San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ fixed your typo
    Lol. You may be right.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can see why spurs wouldnt change their strategy — in terms of getting to doublecheck to see if it was the strategy that was the problem ... or if grizz just shot the lights out/were on fire/had an exceptionally good bench game ... and the spurs being off ... or if grizz are simply better than mermaids

if im pop im tempted to run it back and see what happens

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon just played 20min, he is one of the reason we are winning, he need +30min.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon just played 20min, he is one of the reason we are winning, he need +30min.
    Keldon and Vassell should have gotten those minutes in the 4th quarter that Lyles and Mills got. We needed defense and Mills wasn't really on, so I didn't think he needed to be in there in the 4th quarter over KJ, and all the minutes Lyles got, why didn't Vassell play those instead? What did Lyles do to earn those minutes over Vassell?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Gregg Popovich is at it again, adapting his system to better fit the talents of his young, energetic roster."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we ing stop doubling the post. We are leaving shooters WIDE open on the perimeter. JFC

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we ing stop doubling the post. We are leaving shooters WIDE open on the perimeter. JFC

We seem to have awful perimeter defense in that in seems like teams are raining 3s on us all year. Perhaps that's just the nature of the NBA, but for a team that is stocked with defensive wing/guards, I can't figure it out, though I haven't really looked into it either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy crap! Since they traded Harden Houston has the No 1 Defensive Rating in the league.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy crap! Since they traded Harden Houston has the No 1 Defensive Rating in the league.
    Effort is a of a thing. Obviously not enough by itself, but I can see why the Rockets have been desperate to prove the "Rockets were only good cause they had Harden" crowd wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a 10-man rotation is fine, Pop just needs to fix the starting lineup. I don't know how many times you can watch the team start off sluggish and not make a change

White - Murray - DeRozan - Johnson - Aldridge
    Mills - Walker - Vassell - Gay - Poeltl

SL benefits from having another defender and playmaker, and Walker can go up against opposing benches and work off of Poeltl's screens with Mills and Gay stretching the floor.
    I think we'll see exactly that happen. White is much more capable as a distributor and defender than Walker. Walker can thrive in the second unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Side note...Aldridge is putting up his worst numbers since his rookie year, and his worst rebounding numbers ever.

I figured it would take him 10-15 games to kick off the rust, but I think he's fully cooked, as in stick a fork in him and take him off the grill. The Spurs will need to look for some length to replace Aldridge. It would be nice if that could happen before the playoffs, but it might be a post season move.

As the young guys continue to look better and better, it's our vets that seem to disappoint more often than not when there's a loss. DDR was responsible last game and played like complete garbage, but LMA isn't doing anything great any night. Memphis had no bigs out there...Aldridge should have dominated the paint. His lack of mobility is killing the Spurs defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Gregg Popovich is at it again, adapting his system to better fit the talents of his young, energetic roster."
    what a joke

Thread Information