Page 175 of 238 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 5939
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Saw a couple of off the kilter films this week:

"Mother!" with Bardem & Jennifer Lawrence. A real mind bender, that is a showcase for Lawrence, Bardem plays her husband. Ed Harris is there as well and is stellar. It's weird, but, serviceable.

---

& "By the Sea" with husband & wife at the time Pitt & Jolie. Christ, she is so gorgeous in this that it's difficult to watch. They play a couple on the brink of separating who come into contact with a young French couple on their honeymoon. Voyeurism abounds. Nothing fantastic mind you, but, again serviceable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Checked out, "I See You" on Prime. Had better than average ratings so I gave it a shot. And this is with me pretty much hating Helen Hunt. Fortunately, about 75% of the movie doesn't involve her.
    Psychological thriller that keeps you guess for a while and does have a pretty good twist or two at the end. I think it was actually a good story and could have been done better.
    That being said, it was worth watching. It's only just over an hour and a half so it's a quick watch.
    7/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    He plays an alcoholic in this movie and he’s dealt with alcoholism most of his life, it was a low hanging fruit role for him.

As bad as he was in Pearl Harbor still not sure if it was as cringeworthy as his Batman roles.
    A ctually I liked him as Batfleck, and I was super skeptical after the Daredevil debacle

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    For cable subscribers COX as a slew of free content this weekend thru the 17th.

Only 4 days so it's almost too much to consider.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    & he was named in that MeToo movement a couple years back as "ButtMan." He'd jam his fingers up girl's backsides (thru their clothes) at Hollywood parties and such. He went underground for awhile & survived it. They left him alone.

Still his finest "hour?" Finding Damon gone there at the last: "Good Will Hunting." He doesn't cry, he just mists over. A powerful moment.
    wtf

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Awakenings - 7/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    "Life" with Eddie Murphy & Martin Lawrence. 1999

It's on one of the free movie channels. It's a very intense motion picture for a comedy. I did not like how they packaged it in it's release cycle.

Love this part, Ray's Boom-Boom Rm. fantasy sequence. The way Murphy jumps on Lawrence is sublime. & the girls at the bar are absolutely gorgeous. This film is vastly underrated & a bitter comedic tragedy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Oh, yeah, Media covered for him as he hid out till the coast was clear.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    TV series Channel 4 in Britian a while back:

Toast Of London

Its on Netflix.
    I thought it was very funny if you keep up with it as it references previous episodes.
    The voice over guys (Scramble Studios) that screw around with Steven Toast are a treat. "Yes I can hear you Clem Fandago"
    By the third season it got a bit old, but its my kind of humor.
    4/5

Guy who does the show and plays Steven Toast is a sound engineer of sorts and actually does the songs that accompany the series and the songs in the different episodes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Affleck is such a feast or famine actor. Pearl Harbor was on the other day and I watched some of it. Jesus he was horrible.
    LOL Yeah well that is a historically God ing Awful Movie.. Amazing so many people bought Tickets to Michael Bay Movies..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    He plays an alcoholic in this movie and he’s dealt with alcoholism most of his life, it was a low hanging fruit role for him.

As bad as he was in Pearl Harbor still not sure if it was as cringeworthy as his Batman roles.
    I like Ben the person and can empathize with his battle with alcohol

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cohesion

6.5/10

Mind trip of a movie

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The only decent part in Zombieland: Double Tap bomb:::

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Brightburn...surprisingly good. It's a Superman origin story but from the angle of him being evil. Well executed and had plenty of genuinely chilling moments. Could easily get a sequel.

8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cohesion

6.5/10

Mind trip of a movie
    If you're talking about Coherence (the dinner party meteor movie), that was a good one. I always group that one with Primer and Triangle (2009). And the one about where they find that box in the swamp that has something to do with the moon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Joker -- I saw it for the first time on HBO. 7.5/10. The plot itself was kind of weak but Phoenix's performance was great.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Extraction - 6.. idk, perhaps even a 5. I'd have to see it again. I'll give my final score in 10-15 years when I get myself to see this for the secon time.

This is like John Wick in India... I'd say the main guy played by Chris Hemsworth looks even better than John Wick sometimes. I'd give this like a 7 if it was presented like an Resident Evil movie and Hemsworth was playing Chris Redfield, cause damn, that guy can kill. If there were 5 of them they could pretty much take down the whole Indian Police/Army. Enemies or should I say Police and Army in this movie are pretty much re ed and you really can't believe that those guys are qualified for their job. I see this a lot in movies, like, you have a ing gun and instead of shooting the guy, you rather rush into him. I'd be fine if it happened once, but not like 10 times. Also, ing grenades dont burst into flame when they explode. Get that right already movies.
    I did like the action scenes tho. The shaky cam didn't really bother me and I can see that the director was a stunt guy before, just like the John Wick directors. Acting was pretty good from everyone and the story was just ok i guess. So all in all it was an OK movie.

oh yea, there is a scene where Hemsworth slaps the out of some kids, which was pretty funny. I was surprised they showed that in this vagina times.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    The Wrong Missy- 8/10 hilarious movie

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you're talking about Coherence (the dinner party meteor movie), that was a good one. I always group that one with Primer and Triangle (2009). And the one about where they find that box in the swamp that has something to do with the moon.
    yeah that was it heh
    it was worth a watch

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The King - 7.5/10

pretty good acting by the boy wonder chalamet

sean harris was good too but after the recent MI movies you always sense he's the villain

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Cheesy horror flick on Netflix called In The Tall Grass. My expectations were low but I gave it a chance because it was based on a Stephen King novella.

It was pretty bad. 3/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I’m 20 minutes into the Tom Hardy movie Capone and it’s a trainwreck. Might turn it off, couldn’t find a tier role for Hardy.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    For cable subscribers COX as a slew of free content this weekend thru the 17th.

Only 4 days so it's almost too much to consider.
    Bend over, you can have free cox this weekend too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Wrong Missy- 8/10 hilarious movie
    Dude...that was awful. Started off pretty funny and had a decent premise. But seemed like they were just writing the movie as they filmed it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Escape From Pretoria

Two anti apartheid activists get thrown in jail. Two hours pretty much watching them make wooden keys for all the doors they need to get out of.
    Boring.
    3/10

Thread Information