Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    A tidal wave of retiring boomers is about to hit the U.S. Roughly 10,000 will reach the retirement age of 65 each day through the two decades, according to the Pew Research Center. By 2030, 18% of the country will be senior citizens.

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?p...5-bf2505b1543e

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Truth bombs. Baby boomers need generation X and Y to start paying for their en lements they ducked out of paying with their 30 year tax vacation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are Baby boomers the tiest generation ever to exist in all of humanity?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    They've certainly bankrupted this country and expected more en lements than any other generation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some vehemently oppose any reform to these en lements. What group might that be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And X has been at work for quite a long time.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Some vehemently oppose any reform to these en lements. What group might that be?
    This one:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Fail

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I have read that the social security plan will remain the same for people 55 & older…Generation X & Y will eventually have their benefits delayed to age 70 & 72…Seems like a simple solution…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The majority of the people currently or about to be receiving those benefits regardless of political affiliation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if household wages hadn't stagnated since Repugs/VRWC got into power in 1980 (war on employees),

if median income had kept up with GDP growth to be $92K instead of $52K,

if the for-profit, vampire squid health care industry hadn't been hiking prices many times beyond inflation for decades with no parallel increase is health outcomes,

if BigFood/BigAg hadn't ed up the food industry to feed sheeple crappy, pathogenic food,

the Hitler's baby boom would be sustainable.

You right-wing dumb s always place the blame, always wrongly, wherever your Fox/VRWC/Repug propaganda machine tell you to place it.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-04-2013 at 01:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The majority of the people currently or about to be receiving those benefits regardless of political affiliation.

Dems freaked over Paul Ryan's proposal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So did republicans. You did notice that Romney did not include it as a component of his campaign. In fact, he distanced himself from it and both he and Ryan demonized Obama for cutting $716B from Medicare.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Truth bombs. Baby boomers need generation X and Y to start paying for their en lements they ducked out of paying with their 30 year tax vacation.
    WTF are you talking about? We paid for ours. Congress stole it and spent it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull .

More worrying is that this generation seems to be able to leverage its size into favourable policy. Governments slashed tax rates in the 1980s to revitalise lagging economies, just as boomers approached their prime earning years. The average federal tax rate for a median American household, including income and payroll taxes, dropped from more than 18% in 1981 to just over 11% in 2011. Yet sensible tax reforms left less revenue for the generous benefits boomers have continued to vote themselves, such as a prescription-drug benefit paired with inadequate premiums. Deficits exploded. Erick Eschker, an economist at Humboldt State University, reckons that each American born in 1945 can expect nearly $2.2m in lifetime net transfers from the state—more than any previous cohort.
    http://www.economist.com/node/21563725

X has benefited along with everyone else. It needs to change and those that have benefited the longest need to repay the most. You started in the 1980s just when Reagen started massing debts. That dime is on you too. I am more than willing to accept a tax increase. I actually live my life with that expectation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So did the Boehner, McConnel, Graham, and McCain old guard GOP.

The libertarians and the Koch foundation need their own party, oh wait they already do. We need to change the laws so that that third party has a viable chance.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Are Baby boomers the tiest generation ever to exist in all of humanity?
    No question, they are.... they're the ones who made voting themselves money from the public largesse a way of life, thereby ing up our political process, turning elections into "whoever promises the most perks for my group wins," and helping bankrupt the economy....

On top of the damage they've done to politics and the economy, Baby Boomers do nothing but blame the Silent Generation for "having all the power in Congress when we were young" and (ironically) Gen X and Gen Y for "being selfish and en led" while never pointing the finger at themselves, tbh...

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure, oh wait nobody's ing hiring. Wait I got a job that's great, what's that oh yeah I'm not getting paid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't blame X and Y fully.. they were brought up by their parents generation obviously and last I checked how your parents raise you more often than not translates into the kinda person you are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get to work you lazy little s. I'm gonna need that check for fuel money for my boat in the bahamas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say my kids are exceptions but most of y'all are worthless s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say my kids are exceptions but most of y'all are worthless s.
    So says the generation whose hallmark was being hippies and not doing a lick of work, get high, and off. There is no justification for saying this other than baby boomers that refuse to ever ever be introspective. The baby boomer motto: something for nothing.

The boomers generation is set; you all are retiring and leaving the power structure. The proof is in the pudding. Those that follow are still writing theirs. There is nowhere to go but up especially after you all die off and quit sponging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not quite. they gave you interest bearing treasuries in return for what they borrowed. Fortunately, government expenses aren't necessarily constrained by tax revenue.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    So says the generation whose hallmark was being hippies and not doing a lick of work, get high, and off. There is no justification for saying this other than baby boomers that refuse to ever ever be introspective. The baby boomer motto: something for nothing.

The boomers generation is set; you all are retiring and leaving the power structure. The proof is in the pudding. Those that follow are still writing theirs. There is nowhere to go but up especially after you all die off and quit sponging.
    rofl that's one of the biggest examples of baby boomer hypocrisy. They did more drugs than any generation prior to them, then once the fun was over they created the war on drugs and started bull programs like D.A.R.E.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if household wages hadn't stagnated since Repugs/VRWC got into power in 1980 (war on employees),

if median income had kept up with GDP growth to be $92K instead of $52K,

if the for-profit, vampire squid health care industry hadn't been hiking prices many times beyond inflation for decades with no parallel increase is health outcomes,

if BigFood/BigAg hadn't ed up the food industry to feed sheeple crappy, pathogenic food,

the Hitler's baby boom would be sustainable.

You right-wing dumb s always place the blame, always wrongly, wherever your Fox/VRWC/Repug propaganda machine tell you to place it.

You sound like Chris Matthews very ill informed and drinking the kool aid. Your messiah has spent more money than any Us president in history.

Thread Information