Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having prosperity to show for a great term, such a soothing idea.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chuck Grassley hasn't always been a piece of the way he is now, he had to earn Iowa's trust first before getting a rubber stamp every 6 years.
    Iowa is red. And if you're going to beat the person with the R next to the name, you're going to need something more than a stunt.
    Democrats never learn that nominating corrupt individuals does not flip states. But they don't want to learn. They want theirs is all.
    Maybe I'm wrong and this stunt will actually work; but I doubt it. Iowans are like everyone else. They're voting for the balance of the Senate and not just for the person they may happen to like more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won Iowa in 2016, then Democrats won 3 of Iowa’s 4 house seats in 2018 and the governor race was a razor thin margin. Prior to 2016 Obama won Iowa comfortable margins both times, Gore also won it in 2000. It’s not the ruby red state it looked like in 2016. One of the reasons Ernst is in trouble is because she took the political landscape in Iowa for granted and thought she could get away with being a Koch Brothers pros ute who ignores her home state. Iowa isn’t red enough for that.

Farm bankruptcies in Iowa are also through the roof since Trump implemented tariffs, the reddest part of Iowa is getting slammed with a COVID outbreak right now, and the federal derecho response has been abysmal. The only thing Trump has given Iowans is farm subsidies to make up for the tariffs, but most farmers would rather own a self sustaining farm that pays for itself rather than rely on subsidies that could be cut off at any moment.
    Good points.

Move IA to the blue column then. with you on ohio going red as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iowa is red. And if you're going to beat the person with the R next to the name, you're going to need something more than a stunt.
    Democrats never learn that nominating corrupt individuals does not flip states. But they don't want to learn. They want theirs is all.
    Maybe I'm wrong and this stunt will actually work; but I doubt it. Iowans are like everyone else. They're voting for the balance of the Senate and not just for the person they may happen to like more.
    You haven't ponied up a ing map yet, chicken .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a great look. But her opponent has serious corruption baggage. Voting for a corrupt person just because she knows the price of beans on a given day is not what you think it is. You think Iowans are just yokels whose lives hinge on that. Reality check: Senators don't spend their time on Capitol Hill discussing corn prices. The lobbies will write anything for whatever pork as well anyways.
    i grew up in Iowa. I know what iowans are. And yes, ag State representatives do stay abreast of those prices. It is what effects their cons uents.

You’re really stupid. It cannot be emphasized enough how stupid you are.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm wrong and this stunt will actually work; but I doubt it.
    aaand there's the qualifier because Derp doesn't want to commit to a prediction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    moderate-low confidence, esp ohio.

DeSantis' ups on COVID response will cost Trump FL in the end.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok mongoloid, tell us all what greenfield did that has you asserting her corruption

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    moderate-low confidence, esp ohio.

DeSantis' ups on COVID response will cost Trump FL in the end.
    You have Nevada, Michigan etc as lean dem but Georgia as likely? How is that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clicked on it one too many times, didnt feel like fixing it. Blue is blue for the electroral count.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    New NYT/Sienna poll has Biden +3 in Iowa but Ernst +1. Seems strange, very first poll I've seen where Greenfield is polling behind Biden, and first poll in months where Greenfield is trailing at all.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aaand there's the qualifier because Derp doesn't want to commit to a prediction
    I predict Ernst wins handily. Savvy?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clicked on it one too many times, didnt feel like fixing it. Blue is blue for the electroral count.
    Georgia is definitely some sort of red shade. But even looking at it through a chumpette filter, having it any better than toss-up is silly.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 10-21-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New NYT/Sienna poll has Biden +3 in Iowa but Ernst +1. Seems strange, very first poll I've seen where Greenfield is polling behind Biden, and first poll in months where Greenfield is trailing at all.
    I saw a similar one where Biden was outpolling Cunningham by about 2 points.

Dont remember which pollster. Strange things.

The only explanation I have is the supposed tightening we were supposed to see at the presidential level which we haven't seen is happening at the senate level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No disrespect toward your ambition though.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No disrespect toward your ambition though.
    You know that the polls are trash.
    You know that momentum is with Trump.
    You know that the COVID gambit is not working out.
    You know that Trump is likely to build on 2016 and not slip against the weakest candidate in history.
    You know any number of things not to your liking.
    You're only making it hurt more later by being in such denial.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Pushing for the shutdown of college campuses could come back to bite Dems in the ass.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pushing for the shutdown of college campuses could come back to bite Dems in the ass.
    Morons didn't think that one through probably.
    But wrecking the economy and pretending it was Trump's fault was their only play short of losing with honor.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Michigan just got that much redder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.investors.com/news/biden...idential-poll/

National down 2 and 3 now in Rasmussen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

OOF

Then its a good thing the boomers are turning out in record number for Biden then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    democrats have strayed. Cute

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    democrats have strayed. Cute

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, "news".

I done said they have to pretend Biden losing ground as election day approaches.

R Submission / D Excitement polls.

Conservatives not going to be faked out any more though. They're heading strong to the polls for a candidate they care about.

Thread Information