Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is inconsistent which is to be expected from a player in his first real NBA season. But one thing that he does well is defend and defense is the biggest issue on this team which is why people want him to play something close to 30 minutes. His defense is the main reason why people want him to start

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a star; that's happening. Why does this bother you and Gregg? Are you guys showing the fans about Kawhi, like you said?
    lmfao a star? I get you’re a special kind of stupid so it’s expected that I should repeat myself but again, 5pts on 20% shooting is not star level, especially when you’re not the focal point of the defense but only muster 5pts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ 2/10 troll.

Kawhi Leonard was 3-15 on Dec 3rd vs Portland.
    I guess he sucks and should give it up to guys like Bryn Forbes.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ 2/10 troll.

Kawhi Leonard was 3-15 on Dec 3rd vs Portland.
    I guess he sucks and should give it up to guys like Bryn Forbes.
    These Pop suckers that want to point to a guy not flipping the switch in his broken-up fourteen minutes of action.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is inconstant cause he's gotten inconsistent minutes.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is inconstant cause he's gotten inconsistent minutes.
    Yup. Do these Pop suckers expect Lonnie to go 5-7 FG, 15 pts every time Gregg gives him 17 minutes (rather, every time Gregg steals half his minutes)?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    typo in le

demar is 1st in minutes
    Did I say the Spurs have only one star?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at peeps melting down because Popovich is taking his time with a developing player.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at peeps melting down because Popovich is taking his time with a developing player.
    It's very important that IV sit and watch Forbes chuck and play sh** D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's more important for Lonnie to develop well. We aren't winning this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to look at this is number of minutes played per game when available (DNP - coach’s decision). Carroll and Walker are a lot lower in % of available minutes played on that list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raptors, like any other sane team, were hunting and exploiting him last night. At least Pop recognizes Walker's defensive upside and played him that last 40 seconds... Lol

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's more important for Lonnie to develop well. We aren't winning this season.
    Development isn't so much something that happens on the bench despite the sh** that's been shoveled into your hole.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...those pink shoe IV was wearing tonight. Star player looking the part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not like he is rotting on the bench right now ... he is not doing anything right now to deserve more than 15-20 minutes ... watching him up drives and layups is as infuriating as watching Forbes on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have ESPN+ but caught a glimpse of a story led Five young NBA trade targets who could thrive on new teams... the video the played was about a minute and a half of Lonnie Walkers highlights. Anybody read this? Even ESPN is kinda calling out Pops stupidity. Going to be a damn shame if they can't retain this kid.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...rive-new-teams

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his minutes are trending upwards ... now he needs to play even more besides Demar and not only as his subs ute
    That's the problem. Popovich is now giving Lonnie some minutes, but only at the 3 spot. He's very clearly a 2 and should be getting a lot of those Forbes/Bellynelly minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That guy on EPSN about LaMello Ball is talking out of both sides of his mouth and therefore completely full of !

Ho- ! Just watched the rest of Schmitz take... inadvertently throwing manure at Pops mentality. You must let the kids play and figure it out! In my line of work they made us go thru a workshop about hiring and capitalizing on Millennials. They are different from us that came up without the internet to answer everything know to man. Yes a bit stuck-up and condescending buttttt there is some legitimacy to that.

Long story short: Pop has to give these talented kids a chance. But he won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Development isn't so much something that happens on the bench despite the sh** that's been shoveled into your hole.
    He's getting playing time. He needed to demonstrate in practice that he understood the offensive and defensive system. It was obvious that he was missing a lot of assignments as it was if you had any idea of what you were watching.

And it would have been extremely counterproductive to just trot him back out after he the bed against Kawhi earlier in the season.

You are like the dumbass NFL coach that thinks its a good idea to play your rookie QB every down even when he's getting his ass pounded into the ground and has no idea what he is doing in an NFL system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's getting playing time. He needed to demonstrate in practice that he understood the offensive and defensive system. It was obvious that he was missing a lot of assignments as it was if you had any idea of what you were watching.

And it would have been extremely counterproductive to just trot him back out after he the bed against Kawhi earlier in the season.

You are like the dumbass NFL coach that thinks its a good idea to play your rookie QB every down even when he's getting his ass pounded into the ground and has no idea what he is doing in an NFL system.
    i'm no forbes hater but what i saw out of him, from row 12, during that OT game vs Sacramento was a disgusting display of getting beat by your man play after play after play. it's like he just looked up the definition of defense before he hit the court that night.

if he can get the mins he gets then i have no clue why lonnie can't get the same amount of mins if not more.

as well, if marco can get the mins he gets too while playing shooting circus shots and playing no defense either then lonnie deserves the same if not more.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's getting playing time. He needed to demonstrate in practice that he understood the offensive and defensive system.
    That's something role players do. This kid is special. He should be learning on the job.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was obvious that he was missing a lot of assignments as it was if you had any idea of what you were watching.
    Have you not watched Forbes play defense? He's effectively a missed assignment on every play.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arguing against playing the superior player going forward because a superstar had a good night. You must be a certified Pop's ass sniffer.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the season when Lonnie has his mediocre numbers but is serviceable and the Spurs are rolling into the 8 seed, the Pop sniffers are gonna be saying, see! Never mind that the alternative was a guy with rock star credentials and the 4 seed.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm no forbes hater but what i saw out of him, from row 12, during that OT game vs Sacramento was a disgusting display of getting beat by your man play after play after play. it's like he just looked up the definition of defense before he hit the court that night.
    He's mentally re ed on top of just seriously lacking physical prowess.

I say it without any hyperbole that Bryn Forbes is the worst defender in the league.

Although, I'll say that I haven't been watching Isiah Thomas play defense upon his latest return. He wore that crown for years before Forbes had it the last two or three years.

Thread Information