Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1118
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    20:30

Still bright out

So you forgot you were at high la udes in the Northern Hemisphere?
    Stay there in Winter and tell me about the daylight...

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Not a shame to play for penalty kicks if you have legendary kickers and goalie tbqh. Pengland has neither yet they still chose that strategy

Them brits are not that bright

Italians actually have an undefeated monster penalty stopping goalie and still played for the win. Most likely because they knew deep inside they are the better team
    Legendary penalty takers...? Do you remember Pickford? I will take that goalie against those legends anytime. Poor Jorgie... that backfired bigtime.

The bolded I believe.
    The English are wankers in crunch time, afraid to lose.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Nice sure. But why the hype around this pethetic scrub???

Hed be cleaning toilets in germany tbqh
    Why Man City want to give him a hundred million plus pounds, then?

Southgate went full re by not featuring this guy.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    ANY pull from behind ANYWHERE on the field at ANY time in the game.
    It slows the game down. Thats what I said, read it again.
    Don't get your panties in a bundle.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    As a casual soccer fan, I watched the Danish game where Eriksen collapsed and nearly died.
    That's apparently something of a myth. Fake news said he was out for twenty minutes and sh** like that.
    Medical staff said he came to on the first defib.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    The WC is in December next year? Qatar? Makes sense. Playing outside in that heat would undoubtedly lead to more Eriksen type situations.
    Supposedly they were going to make technology to make the field and/or stadium cooler. Some 'er saying that's fantasy though.
    I am interested to see if they are able to develop something significant though. The real world implications could be a game changer.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Don't get your panties in a bundle.
    Learn to read.

And think.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Learn to read.

And think.
    Stop crying. It's getting old.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    I agree with Craig. You have Grealish, Sterling, Stones, Shaw, etc. who had all star seasons in EPL, and Southgate is telling the lads that it's up to the practice squad.
    It's like if the Lue said to Lebron and AD have a seat; Caldwell-Pope and McLemore got this.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Spain
    Post Count
    I agree with Craig. You have Grealish, Sterling, Stones, Shaw, etc. who had all star seasons in EPL, and Southgate is telling the lads that it's up to the practice squad.
    It's like if the Lue said to Lebron and AD have a seat; Caldwell-Pope and McLemore got this.

Damn. Not KCP and McLemore! I had no idea those three weren't like actually the best choice. I was wondering why they brought ice cold subs in.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Spain
    Post Count
    Not a shame to play for penalty kicks if you have legendary kickers and goalie tbqh. Pengland has neither yet they still chose that strategy

Them brits are not that bright

Italians actually have an undefeated monster penalty stopping goalie and still played for the win. Most likely because they knew deep inside they are the better team
    Got it. So it's been '66 since the English won anything of worth? Man, on home soil and played not to win. I'd thought they'd be more adventurous and not settle for Extra Time and PKs.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Stop crying. It's getting old.
    Stop being stupid.

so sorry, its not doable.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

NOW you put Shaw in...
    Bottlehead...

You wont admit you had no idea what he did for Man U along with Maguire.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Stop being stupid.

so sorry, its not doable.
    I gave you a response with no malice or guile and you came back with that sh**.

You have to consider that you're the problem on this.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    NOW you put Shaw in...
    Bottlehead...

You wont admit you had no idea what he did for Man U along with Maguire.
    Relative to who they chose, I put Shaw in (as one of six, so not even necessarily in). And I put him in because that's explicitly one of the four names in addition to Kane and Maguire that Craig stated.

Would Shaw have made my five? Probably not; but I haven't seen him take PKs, so that's not completely fair. What I would think I would like about him is that he would hit the ball with pace and go for a spot unlike the trash that was England's last two kicks. But I don't think his aim is especially great. But even if he was more middle, I think he might have got some height on the ball. Or if he stayed on ground, he would've at least sent it with pace as I said. But again, based on his passing, I think there's some potential accuracy issues there.

Sterling is very capable of hitting a corner low. It's kind of his thing. You only worry about the goalkeeper guessing the right direction.
    Grealish has taken penalty kicks in the EPL. I don't know his percentage; but I've seen what he can do as a sniper from other areas on the field.
    To me, he's a no brainer over (cold) Sano and Saka.
    Stones I suspect is decent. Those big centerbacks tend to have that card in their pocket. Maybe a concern for a guy not regularly taking strikes though?

Back to Shaw, I never came out and said I'm all against Shaw (though his silly foul did cost England their clean sheet streak). I said that he along with Sterling in buildup play was leaving something to be desired at times. Overall, they did okay though and had their moments; so I desisted; it wasn't a drum I wanted to keep beating. I can't argue with Southgate's continued use of him. Though he was looking gassed in the Italy game unlike games prior. I think he is probably one of the guys who should've been subbed out in the second half.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    UK To Ban Online Racists From Soccer Games

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson says the government plans to ban anyone guilty of online racist abuse from soccer matches as authorities continue to respond to the lawlessness connected to England's loss in the final of the European soccer championship. Johnson on Wednesday told lawmakers that it was time to act after three Black members of England's national team were targeted by racist abuse on social media after they failed to score during the penalty shootout that sealed the team's loss to Italy on Sunday night. The government plans to add online racism to the list of offenses for which fans can be barred from matches, he said.

"What we are doing is taking practical steps to ensure that the football banning regime is changed so that if you are guilty of racist abuse online on football, then you will not be going to the match," Johnson said during his weekly prime minister's questions session. "No ifs, no buts, no exemptions, no excuses." Courts are allowed to issue banning orders if a fan is convicted of a "relevant offense" linked to a match, including crimes such as disorderly behavior or possession of weapons.

Post Count
    UK To Ban Online Racists From Soccer Games

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson says the government plans to ban anyone guilty of online racist abuse from soccer matches as authorities continue to respond to the lawlessness connected to England's loss in the final of the European soccer championship. Johnson on Wednesday told lawmakers that it was time to act after three Black members of England's national team were targeted by racist abuse on social media after they failed to score during the penalty shootout that sealed the team's loss to Italy on Sunday night. The government plans to add online racism to the list of offenses for which fans can be barred from matches, he said.

"What we are doing is taking practical steps to ensure that the football banning regime is changed so that if you are guilty of racist abuse online on football, then you will not be going to the match," Johnson said during his weekly prime minister's questions session. "No ifs, no buts, no exemptions, no excuses." Courts are allowed to issue banning orders if a fan is convicted of a "relevant offense" linked to a match, including crimes such as disorderly behavior or possession of weapons.
    You kinda deserve this if you're stupid enough to post racist on a twitter/FB/insta account with your real name on it.

That's pretty much the only way they could find these people, right? I doubt they're gonna get a judge to sign a warrant ordering social media sites to release IP addresses of the offending accounts.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    You kinda deserve this if you're stupid enough to post racist on a twitter/FB/insta account with your real name on it.

That's pretty much the only way they could find these people, right? I doubt they're gonna get a judge to sign a warrant ordering social media sites to release IP addresses of the offending accounts.
    Once you start punishing free speech, you're going down a really stupid road. Obviously, this is all part of a much bigger agenda in the works right now.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Relative to who they chose, I put Shaw in (as one of six, so not even necessarily in). And I put him in because that's explicitly one of the four names in addition to Kane and Maguire that Craig stated.

Would Shaw have made my five? Probably not; but I haven't seen him take PKs, so that's not completely fair. What I would think I would like about him is that he would hit the ball with pace and go for a spot unlike the trash that was England's last two kicks. But I don't think his aim is especially great. But even if he was more middle, I think he might have got some height on the ball. Or if he stayed on ground, he would've at least sent it with pace as I said. But again, based on his passing, I think there's some potential accuracy issues there.

Sterling is very capable of hitting a corner low. It's kind of his thing. You only worry about the goalkeeper guessing the right direction.
    Grealish has taken penalty kicks in the EPL. I don't know his percentage; but I've seen what he can do as a sniper from other areas on the field.
    To me, he's a no brainer over (cold) Sano and Saka.
    Stones I suspect is decent. Those big centerbacks tend to have that card in their pocket. Maybe a concern for a guy not regularly taking strikes though?

Back to Shaw, I never came out and said I'm all against Shaw (though his silly foul did cost England their clean sheet streak). I said that he along with Sterling in buildup play was leaving something to be desired at times. Overall, they did okay though and had their moments; so I desisted; it wasn't a drum I wanted to keep beating. I can't argue with Southgate's continued use of him. Though he was looking gassed in the Italy game unlike games prior. I think he is probably one of the guys who should've been subbed out in the second half.
    You did not even know he played next to Maguire and then exclaimed "FANBOY!"
    Just admit you Completely whiffed, its not that big a deal.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Once you start punishing free speech, you're going down a really stupid road. Obviously, this is all part of a much bigger agenda in the works right now.
    Its as big a deal as his 9-11 agenda.
    Heres the news from derp.
    The US destroyed its own twin towers.

You are a freak. And you have the gall to tell us not to bring political to the soccer site.
    You are a lying hypocrite. You use Eriksen for "the Dutch trying to hide stuff because the vaccers told them to..." fkn fool.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

England has very different rules towards hate speech on the internet and at games.
    They throw people out of stadiums and ban them for life in some cases.
    When gangs get together and plan fights online they will punish them.

Derp does not understand much of anything outside or inside US borders.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Its as big a deal as his 9-11 agenda.
    Heres the news from derp.
    The US destroyed its own twin towers.

You are a freak. And you have the gall to tell us not to bring political to the soccer site.
    You are a lying hypocrite. You use Eriksen for "the Dutch trying to hide stuff because the vaccers told them to..." fkn fool.
    I'm not arguing politics with you in soccer. You cry too much.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    You did not even know he played next to Maguire and then exclaimed "FANBOY!"
    Just admit you Completely whiffed, its not that big a deal.
    I may have been a little harsh on you.

Again though, I'm not saying playing Shaw was an absolute no brainer; just that they made it work.
    At this point, I think not incorporating Grealish was the big mistake. I don't have any proof; but I can only explain it that there must be enmity between Southgate and Grealish.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    I may have been a little harsh on you.

Again though, I'm not saying playing Shaw was an absolute no brainer; just that they made it work.
    At this point, I think not incorporating Grealish was the big mistake. I don't have any proof; but I can only explain it that there must be enmity between Southgate and Grealish.
    I have some ideas on this one.
    Grealish was a bit of a joker. Example:

Phil Foden (young guy bit of a hot head) was given about not winning the champions league in a sideways manner in front of Jordon Henderson (a leader on the English team who had won the le with Liverpool) by Grealish putting Henderson in an akward position and pissing Foden off. I think Grealish pulled a number of things like this around the boys, trying to see who had hard feelings kinda jock thing that goes on all the time on these types of teams. imo Southgate did not like Grealish and the joking. Southgate was all for unity and respect.

Derp.
    If you dont know something then shut up.
    Calling me a fan boy from Shaw when Man U helped knocked Tottenham out of the top 4 (they did not deserve it anyway).
    I dont root for Man U, but at least I can see when something works on this team. I WATCH their games. I have a friend from England who dies for them so I have to be at least educated enough to give him some when they lose and be in the ballpark in the assessment. You are not harsh on me, you are just stupid.
    Your rule is blind loyalty and ignorance.

Do you know this is a sports board?

Grealish definitely has an at ude. But there is no doubting his level of skill and the creativity he could have brought to the team, especially uninjured and fully fit.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Derp.
    If you dont know something then shut up.
    Calling me a fan boy from Shaw when Man U helped knocked Tottenham out of the top 4 (they did not deserve it anyway).
    I dont root for Man U, but at least I can see when something works on this team. I WATCH their games. I have a friend from England who dies for them so I have to be at least educated enough to give him some when they lose and be in the ballpark in the assessment. You are not harsh on me, you are just stupid.
    Your rule is blind loyalty and ignorance.
    You're (very) thin skinned. I'll keep it in mind and try to act accordingly.

Thread Information