Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1176
    Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just any 20ft shot, but those soft, soft fadeaways, possibly the worst shot you can take in crunch time.
    Lol yes!

Who did these two grow up watching? Their playstyles are not how you win games consistently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is a huge momentum changer. This series turned from a clean sweep into a 6-7 game series cause Pop thought it was smart to bench White and DDR and let Belinelli and Mills take over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't really make any big adjustments that the Spurs won't have an answer for...

-It was basically Murray getting hot in the 4th but I think Derrick will still guard him pretty well for most of the series....
    -Jokic wasn't anything special
    -Gary Harris is going off but that's expected when he's going to be guarded by Bryn/Marco.....

Outside of DWhite, Derozan, and LMA, the team was trash and the Spurs aren't going to win unless at least 2 of Rudy/Patty/Forbes/Beli is contributing, they've got a better chance of that happening at home tbh....

Now if Pop continues to play trash lineups like Mills/Forbes/Beli altogether, then that'll be a huge issue obviously.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all are soft as . We split that’s all you could ask for. It was obvious we could have went up 2-0 but going back to SA at 1-1 they’re goooood. You guys are tripping lol
    Dude, nobody's tripping - the frustration is warranted. We all slowly watched the lead fizzle away and saw why. It'd be a little too homer to think that what we watched tonight didn't come from the top down.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all are soft as . We split that’s all you could ask for. It was obvious we could have went up 2-0 but going back to SA at 1-1 they’re goooood. You guys are tripping lol
    Maybe we're tripping but when you have a team on the ropes u just have to knock them out, what we gave Denver is confidence and that can win games they would carry this momentum into the next game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I caught myself imagining Dejounte in Mills place as our lead drifted away
    Mills was terrible in the third and fourth quarter
    Oh well
    b-b-but he has so much corporate knowledge and experience in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy into this bs. Spurs have had leads in both games. Should have won tonight. Denver's comeback was fluky. I have seen stuff like this happen in other playoff series in the past. In '14 OKC was up by 20 plus against the Clippers in game 4 in LA. OKC blew the lead and lost the game. Clippers tied the series 2-2 only to drop the next 2 games.

In '02 Celtics came back from 20 plus against the Nets in game 3 of the ECF. Won the game at home and took the series lead 2-1. I thought for sure the Nets would melt but they ended up winning 3 straight games after that.
    Let's not forget a certain 31 point collapse last night. And we all know who's winning that series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Class signs of grief... you're going through denial.

I'm interested to read the bargaining!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A White/Derozan/Bertans/Gay/LMA lineup makes too much sense when you're getting nothing from the 3 losers, no idea why Pop keeps trying to shoehorn one of them in tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disappointing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like 2012 Game 3 vs the Thunder all over again. There might not be a Game 6 this time though.
    That is correct

spurs in 5

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like 2012 Game 3 vs the Thunder all over again. There might not be a Game 6 this time though.
    This is *exactly* what tonight reminds me of

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't really make any big adjustments that the Spurs won't have an answer for...

-It was basically Murray getting hot in the 4th but I think Derrick will still guard him pretty well for most of the series....
    -Jokic wasn't anything special
    -Gary Harris is going off but that's expected when he's going to be guarded by Bryn/Marco.....

Outside of DWhite, Derozan, and LMA, the team was trash and the Spurs aren't going to win unless at least 2 of Rudy/Patty/Forbes/Beli is contributing, they've got a better chance of that happening at home tbh....

Now if Pop continues to play trash lineups like Mills/Forbes/Beli altogether, then that'll be a huge issue obviously.....
    Agreed... All 3 are defensive liabilities shouldn't be playing together at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really solid play from Potelelte tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I caught myself imagining Dejounte in Mills place as our lead drifted away
    Mills was terrible in the third and fourth quarter
    Oh well
    Actually I think Mills played well during that stretch. I think he got all 5 points there and got that momentum stopper with the 3. Gay was the problem. The plan was Gay to iso Plumlee and have 3 shooters surround him. Gay struggled mightily. Couldn't pick up a foul when we were in the penalty. Couldn't score. And Nuggets never sent a double.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    That technical too. What great timing. If any player costs the team a point like that they're subbed out so they can get over themselves.
    It's amusing to hear Pop constantly parrot that "We only want players that have gotten over themselves" line when he's never gotten over himself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The truth is that White got torched by Murray in the 4th quarter, he got destroyed, couldn't keep up, doesn't have the athleticism to keep up. White is our best defender and was annihilated by Murray, Pop couldn't do anything about that. Use who?

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, nobody's tripping - the frustration is warranted. We all slowly watched the lead fizzle away and saw why. It'd be a little too homer to think that what we watched tonight didn't come from the top down.
    Frustrations are understandable.

This site just brings out the spam quitter whiners that just can't handle any kind of disappointment or adversity.

I try to ignore it most of the time it is tiresome to continue to sift through everyday though. Usually just don't bother posting a comment because why attempt to rationalize with over emotional sport fans am I right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like a few other have mentioned. Denver got some phantom calls and Murray was able to do a great Curry imitation with a few minutes left. Pop also made stupid subs utions. It took those 3 things for Denver to win. Highly unlikely all 3 things happen again.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man this forum can be feral as heck, lol. Turns on the team in a blink.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so of two minds about this team.

I'm glad we made the playoffs, but at the same time, I know our guys don't have the mental capacity to hit the Finals, so the most logical thing was always to take the lotto pick.

It's just frustrating because the physical capability is there, but our lead players play dumb basketball. I got reminded of that critical flaw in their approach to scoring tonight. They don't focus on getting the easiest shot despite not being great shooters.

Absolutely maddening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing is certain, Thursday and Saturday are MUST wins for us. We can't go back to Denver tied. This team won't win another game in Denver unless we're up 3-1.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertons would be sent to the D league the way he played D in the 3rd. He was just walking around letting murray find his shot(b: go ahead you can have it) from that point murray made 8 for 9. The Denver coach is talking post game about Murray, saying he didnt want to take him out because he believed in him. Pop could learn a thing or two from this. DONT TAKE OUT THE PLAYERS WINNING THE GAME FOR YOU. LET THEM GRIND IT OUT!! KOBE, JORDAN LEBRON PLAYED ALL BUT 40 SECONDS OF THE BIG GAMES. Aldridge and others can suck it up for 1 and 1/4 left in the game!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    god ing damn it those gots were who we thought they were and we let them off the hook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an avalanche of bad decisions. White should play 35 mins or more. This game was in the bag. Makes me sick. wtf pop. Makes you proud one day and insane the next. Had a lot of guys strugglng and just didn't seem to recognize it although it was so clear.

Thread Information