Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have to admit, I'm a little sad today.

I was thoroughly enjoying the perplexed reactions of C's fans nation wide, basking in their misery.

But now a full day after the trade I am bummed about no longer having the adversary I had come to loathe but ultimately respect. This C's team was one of the toughest, well balanced, defensive teams the league has ever seen and now it's pretty much over. Goodbye rivalry.

R.I.P. 2007-11 Celtics, you were a worthy opponent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9-3 edge, Celtics.

There was and is no "rivalry."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    9-3 edge, Celtics.

remember dat next time u try and step to a playa like Kool who's way outta ur league...you pussy escape artist you...

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I sympathize for Celtics stalwarts here & elsewhere. I can't empathize because there is no comparable Laker to lose in the capacity of Perkins there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sympathize for Celtics stalwarts here & elsewhere. I can't empathize because there is no comparable Laker to lose in the capacity of Perkins there.
    Ron's mind could go at any moment

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    9-3 edge, Celtics.

1-1 tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I was just thinking about that the other day. The Lakers really don't have a "blue-collar" hero type player.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    9-3 edge, Celtics.

Sort of like that Lakers-Spurs rivalry?

8-3 Lakers

4-1 in the Kobe+Phil / Tim+Pop era

Regardless, I was speaking specifically about this Boston core unit versus this Laker core unit which is in its 4th season as compe ive adversaries.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Regardless, I was speaking specifically about this Boston core unit versus this Laker core unit which is in its 4th season as compe ive adversaries.
    I agree, it was a good rivalry.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rivalry is not over ... and Mid is right it is 9-3 ... but still a rivalry.

Who are the spurs rivals? Cant be us since we own you guys in the playoffs (based on your own criteria) ...
    you guys owned the Suns until the skunker ...so no dice.

praytell mid, in your infinite wisdom please define the term "rivalry" for us?

Was the assrapings Chuck and Hakeem gave the Spurs invalidate that rivalry as well? Were the Lakers Celts not a great rivalry since we won 2 of the 3 finals headtohead that decade? Are the sixers not a rival because we have beat them 3 of 4?

Most would agree, once each team has beaten the other in a playoff ...that is a rivalry. So this current Lakers/Celts and the 80's version applies

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I was just thinking about that the other day. The Lakers really don't have a "blue-collar" hero type player.
    Artest should probably be it but his brain is on Mars. Odom might be the most comparable in terms of intangible value to the team that doesn't show up in box scores. But I think you're right. The Lakers don't have that one guy who does all the dirty work, rarely gets the pub but is still truly beloved by the fans of the team.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's difficult to find another example of Perkins/Celtics. That's why it is absolutely stunning that he was traded.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Artest should probably be it but his brain is on Mars. Odom might be the most comparable in terms of intangible value to the team that doesn't show up in box scores. But I think you're right. The Lakers don't have that one guy who does all the dirty work, rarely gets the pub but is still truly beloved by the fans of the team.

I agree that the semblance of this type of character can be found in Ron and Lamar, but neither embody it completely.

I was about to post almost the same thing but refrained because both are too "Hollywood" to ever be perceived as blue collar.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Artest would be it if he didnt care deep down inside what folks think of his game. Sure Perk wanted the ball a bit more and wanted to get paid like a valuable center (he is in this market of weak centers) but the difference is ron has delusions of grandeuor and you see it when he takes dumb shots.
    Perk sacrifices his game for the team ...plus to be COMPLETELY appples to apples it would have to been a kid we drafted ...so Bynum would be the likely candidate especially after playing hurt last year in the finals but look at how different they approached surgery and rehab ...that did not go well with our fan-base.
    Plus Bynum focuses on offense not defense ...PJ has begged Bynum to be more like perk ..Bynum thinks he is more like Howard ...

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Derek Fisher?

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Jazz defection back to Los Angeles sullies his record.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he is for me ...good call.
    But he left for more money to Gstate so that is not apples to apples ...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I agree that the semblance of this type of character can be found in Ron and Lamar, but neither embody it completely.
    Lamar?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It is kind of sad that Ainge of all people ed the Celtics the most. Anyways time to rebuild Celtics as many teams have to do or do soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers-Celtics rivalry wasn't happening this year anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Save your tears for the playoffs guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Lakers-Celtics rivalry wasn't happening this year anyway.

The consensus of the world outside of Spurstalk begs to differ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's good to know that you're worried enough to know the consensus. I'm sure you've done surveys too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If KG is the voice of toughness in Boston, Perk is the face of toughness for this Boston core. I don't know why Ainge traded him just like that. He will be definitely missed by Boston and their fans.

He'll give more trouble out West especially for LA because becasuse the Lakers have to face OKC twice or thrice more, and maybe in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston didn't need Perkins to beat LA this year. It affects them more against Orlando and Miami

Thread Information