Page 123 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That assumes Duarte’s baseline is an average 3 and D player. I think he’s more dynamic than that, and somewhat in the mold of Manu (who arrived on the Spurs at the age of 25) where he shows he’s a top player on the team right away. If he’s that, I think the expectation for him to improve is overblown. Of course I could be wrong about this, these are just my thoughts.

Duarte’s presence is felt in nearly every play.
    i know (well I hope) you’re not saying he will turn out like Manu but I still think it’s a bad comparison. Manu was a really good player in a league of grown men. He also didn’t just have one great season like Chris had in Oregon. Manu was consistently good for many years in Italy. Manu won back to back MVP’s over there and a ton of games.

I’m not bashing Duarte and I think he will most likely be a solid pro but for our team needs at with the 12th pick I think he is a reach. If we had another pick lower in the 1st round then it would be great to draft him along with a higher upside player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know (well I hope) you’re not saying he will turn out like Manu but I still think it’s a bad comparison. Manu was a really good player in a league of grown men. He also didn’t just have one great season like Chris had in Oregon. Manu was consistently good for many years in Italy. Manu won back to back MVP’s over there and a ton of games.

I’m not bashing Duarte and I think he will most likely be a solid pro but for our team needs at with the 12th pick I think he is a reach. If we had another pick lower in the 1st round then it would be great to draft him along with a higher upside player.
    I am well aware of the differences in accomplishments, I’m merely evaluating from a talent standpoint. In the end, Manu barely made it in as an NBA draft selection at a time when teams overlooked international players. I’m counting on teams and fans like you and me overlooking Duarte because he’s older and went through a different journey (JUCO, redshirt year due to ESL, etc.) than 90% of other players who made it into the NBA. I think there’s something in his game that is special that could lead to something great in the NBA, but that’s just me. It’s certainly an unpopular opinion, but it’s one I’ll stand by because I’ve put in some time watching him. Totally aware of the possibility that he doesn’t meet the ceiling I think he could reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a bust or boom season for me, that's why I'm picking Jalen Johnson (??? very unlikely the Spurs pick) or Moses Moody and even Kai Jones.

But I'd be very happy with Duarte, Sengun, Wagner, Bouknight (in that order), the players imo the Spurs are likely to pick when available. I think they are the safest bet, great character and can immediately contribute.

It's a deep Draft, so I wouldn't mind if the Spurs do a trade and get two lottery picks, especially to nab Duarte. But I really hate to lose any of our young core, except for Poeltl. I just don't see him putting 100% EVERY night. I think if he did, he would be top 5 center. That's how much I think he is capable of, the reason I'm so critical of him.
    There's no way that's the reason you're so critical of him

At this point I'm convinced you're Austrian and personally know him and he screwed your girl or something like that, there's no way that you consistently criticize him like you do only because you think he can be so great (no way in he sniffs top 5 center in the league, ever, btw, and I like the guy). I don't think I've ever seen you mention Poeltl's name in a sentence, where you don't also mention how lazy, bad, inept, stiff, bad-looking or mouth-breathing he is, lmao

Not that there's anything wrong with that, you're free to bash whichever player you dislike, but I've come to expect it from you and there's just no way that that's the reason you on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way that's the reason you're so critical of him

At this point I'm convinced you're Austrian and personally know him and he screwed your girl or something like that, there's no way that you consistently criticize him like you do only because you think he can be so great (no way in he sniffs top 5 center in the league, ever, btw, and I like the guy). I don't think I've ever seen you mention Poeltl's name in a sentence, where you don't also mention how lazy, bad, inept, stiff, bad-looking or mouth-breathing he is, lmao

Not that there's anything wrong with that, you're free to bash whichever player you dislike, but I've come to expect it from you and there's just no way that that's the reason you on him
    I’m just saying he’s the 1st player I would trade for a pick. Maybe some teams would value him as top 10 Defensive Center

Have you watched his highlights in college? The guy had post moves, jump shots and free throws. What happened? He regress until he’s on a contract year or somebody lights his ass.

But to get back to the thread relevance, aside from S&T’ing Demar, Poeltl will be the next option for me to get another pick. Sorry to have hurt your feelings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://mavsdraft.com/chris-duarte-scouting-report/

A nice overview of Chris Duarte as a prospect for those seeking a little more info about him.

Pros:

• Excellent shooting ability
    • Good shooter off the dribble & off fakes
    • Defensive playmaker that disrupts passing lanes
    • Polished P&R ball handler
    • Good finisher at the rim with soft touch
    • Intelligent cutter
    • Strong defensive instincts
    • Comfortable as a help-side defender near the rim

Cons:

• Limited athlete
    • Needs to get stronger finishing against bigs
    • Basic ball-handler that doesn’t blow by defenders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Basic ball-handler” /facepalm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprising… he said himself he had no workout with the Spurs three days ago. So the Spurs must have called within the last few days. Interesting. You’d figure all these workouts are planned way ahead of time. Perhaps the Spurs are not convinced with the 2nd rounders they’ve worked out so far?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm close to locking in...

Tier 1 = Extremely happy

Wagner
    Moody
    Giddey

Tier 2 = Happy
    Duarte
    Bouknight

Tier 3 = Risky, but understandable
    Jalen Johnson
    Murphy III
    Sengun

Tier 4 = Interesting, can't wait to see how the rest of the roster shapes out
    Isaiah Jackson
    Filip Petrusev
    Kai Jones

Tier 5 = Satisfied
    Jeremiah Earl Robinson
    Tre Mann
    Usman Garuba

Tier 6 = Not happy, but I trust the Spurs
    Corey Kispert
    Keon Johnson
    Jaden Springer
    Any chance you can expand your list to what we might be looking at in the second round?

BTW, you put in a lot of time and do some exceptionally good work for the board. Far better than most of the learned big name national guys as well as the dim witted local guys. We appreciate your work and efforts!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Basic ball-handler” /facepalm
    Just one scouts opinion.
    For example, you think Josh Giddey is an outstanding ball-handler because he puts it behind his back in an open gym, ignoring the high dribble and fact he looks down at the ball
    when gathering.
    He was very complimentary overall to him. I wouldn't worry too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just one scouts opinion.
    For example, you think Josh Giddey is an outstanding ball-handler because he puts it behind his back in an open gym, ignoring the high dribble and fact he looks down at the ball
    when gathering.
    He was very complimentary overall to him. I wouldn't worry too much.
    I don’t think Josh is an outstanding ball handler based off the video I posted… weird to say that at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprising… he said himself he had no workout with the Spurs three days ago. So the Spurs must have called within the last few days. Interesting. You’d figure all these workouts are planned way ahead of time. Perhaps the Spurs are not convinced with the 2nd rounders they’ve worked out so far?

It's difficult to know cause we don't know how they operate during the draft process.
    Actually they have worked ( as we know)close to zero prospect who will be the targets at 12 but they will or they already have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they're closer to cementing what they're looking at with the first pick and are looking for wings with the second.

Anyway, my dream of a Franz/Vrenz draft is still on the board.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey high will be Vinny Del Negro - His floor will be Loyd Daniels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    grain of salt

Brenden Nunes BrendenNunesNBA

“He’s listed at 6’9”, I hear he’s like 6’11”.” -@NBADraftWass on Franz Wagner
    9:42am · 12 Jul 2021 · Twitter for iPhone

Last edited by ace3g; 07-12-2021 at 07:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He bought dem Tom Cruise elevator shoes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they're closer to cementing what they're looking at with the first pick and are looking for wings with the second.

Anyway, my dream of a Franz/Vrenz draft is still on the board.

Wagner would def be my dream along with sengun

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be a camp invite as he may go undrafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey high will be Vinny Del Negro - His floor will be Loyd Daniels.
    Sweet Pea Lloyd Daniels, nice comp. I would love it if the prospects were all compared to mid/late 80s Spurs players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    16 Days until the Draft!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    16 Days until the Draft!

Almost there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These Olympic exhibition games are really showing how eye popping talent is trash if they don’t know how to play within a team concept. That is why I don’t get caught up in some of these prospects who look like world class athletes… they have to have brains too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting analysis. It’s a weird draft where many prognostications will be wrong. I hope this one about Sengun is right and we grab him.

Thread Information