View Poll Results: Which failed D'Antoni team was better?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2004-05 Phoenix Suns

9 60.00%
  • 2017-18 Houston Rockets

6 40.00%
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Arcadian; 05-28-2018 at 11:07 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    rox team played defense. took the warriors 7 games to beat this hobbled team. they exceeded expectations.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Failure is taking the dynasty team to 7 games when no other team could even make it to a 6th game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This Rockets team. The 04-05 Suns, the first of the Nash era, essentially had a 5 man "rotation". They barely used their bench in the regular season, let alone the playoffs. And eventually they decided to use Steven Hunter a lot more in Western Finals because Duncan was killing Amare inside ... and we all know how that ended.

The Rockets had a longer bench, which they shortened substantially in the playoffs but still had an 8 man rotation. They also achieved 65 wins with CP3 missing around 20 games.

So essentially they had the same offensive and defensive rating, better record, while having their second best player out for a quarter of the season and using a lot more of their scrub players. But maybe, just maybe, the 06-07 Suns were a bit better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about 2007 sun's?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Those Suns teams were really enjoyable to watch, tbh. These Rokets on the other hand make me wanna gouge my eyes out with a tetanus infected fork

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked the Suns' big 3 more than the Rockets' best players. Nash the orchestrator and shooter, Marion the defender and slasher, Stoudemire the inside presence. By surrounding them with shooters and playing a run and gun style before it was popular, that core should have rang. Maybe you all are right that the 07 Suns were their best iteration.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 05-29-2018 at 05:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18 Rocks are better defensively
    05 Suns had the better offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those Suns teams were really enjoyable to watch, tbh. These Rokets on the other hand make me wanna gouge my eyes out with a tetanus infected fork
    tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump...vote is currently tied

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Failure is taking the dynasty team to 7 games when no other team could even make it to a 6th game
    Did the Suns take the Spurs to 7 in 05?

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 15' rockets are a MUCH better team if you are talking about championship hopes.

The suns were more fun to watch. That's really all there is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Player of his generation Timmy Dunks and company >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WarriorRef and cast of 's.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The 15' rockets are a MUCH better team if you are talking about championship hopes.

The suns were more fun to watch. That's really all there is.
    That team was beat soundly by the Warriors before KD got there. This team was an injury and bad shooting away from beating a better Warriors team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do we feel about the 05-07 Suns vs the 17-19 Rockets now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Mismatch

Suns had 2 elite players, 2 great sidekicks and burners off the bench.

If I'm combining the teams, the only Rocket I'm taking is Harden

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What about 2007 sun's?
    Joe Johnson is why the 05 Suns are clearly better than the 07 Suns imo, people forget JJ was on that team because he was injured for the entire Dallas series and didn't come back in the WCF until the Suns had already lost 2 games at home (and thus the series).

Also, Amare was still really good in 2007, but he never regained the full explosion/athleticism he had in 2005 pre-microfracture surgery. As much as he couldn't guard Duncan in 2005, Duncan was equally bad at guarding him.

The 05 Suns in tody's NBA would be able to take Golden State to 7 games. Nash guarding Curry would be a ugly but 05 was before Nash completely stopped playing defense and Curry doesn't have the superior athleticism that PGs who were really good at destroying Nash had (i.e., Parker). GS also wouldn't have an answer for prime Amare.

The 2018 Rockets IMO would also get killed by the 2005 Spurs (assuming it's being played in 2005). Duncan would massacre whoever he was guarding, and I don't see the 2018 Rockets extremely predictable isoball doing much against a defense as good as the 2005 Spurs' defense was.
    Last edited by Will Hunting; 05-28-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do we feel about the 05-07 Suns vs the 17-19 Rockets now?
    Both are capital PH gots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Johnson is why the 05 Suns are clearly better than the 07 Suns imo, people forget JJ was on that team because he was injured for the entire Dallas series and didn't come back in the WCF until the Suns had already lost 2 games at home (and thus the series).

Also, Amare was still really good in 2007, but he never regained the full explosion/athleticism he had in 2005 pre-microfracture surgery. As much as he couldn't guard Duncan in 2005, Duncan was equally bad at guarding him.

The 05 Suns in tody's NBA would be able to take Golden State to 7 games. Nash guarding Curry would be a ugly but 05 was before Nash completely stopped playing defense and Curry doesn't have the superior athleticism that PGs who were really good at destroying Nash had (i.e., Parker). GS also wouldn't have an answer for prime Amare.

The 2018 Rockets IMO would also get killed by the 2005 Spurs (assuming it's being played in 2005). Duncan would massacre whoever he was guarding, and I don't see the 2018 Rockets extremely predictable isoball doing much against a defense as good as the 2005 Spurs' defense was.
    Agree with all of the above

Thread Information