawhi bc we had the big 3. The dude is scared out of his mind to play any youth. This treatment made a little bit of sense when they were down in Austin getting reps. This year though it makes zero sense not to be playing your rookie when you are the 10th ing seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, play Vassel and bench who? DeMar, Lonnie, Derrick, Keldon, DJ?
    read my post again and maybe you will find the answer smartie

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be noted that Pop didn't even start Kawhi at first in 2012. Gary Neal and Richard Jefferson started ahead of him that season. By the end of the year, those two were replaced by Danny Green and Kawhi in the starting lineup. I miss that Pop - the guy that rewarded good defenders with starting positions. Senile Pop let Bryn Forbes start for two whole seasons because he's a "hard worker" and "culture"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    read my post again and maybe you will find the answer smartie
    Rudy? They don't play the same position; good grief.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flopovich doesn't recognize it, but this starting line up doesn't work. They need at least another 3-point shooter out there (besides White). Bench Keldon and play Vassell or Walker (I'd prefer Vassell).
    What is your criteria for it not working. 11.7 net rating the last 15 games and 7.5 for the season. It is actually the same as the bubble lineup at 118 ORTG 110 DRTG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is your criteria for it not working. 11.7 net rating the last 15 games and 7.5 for the season. It is actually the same as the bubble lineup at 118 ORTG 110 DRTG.
    My criteria for it not working is that the spacing is awful and teams can go zone without getting punished cause we don't have enough shooters on the floor. I don't care about the rating, once teams went zone consistently this team had a 4-12 record. They just now are starting to come back from that and most of their wins were against tanking teams.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay looks like he's struggling to walk at times and Mills looks literally drugged with zero energy as of late. Vassell/Luka bring speed and defensive energy, which we really need and is a really underrated skill. We can only hope Pop rests Mills/Gay every other game so they get some real minutes. Walker has been really disappointing especially on the defensive end. He should be a lot better especially with his elite athleticism.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My criteria for it not working is that the spacing is awful and teams can go zone without getting punished cause we don't have enough shooters on the floor. I don't care about the rating, once teams went zone consistently this team had a 4-12 record. They just now are starting to come back from that and most of their wins were against tanking teams.
    Assuming you started the thread after the lost to MIA, I would not change the lineup because it failed against MIA zone, even contenders with more shooting has problems with it. And we are not the only ones playing against tanking teams. The starting unit is outscoring teams by 4.7 the last 15 games good for 3rd in the NBA. The bench is outscored by 3.1 26th. And the most important zone breaker is a tall high post player with threat to score, Rudy had the most success with it in the MIA game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is going to be interesting to see which of DJ, White, Lonnie, Vasell and Jones ends up the long term starters, which ends up a key bench guy, and which is inevitiably traded or allowed to leave.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is going to be interesting to see which of DJ, White, Lonnie, Vasell and Jones ends up the long term starters, which ends up a key bench guy, and which is inevitiably traded or allowed to leave.

Starters: Murray, Poeltl, Johnson, either White or Vassell. This spot depends on Johnson's development as an on ball creator or lack thereof. If it's significant, starting Vassell makes more sense. If not, they can't afford to.

Key bench players: Either Vassell or White.

Back end rotation players: Jones, Eubanks.

Traded or allowed to leave: Walker IV, Samanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, there's a universe that exists where Lonnie never gets "it" so I could see him being a casualty.

Dejounte seems like a ticking time bomb with what he usually posts on social media.

So those two I could see as the odd men out.

Tre could probably work his way to be a starter alongside White.

Luka, I have a sneaky su ion will be our starting four next season.

Vassell is one of the best, if not the best, catch and shoot players. It's possible he's our best shooter for the next decade.

White's personality embodies Spurs' culture.

Keldon seems loyal, probably a Spur for life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to agree with ya Vassell is taking someone minutes next year and he should be starting next season- It will be an interesting off season I think or I hope that the Spurs can do a sign and trade with Derozz that will get us a draft pick - I also think we could draft another PG/SG depending where we draft so the possibility of Walker being included in that trade could be pretty high

PG - White/Murray
    SG - Vassell
    SF - Keldon
    PF - Luka
    C - Poodle

PG - Murray/White
    SG - Draft Pick/Walker
    SF - KBD
    PF - Eubanks
    C - Dieng

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like . . .

Starters: Markkanen, Johnson, Poeltl, White, Murray.

Bench: Mills/Forbes, Vassell, Eubanks, Walker IV, Samanic, Dieng, Jones.

Jones competes with Walker IV for minutes, Dieng with Eubanks and TBD with Samanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Da fuk Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell will eventually start. Hopefully by the end of next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like . . .

Starters: Markkanen, Johnson, Poeltl, White, Murray.

Bench: Mills/Forbes, Vassell, Eubanks, Walker IV, Samanic, Dieng, Jones.

Jones competes with Walker IV for minutes, Dieng with Eubanks and TBD with Samanic.
    Spurs will have nearly 50mil in cap space if DDR/Gay/DDR gone. What are you doing with that cap space?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will have nearly 50mil in cap space if DDR/Gay/DDR gone. What are you doing with that cap space?
    Paying a guy who can't get minutes in Chicago ��
    Who is Jones though?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it a mirage tonite...

or did i see vassell play for about 5 seconds and then bertans hit a three and pop pulls vassell

patty and gay get torched repeatedly and miss defensive assignments all ing nite tho’

pop

just got lucky that wizards are undisciplined

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it a mirage tonite...

or did i see vassell play for about 5 seconds and then bertans hit a three and pop pulls vassell

patty and gay get torched repeatedly and miss defensive assignments all ing nite tho’

pop

just got lucky that wizards are undisciplined
    Yep, according to the official Box Score, Vassell got 28 seconds tonight.

meanwhile, Haliburton is popping off and killing the Mavs. And people still wonder why no young player wants to come play for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, play Vassel and bench who? DeMar, Lonnie, Derrick, Keldon, DJ?
    Nobody. Play a normal 10 men rotation. Murray, White, DD, Keldon, Jak -- Mills, Lonnie, Vassell, Gay, Drew/Dieng.

The kid puts up the work, improves, gets a career night, and his reward is falling out of the rotation. It just doesn't make sense any way you look at it. Pop's shtick with rookies is getting pretty old, tbh. Vassell has everything the Spurs need: length on the wings, good man and team defense, and, more importantly, volume 3pt shooting. The kid should be starting, let alone getting DNP's.

Thread Information