Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow it all seems perfectly fitting that the same guy who questioned whether the earth was really round a few years ago (and then chastised the press for talking about it) is now the self appointed spokesperson for the unvaccinated.
    the dumbest thing is that supposedly it's not because he's anti-vax but because he is making a statement for the "voiceless" who are losing their jobs for not getting vaccinated

tbh i dont really think the crowd that is vehemently anti-vax wants someone like Kyrie speaking for them to begin with

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    scratch that one

LMAO this got is an antivaxx ?

Yeah that trade value keeps getting better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think that there could be a Simmons for Kylie deal at some point? Would get both teams what they are looking for, 76 get a star player and nets get a player that is vaccinated and can play.
    Supposedly, Kyrie said he’d retire if they trade him. It does seem like an even trade of malcontents, though, doesn’t it?

Edit: scratch that. Ben couldn’t play in BKN, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sixers front office doesn't appear to be moved by the prospect of landing Dejounte Murray and Lonnie Walker IV from San Antonio.

- Fischer, BR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sixers front office doesn't appear to be moved by the prospect of landing Dejounte Murray and Lonnie Walker IV from San Antonio.

- Fischer, BR
    Figured that was why we didn't see those 2 in the HEB commercial preview. They are on the block for possible trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly, Kyrie said he’d retire if they trade him. It does seem like an even trade of malcontents, though, doesn’t it?

Edit: scratch that. Ben couldn’t play in BKN, either.
    Maybe he would get vaccinated to escape the situation he is in, who knows though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"No team has come close to the asking price set by Daryl Morey and the 76ers as they seek a star on the level of Damian Lillard or Bradley Beal."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, those are going to be some awkward practice sessions in Philly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Fischer, BR
    Shocker! They suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Fischer, BR
    Presumably the Spurs made an offer centering around those two. That's the core of what I would be willing to give up: Murray/Walker/Young/1st, maybe add one pick swap and salary ballast as necessary.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"No team has come close to the asking price set by Daryl Morey and the 76ers as they seek a star on the level of Damian Lillard or Bradley Beal."
    btw the Spurs are one of the 9 teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Murray, Lonnie, Thad young, plus a first is the spurs offer. Honestly if we don’t have to give up any of Keldon, Primo, or Vassell I might up the offer as long as those guys aren’t involved

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange that the Spurs would cut Luka so early when they could have waited a few days to see if a trade goes through. We would actually need to fill some roster spots if by some (perhaps unwanted) miracle a Simmons trade does go through.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Murray, Lonnie, Thad young, plus a first is the spurs offer. Honestly if we don’t have to give up any of Keldon, Primo, or Vassell I might up the offer as long as those guys aren’t involved
    NO... am I parting with Murray to overpay for Simmons. I'd give them Walker, Thad, and a first. Murray is a bonafide Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange that the Spurs would cut Luka so early when they could have waited a few days to see if a trade goes through. We would actually need to fill some roster spots if by some (perhaps unwanted) miracle a Simmons trade does go through.
    Luka has been roster filler for two years. Waiting past 31 October obligates them for another $4M for next year. Surely they can fill a roster spot with a different scrub cheaper than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Fischer, BR
    Can't blame them tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

it wouldn't be strange if the spurs already knew that the simmons ship has already sailed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't mean anything. Your point was that Simmons being the 19th-highest-paid player is too much for a second option. I'm assuming you mean second option on a contender, since he'd the the best player on this team any many others. The issue is that contenders have multiple players making more than Ben and if they don't it's only because their guys are on rookie deals or maxes that keep their salary lower than Simmons. Like for Utah, both of their best players are going to be on huge maxes. Their deals just happen to not be bigger than Simmons' this season. Denver signed Jokic earlier, and Murray signed the same contract but didn't meet the requires ... because he's not as good as Simmons. If the Spurs draft some superstar and also trade for Simmons or get Simmons and bring in some guy making more money or whatever, it wouldn't be a big deal for Ben to be on his contract. You can't moneyball in the NBA. It doesn't work. You pay out the nose and you gun for it when you can. Ultimately, even a marginal increase is worth a ton of money in a league with a soft cap and max contracts.
    You are correct I did mean on contenders. I also dont think he would be the best player on this team but we vastly disagree one how good he is. I also dont see teams with several players on this list that have not made it to conference finals. Most that have 2 have even made it to the conference finals. First team I see that has 2 that has not done much would be timber wolves and they have a year together. Druss was also considered overpaid when he signed his contract.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also dont think he would be the best player on this team
    who on the spurs is better than b simmons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea sixers arent dealing simmons for a package around dejounte. Regardless of what we feel ben's value is morey isnt dumping him for our peanuts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white should be part of the offer, one to make it plausible and two because his feet are a time bomb.

simmons wouldnt really improve the teams outlook that much but i'd rather pay him the max the next 4 years than have even more money tied up in murray and white even if he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white should be part of the offer, one to make it plausible and two because his feet are a time bomb.

simmons wouldnt really improve the teams outlook that much but i'd rather pay him the max the next 4 years than have even more money tied up in murray and white even if he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed...
    I've been saying his ankles are like jello since 2017-2018 season due to his walk. I love his compe iveness, but his wheels are most definitely prone to going flat. And they absolutely will at some point over the next yr or two and cost him substantial missed PT.

From that perspective alone, I ship him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His ankles are a time bomb, but he needs to be included to make the offer credible…

Do some of you even read your posts before hitting the post button?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets open to significant offers for Kyrie Irving? ��
    ShamsCharania: "I think rival teams right now feel that Brooklyn is at least open to hearing any types of significant offers. I think everything’s on the table at this point."

(via The Glue Guy Podcast on Spotify)

Thread Information