Page 334 of 491 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly what didn't happen. Kawhi went to 8 doctors. The first 7 told him the same thing the Spurs told him. Then he went to the Sixers doctor who gave him the diagnosis he wanted. Y'all gotta stop listening to ESPN
    Did he really go to 8 doctors? Are you confident of this? Didn't the Spurs have another expert doctor review the Spurs doctors evaluation who concurred with the Spurs doctors? Then under the CBA terms Kawhi saw some league doctors in NY, who also concurred with the Spur doctor's eval. So how many doctors did Kawhi see on his own? I do recall one national writer saying Kawhi went doctor shopping.
    Last edited by Twisted_Dawg; 06-11-2019 at 02:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What kind of got are you? a Kawhi/Warriorrs fan? Fine. go suck that elsewhere..

I'm not sure what the are you doing here.. Seriously, what is the in' purpose of your posts upstairs if you are not Spurs fan? You are not even a good troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just refreshing some peoples memories tbh. People here seem to forget what really happened now that they watch Kawhi in the finals. I still can't understand how any Spurs fan can root for this cancer. KD went on the court and tore his achilles for his team, this guy was in the locker room telling his teammates that he "doesn't feel like playing with them".

More like rooting to take down Dubs, level down the compe ion and give our guys a fighting chance. Preventing them to even with Timmy’s 5 rings, Manu/TP’s 4. Shutting the smugness on Curry/Thompson/Green/KD’s faces. There’s a lot of reasons. Or even the narrative if Kawhi didn’t get hurt so and so. Karma to the same team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max Kellerman just spun last year as Spurs tried to force Kawhi to play, and he didn't buckle to the pressure and said "trade me." That is wrong on soooo many levels.

Now, the Durant injury is being propped up as a cautionary tale while what Kawhi did last year is now through revisionist history a good thing.

Ugh.

I may have to give up the NBA
    I'm with you, Bill. I've pretty much semi-given up on it. FWIW, overall quality of life is much better when you don't care too much about a sports team and athletes that don't give a about you/fanbase tbh.....

League is also just pretty gy in general nowadays from a lot of different angles.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you, Bill. I've pretty much semi-given up on it. FWIW, overall quality of life is much better when you don't care too much about a sports team and athletes that don't give a about you/fanbase tbh.....

League is also just pretty gy in general nowadays from a lot of different angles.....
    Kawhi/Raps (Canada market) could be the new darling of the NBA and would try to build his image. On the other hand, NBA cohersed NO to play AD and almost got injured. But I guess rectified with giving them Zion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA is one giant meme now. I stopped caring when Tim retired. It doesn’t feel the same cheering for young millennials.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called it in the NBA forum last night after the game. I said that is exactly what they will start saying about Kawhis injury last year.
    You were right.

People are just waiting for anything to be able to say something negative about the spurs. Even if it’s false information
    Yep. 20 years of playoffs and people are finally getting their chance.

You're right bro. It's an en led player, three point shooting contest. Zzzzz...... I live in Europe and often stay up or get up to watch these games live. Kills my productivity and probably hurts my health. May need to kick this habit. Silver may be a nicer guy than Stern, but his reign has produced a crappier product.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA is one giant meme now. I stopped caring when Tim retired. It doesn’t feel the same cheering for young millennials.
    Yup, even the on-court product isn't that appealing to me anymore. Maybe it's me pulling my old man shakes fist at cloud schtick but the superteam era, stars quitting on their teams, the social media aspect, etc. has turned me off from diehard status.

You're right bro. It's an en led player, three point shooting contest. Zzzzz...... I live in Europe and often stay up or get up to watch these games live. Kills my productivity and probably hurts my health. May need to kick this habit. Silver may be a nicer guy than Stern, but his reign has produced a crappier product.
    Do it, my man. Guarantee you won't be missing out on much and your general happiness will improve (not saying it needs improving) because it did for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite part from the entire Nephew debacle was the ESPN narrative that the Spurs were forcing him to play when Pop/FO basically asked to shut him down for the year. And the dummy and his re ed ing Uncle kept saying he'd come back to the point where he had to hide in supply closets in NYC....

The organization that literally invented Load Management and build that to what he was "rushing him back"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah pretty convenient narrative when Pop was the coach known for resting players to begin with and getting fined by David Stern yet their philosophy suddenly changed for the narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he really go to 8 doctors? Are you confident of this? Didn't the Spurs have another expert doctor review the Spurs doctors evaluation who concurred with the Spurs doctors? Then under the CBA terms Kawhi saw some league doctors in NY, who also concurred with the Spur doctor's eval. So how many doctors did Kawhi see on his own? I do recall one national writer saying Kawhi went doctor shopping.
    the lack of knowledge in this sub is disturbing. Do you get your info from ESPN? 8 doctors is confirmed. You want me to give you another one?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

your trolling doesn't work esé, 11th seed, missing the playoffs with LeBron, Magic throwing your franchise under the bus. Lakers are the laughing stock of the league. And Beadle was 100% right

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At S bag pissing away the storybook ending with the Bryant-esque, contested, long 2 fade away, with ample time on the clock, during the possession that would have essentially put them away. Hero balling it because he thought it was in the bag and wanted to pad his all important point total.

At Nurse with the inexplicable timeout and all his (and the Raptors) legion of ass kissers in the media desperately trying to make excuses.

At the angry mob mentality, jumping to conclusions with Durant and looking for someone(s) to blame with little information as to how this transpired.

At anyone pretending S bag is vindicated. That can't happen, because nothing excuses or justifies his behavior. His behavior always should have been the main point of contention, not whether he was injured or wanted out.

yeah he was obviously lucky that the majority of their star players got injured and play hobbled. Steph wasn't right in game 2 either. That doesn't change that he's destroying the biggest super team ever formed though. And if Kawhi goes to another loser franchise like the Knicks or Clippers and wins a championship there as well, he might just become one of the most beloved players in the history of basketball
    You're missing the point. The Warriors aren't that team at the moment. This is a broken down version of that team. It would be like saying the '15-'17 Spurs were the same as the '12-'14 Spurs because the core players were the same. Or the '14 Heat were the same as the '12-'13 Heat, etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    your trolling doesn't work esé, 11th seed, missing the playoffs with LeBron, Magic throwing your franchise under the bus. Lakers are the laughing stock of the league. And Beadle was 100% right

Lakers will be back. LaVar said so himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok so I'm hearing a few things about the Kawhi Drama from 2 seasons ago:

Rumor is Uncle Dennis had told shoe companies prior to the trade that Kawhi will be in LA and thus turned down the extension with Jordan? And it would make perfect sense why Nate Robinson went on ESPN and said he heard "a bag" was coming. Apparently Dennis communicated with Magic and Pelinka to find a way to get Nephew to the Lakers, saying Spurs don't know what he got planned

Apparently Uncle Dennis requested a front office position from the Spurs (I know that's common knowledge among Spurs fans) for an entire year so they can RETAIN KAWHI and wanted to have a seperate area on team flights for himself and Nephew. The Spurs declined and it seems that they didn't do so in a nice, respectful manner. So maybe that's where the "disrespect" happened. Not towards Kawhi, but towards Uncle Dennis who's the one pulling the strings here anyway. Dennis tried to strong arm the Spurs and when they didn't give in, that caused the rift. By the way Kyrie's uncle is also looking for an FO position and Dennis and him are buddies

I'm also hearing Kawhi's camp didn't tell the Spurs he wanted to go to LA for an entire year and only told Pop at the meeting they had after the season.
    It's Kyrie's dad, but I also heard he and Uncle Fester are close...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end, team doctors are what they are, team employees. They have a dog in the fight. That's why Kawhi sought a third party doctor because what he felt didn't match with what the Spurs doctors were saying. Durant's reinjury just proved what we knew all along, that Kawhi wasn't healthy and needed to rest and heal. KD rushed back, didn't seek outside medical opinion and suc bed to peer/management pressure. Now he's paying for it.
    It proves no such thing, and isn't even related. Also, Kawhi didn't seek A third party doctor. He and The Group went through NINE of them before they got one that told them what they wanted. What KD's injury DID prove is that he's a man, and Kawhi is a little . That was only re-enforced by him passing the ball with the game on the line. made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where is Kobe ?

He's on the poster for players who have taken 700 SHOTS in a single post season....all alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lakers will be back. LaVar said so himself
    Yeah, and he thought the shoes would sell, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It proves no such thing, and isn't even related. Also, Kawhi didn't seek A third party doctor. He and The Group went through NINE of them before they got one that told them what they wanted. What KD's injury DID prove is that he's a man, and Kawhi is a little . That was only re-enforced by him passing the ball with the game on the line. made.
    This says it all. Well done bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ing idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also did Nike give him the old logo back already? He wore it for the postgame presser. This mother er just keeps winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At S bag pissing away the storybook ending with the Bryant-esque, contested, long 2 fade away, with ample time on the clock, during the possession that would have essentially put them away. Hero balling it because he thought it was in the bag and wanted to pad his all important point total.

At Nurse with the inexplicable timeout and all his (and the Raptors) legion of ass kissers in the media desperately trying to make excuses.

At the angry mob mentality, jumping to conclusions with Durant and looking for someone(s) to blame with little information as to how this transpired.

At anyone pretending S bag is vindicated. That can't happen, because nothing excuses or justifies his behavior. His behavior always should have been the main point of contention, not whether he was injured or wanted out.

You're missing the point. The Warriors aren't that team at the moment. This is a broken down version of that team. It would be like saying the '15-'17 Spurs were the same as the '12-'14 Spurs because the core players were the same. Or the '14 Heat were the same as the '12-'13 Heat, etc.
    Word

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also did Nike give him the old logo back already? He wore it for the postgame presser. This mother er just keeps winning.

Nike won't care if he's just wearing it himself. What they'd care about is if he tries to profit off of it, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nike won't care if he's just wearing it himself. What they'd care about is if he tries to profit off of it, tbh.
    This is the first time I've seen him wear it as a Raptor though. Even throughout the playoffs he'd just been wearing New Balance gear.

Thread Information