Page 118 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4270
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they have cap space to get DeRozan?
    If they send back Wiggins then yes they do... moving Wiseman and #7 would also save them an enormous amount in luxury tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they have cap space to get DeRozan?
    I believe they would if they packaged Wiggins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

another team that wants Duarte.

he is not lasting past the 15th pick, IMO. Wizards are another team going all-international like the Thunder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden State is way too smart and aware of analytics to have any interest in DeRozan. Complete pipe dream.
    I agree on principle, but he offers them a suitable ball handler and game manager when the splash brothers sit. He also has never played with two shooters as gifted as Klay and Steph. That type of shooting would really open up the middle and allow a pure scorer like DDR to feast. In the end though I have to agree that his lack of production on the defensive end could tank any talks.

But let's consider this, the Lakers and GS have had to deal with the reality that their championship window is closing and recent injuries have highlighted that. Both teams should be in the highest level of win now basketball. Both of them, however, are also hard capped and will require a S&T to get a win now player. So who do we know has been discussed as a potential trade partner? Beal of course is always in the discussion but I think it's time we accept that he is never going to be traded. Portland just passed on Becky to get a coach to keep Dame happy which means he probably isn't going anywhere. Pascal could be a good option for GS if they package Wiseman, 7 and salary matching, but that's assuming that they want to blow it up and how confident are they in Wiseman and their ability to draft another Pascal with 7.

Realistically, short of the Zion's family being unhappy rumors there aren't a ton of disgruntled stars that look like their on the move this off season. Which is good for us because if just one of the two aforementioned teams decided to make a run at DDR we could end up getting something back for him.

I'm partial to the Wiseman, Wiggins, 7 package over the Kuzma, Harrell, 22 package plus I think he fits better with the shooters in GS, but I'm really good with either. Best case scenario they both want him and a bidding war drives up his value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, the Raptors would do that trade with GS 10/10. They have nothing to lose by gambling on Wiseman’s potential and who wouldn’t love another top 10 pick? Pascal is disgruntled and has been placed under disciplinary action with the Raptors. It’s the perfect trade for both sides.

Meanwhile, Spurs fans are fantasizing about a trade where it clearly rips off the other team and I bet you the first time Warriors’ fans heard about this trade they spit their drinks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have to go all in for the player with the highest upside. Yak needs a second star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"In addition to Atkinson, the Warriors are also hiring Dejan Milojević and Jama Mahlalela, sources told The Athletic.

Mahlalela has been an important behind-the-scenes part of the Raptors developmental staff for the past decade. Along with Milojević, who specializes in training big men, Mahlalela will play a key role in the Warriors’ revamped developmental plan."

Either this is another hint that the Wiseman trade rumor has no legs or they're planning to draft another big in the draft. I'm going to vote on the former.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they send back Wiggins then yes they do... moving Wiseman and #7 would also save them an enormous amount in luxury tax.
    I believe they would if they packaged Wiggins.
    Not even close to having cap space even if they move Wiggins and Wiseman.

Steph, Klay and Draymond take up all of their cap - almost 110 mil between the three of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you could get both of GS’ first rd picks. DDR/White/Poetl/Walker for Wiggins/wiseman/#7/#14. Doubt it happens because the spurs don’t like doing trades but this would help GS’ win now agenda and jumpstart the spurs rebuild. Not sure who we’d pick at 7, 12 and 14 in this scenario though…lots of options

maybe Wagner (7), Giddey (12) and Duarte (14)
    or
    Keon (7), Mitc (12) and Kispert (14)
    or
    Sengun (7), Moody (12) and Springer (14)
    Last edited by Prime BEEF; 07-10-2021 at 09:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you could get both of GS’ first rd picks. DDR/White/Poetl/Walker for Wiggins/wiseman/#7/#14. Doubt it happens because the spurs don’t like doing trades but this would help GS’ win now agenda and jumpstart the spurs rebuild. Not sure who we’d pick at 7, 12 and 14 in this scenario though…lots of options

maybe Wagner (7), Giddy (12) and Duarte (14)
    or
    Keon (7), Mitc (12) and Kispert (14)
    or
    Sengun (7), Moody (12) and Springer (14)
    unless DDR is taking a hefty pay cut and Waker is traded, I don’t think they could do that financially next year and probably not this year either if DDR makes anywhere near $25M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe it's the headband, but I'm getting Paul Reed vibes from this guy.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-10-2021 at 09:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have to go all in for the player with the highest upside. Yak needs a second star.

Funny I think Jak has the best trade value and coupled with one of our young guards would get us a lottery or boarder line all star in a trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even close to having cap space even if they move Wiggins and Wiseman.

Steph, Klay and Draymond take up all of their cap - almost 110 mil between the three of them.
    The question wasn't about having cap space after the trade or cap space if they moved Wiggins into space...I took it as can they take DDR on a S&T for Wiggins and Wiseman...and they can...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On DDR sign and trade after draft...

1) Since tampering doesn't happen in the NBA, the Spurs would have to wait and see if they like players potential trade partners draft. They couldn't do the trade until 30 days after the draft, provided the player is not signed. (They receive the players rights in a sign and trade.)

2) DeRozan's next contract won't be at his current number. If the Spurs sign and trade him, they won't have to take a big contract back to "make the numbers work." He'll get between the MLE and 20M on the open market. For example, if he wanted to play for the Lakers, then a long term deal starting ~18M. Lakers would be smart to make this a decreasing contract; DDR would want an increasing number. The 18M number is high end cap match for Kuzma and the 22nd pick cap hold.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see any of the teams with cap room offering DDR something at or above his current number. He only has value to Spurs and a contender who needs more offensive firepower, and the contenders don't have cap room to spend. If his value craters to MLE levels, then Spurs should bring him back.

3) In my view, the Warriors, Lakers, Hawks, 76ers, Nuggets, and Spurs are the teams that could have interest in DDR. None of those teams, except the Spurs, can offer much money in free agency. This is why watching those teams packaging player(s) and their '21 first round pick for him after the draft is worth some speculation. A five year deal starting near 20M would be fantastic work by his agent. But that is his best case scenario.
    Last edited by Excessive Egotist; 07-10-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny I think Jak has the best trade value and coupled with one of our young guards would get us a lottery or boarder line all star in a trade.
    Steph & Klay would be happy with his screens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steph & Klay would be happy with his screens.
    yes they would but not sure Jak and Draymond makes sense for them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes they would but not sure Jak and Draymond makes sense for them.
    Probably not.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS is not moving both Wiseman and the 7th for DDR. That’s crazy ST nonsense. The Lakers deal has been the only realistic thing I’ve seen here.

I would be shocked if they got anything in top 16 on a DDR deal.

A DDR trade has all the making of a role players and super late 1st.

Plus you’re relying on back alley deals and handshakes. Look how that worked out with Morris fiasco.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O...
    2) DeRozan's next contract won't be at his current number. If the Spurs sign and trade him, they won't have to take a big contract back to "make the numbers work." He'll get between the MLE and 20M on the open market. ...
    I will be extremely surprised if he gets less than $20M annually...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS is not moving both Wiseman and the 7th for DDR. That’s crazy ST nonsense. The Lakers deal has been the only realistic thing I’ve seen here.

I would be shocked if they got anything in top 16 on a DDR deal.

A DDR trade has all the making of a role players and super late 1st.

Plus you’re relying on back alley deals and handshakes. Look how that worked out with Morris fiasco.
    Yes, this is right. This reminds of how SpursTalk was obsessed with the fantasy of Wiseman getting traded for Aldridge last year.

Anyway, if there is a S&T for DeRozan involving draft picks, it'll be for a future draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Player Archetype Counter

Last year...

Point guard: Killian Hayes, Tyrese Maxey, Theo Maledon
    Total = 3

Combo guard: N/A

Wing: Isaac Okoro, Aaron Nesmith, Devin Vassell, Terry Armstrong
    Total = 4

Big Wing/ Playmaking Forward: Jaden McDaniels, Patrick Williams, Deni Avdija
    Total = 3

Athletic Forward: N/A

Stretch Big: Jalen Smith
    Total = 1

Anchor Big: Zeke Nnaji, Isaiah Stewart, Vernon Carey Jr., Onyeka Okongwu
    Total = 4

End result = Spurs drafted a Wing and a Point Guard

---------------------------------------------

This year so far,

Point guard: Tre Mann, Colbey Ross, Jordan Burns
    Total = 3

Combo guard: Keon Johnson, Josh Primo, Austin Reaves
    Total = 3

Wing: Corey Kispert, Chris Duarte, Ethan Thompson
    Total = 3

Big Wing/ Playmaking Forward: LJ Figueroa, Joe Wieskamp, MaCio Teague
    Total = 3

Athletic Forward: Kai Jones, Romeo Weems, Yves Pons
    Total = 3

Stretch Big: Trey Murphy III, Terry Taylor, Moses Wright
    Total = 3

Anchor Big: N/A

Result = ?
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-10-2021 at 11:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Player Archetype Counter

Last year...

Point guard: Killian Hayes, Tyrese Maxey, Theo Maledon
    Total = 3

Combo guard: N/A

Wing: Isaac Okoro, Aaron Nesmith, Devin Vassell, Terry Armstrong
    Total = 4

Big Wing/ Playmaking Forward: Jaden McDaniels, Patrick Williams, Deni Avdija
    Total = 3

Stretch Big: Jalen Smith
    Total = 1

Anchor Big: Zeke Nnaji, Isaiah Stewart, Vernon Carey Jr., Onyeka Okongwu
    Total = 4

End result = Spurs drafted a Wing and a Point Guard

---------------------------------------------

This year so far,

Point guard: Tre Mann, Colbey Ross, Jordan Burns
    Total = 3

Combo guard: Keon Johnson, Josh Primo, Austin Reaves
    Total = 3

Wing: Corey Kispert, Chris Duarte, Ethan Thompson
    Total = 3

Big Wing/ Playmaking Forward: LJ Figueroa, Joe Wieskamp, MaCio Teague
    Total = 3

Athletic Forward: Kai Jones, Romeo Weems, Yves Pons
    Total = 3

Stretch Big: Trey Murphy III, Terry Taylor, Moses Wright
    Total = 3

Anchor Big: N/A

Result = ?
    Spurs current roster:

Point guard: Dejounte Murray, Tre Jones
    Total = 2

Combo guard: Derrick White, Lonnie Walker, Patty Mills (FA)
    Total = 3

Wing: Devin Vassell
    Total = 1

Big Wing/ Playmaking Forward: DeMar DeRozan (FA), Keldon Johnson, Keita Bates Diop (FA), DaQuan Jeffries, Rudy Gay (FA), Luka Samanic
    Total = 6

Stretch Big: Gorgui Dieng (FA)
    Total = 1

Anchor Big: Jakob Poeltl, Drew Eubanks
    Total = 2
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-10-2021 at 01:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs current roster:

Total = 2

Total = 3

Total = 1

Big Wing/ Playmaking Forward: DeMar DeRozan (FA), Keldon Johnson, Keita Bates Diop (FA), DaQuan Jeffries, Rudy Gay (FA)
    Total = 5

Stretch Big: Gorgui Dieng (FA), Luka Samanic
    Total = 2

Total = 2
    Typically discussed prospects:

Point guard: Josh Giddey, Tre Mann

Combo guard: Keon Johnson, Jaden Springer, James Bouknight

Wing: Moses Moody, Corey Kispert, Chris Duarte

Big Wing/ Playmaking Forward: Franz Wagner, Ziaire Williams, Trey Murphy III

Athletic Forward: Jalen Johnson, Kai Jones

Stretch Big: Alperen Sengun, Usman Garuba

Anchor Big: Isaiah Jackson
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-10-2021 at 01:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither are going anywhere tbh. But figured I’d post anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs current roster:

Total = 2

Total = 3

Total = 1

Big Wing/ Playmaking Forward: DeMar DeRozan (FA), Keldon Johnson, Keita Bates Diop (FA), DaQuan Jeffries, Rudy Gay (FA)
    Total = 5

Stretch Big: Gorgui Dieng (FA), Luka Samanic
    Total = 2

Total = 2
    Many sources peg the Spurs as needing bigs, but they're never clear or misunderstand what bigs are needed. We don't need centers that are not stretch-capable and even then it's not an area of priority.

The Spurs need: defensive size/athleticism at the 3-4 who can shoot, shooters in general, and playmakers. The only playmaker on the squad is Derrick White, by which I mean a guy who can see the floor outside of mechanical sets. Murray is on the Parker track -- not a natural playmaker, but learning where guys will be and can certainly run those. Manu was able to rip defenses up because he was a natural playmaker.

I don't really know who a stretch-four is in this draft. Mostly there are stretch-fives, but then these categories are difficult to cement nowadays. Samanic has some stretch 3/4 capability, but 1) we need a bruiser type who can corral rebounds, 2) he's not trustworthy (yet). I think Poeltl's fine, but he does reduce what is possible with the rest of the lineup. I think Eubanks is very serviceable as a backup big and is flashing some jumpshooting ability. I don't expect Dieng to stay. Something about not actually playing the dude when you sign him.

So... for that stretch three-four, a guy like Trey Murphy is very interesting. I don't think he's worth the #12, however, and know he'll be gone by our 2nd round pick. He's a very tall and long 3-and-D type who unfortunately is a bad rebounder.

There is some possibility of Sengun becoming that stretch-four and I actually think he will. Barring those choices, it's not really clear who is there at #12 that helps, which is why I'm looking at guys like Giddey (playmaking) and Kispert (shooting) instead.

EDIT: I had been going away from Wagner due to Samanic overlap, but he's also that stretch power wing that might work in this regard.

Thread Information