Page 94 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2796
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you mean exit polls of early voters?
    that, and public opinion polls in general... not just the left wing poll companies but also FOX News, Rasmussen, etc. all had that. Fox had Hillary +7 with a +/- 4 MOE and she only won the overall no-state popular vote by +2.

Main thing is how far left CA has gotten (enormous Hispanic baby boom there over the past 30 years, and the responsive white flight) has tilted the scales... it's remained by far the most populous state in the US with a steady 55/538 (10.23%) of the population, but it's continued to trend leftward towards 75-25 Dem majority, and they go out to vote in droves. But that doesn't really help the Dems in the EC.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    410 and Marbach area construction took like 5 years for a teeny tiny stretch of road that spanned middle and high school for me.

And to add to your point, the IH-35 project that took 20 years still isn't finished... there are still a good handful of 5-10 mile wide stretches between SA and Hillsboro (the 35W/35E junction) that you have to slow down to 60mph for "work zones" even though I've never seen any workers actually present.

There's your property and sales tax money at work.
    Those are corrupt politicians prioritizing upper class towns who pay higher property taxes over the lower class and ghetto parts of San Antonio. Doesn't sound right but that's the way our corrupt system is currently set up.

Wanna have better public education? Move into a higher income neighborhood where property taxes run anywhere from $7k-$10k and I guarantee you that their schools will be better than some ghetto area in the SAISD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as the questions I'm seeing of 'how would it work? who pays for what?', well, look at every country not named the US, where there are a plethora of different systems, with different degrees of government intervention. From fully government run, to mixed public/private systems, etc.
    These are old arguments and they've been hashed out already multiple times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are corrupt politicians prioritizing upper class towns who pay property taxes over the lower class and ghetto parts of San Antonio. Doesn't sound right but that's the way our corrupt system is currently set up.
    then again, it really doesn't matter how much money you pour into the "ghetto" parts of SA, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Harlem, LA, Detroit, NOLA or anywhere else... even if you gave each and every individual living there a $50k UBI, they would continue to sell and use drugs and shoot people, because it's firmly embedded in their culture like starch in potatoes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way I'm still waiting for someone to name one of the Departments of the federal government that's efficient and effective.

Why do people keep ignoring the difficult questions and only go for the low-hanging fruit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way I'm still waiting for someone to name one of the Departments of the federal government that's efficient and effective.

Why do people keep ignoring the difficult questions and only go for the low-hanging fruit?
    IRS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who runs those departments? Who writes the laws to rig the rules in their favor? The billionaires and corporations. We have the fox guarding the henhouse. The same people who lobby our politicians.

That very same government who blind patriots conveniently trust with their lives to tell them the truth when it comes to bombing Arab countries.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that, and public opinion polls in general... not just the left wing poll companies but also FOX News, Rasmussen, etc. all had that. Fox had Hillary +7 with a +/- 4 MOE and she only won the overall no-state popular vote by +2.

Main thing is how far left CA has gotten (enormous Hispanic baby boom there over the past 30 years, and the responsive white flight) has tilted the scales... it's remained by far the most populous state in the US with a steady 55/538 (10.23%) of the population, but it's continued to trend leftward towards 75-25 Dem majority, and they go out to vote in droves. But that doesn't really help the Dems in the EC.
    Hm, I know of no exit polling of early voters. got a link to them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14th Amendment.
    where does the 14th amendment state that violations are subject to criminal penalty?

Who goes to a dentist for cleanings every day? Eat that turd instead of pretending you didn't lay it. So then these people don't have the right.
    thats why i said reasonable.

They have only the right to service that's paid for, just like the right to cable television, if you paid for it, or a full refund.
    but thats not how insurance works. you pay a set premium regardless of how many times you went to the hospital. except under this system if would be taxes instead of premium. and like i said, the government should exercise it reasonably

I'm saying how it is right now, if I was without a job and without coverage, could I walk into a dentist's office and demand a routine cleaning? If it's my right I should be able to.
    and im saying medicare for all deals with the cost aspect of this. nobody should be the position to forego necessary care because they cant afford it

Now the health coverage is free again? You said the government has to act reasonable. What else does the government act reasonable about? How about the IRS? ATF? FBI or CIA? HUD? EPA? DoE? What exactly does the government do efficiently and reasonably besides fight wars?
    where did i say its free. its taxpayer funded, free at the point of service. you dont have to decide if you can afford to go to the doctor next week or not. thats the whole point of M4A

Access to healthcare means that it's available, but it's not free. You should still receive a minimum level of care and the billing can be figured out afterward, but that's only access to healthcare (I didn't say access to hospitals or clinics).
    yeah, and access means -all if you cant afford it. and unless you are in the need of emergency care, no you cant just get some care and figure it out afterwards. but right now EMTALA requires emergency departments to stabilize you before they dump you on the street, doesnt mean they have to give you the actual care you need. thats not nearly enough

If I have access to a Lambo, I get to drive a Lambo, or use a mansion I have access to. I could be charged for it (like a lease vehicle or rental property) but I still have access. It doesn't make it free. Do you have access to private jets? Let me guess, semantics again.

Access to health care means having "the timely use of personal health services to achieve the best health outcomes" (IOM, 1993).

It doesn't mean you can walk into a clinic without being arrested.
    im saying access means jack for somebody who cant afford it. and basic health is not something that society should treat as "well you can have it if you can afford it out of pocket"

Right, because your profession should not be included in the giveaway.
    its not a giveaway. nobody said doctors have to work without pay. and in this country you already are en led to free legal representation if your liberty is at stake. public defense is a good profession that i was hoping to get into back in CA before i moved.

and my wife is in med school right now, so it would still impact me directly.

spin it however you want, its still a deflection

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Medicare/Medicaid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nasa

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certainly NOT the DoD, but that doesn't bother adoring, flag-fetish rightwingnutjobs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Sanders FINALLY Hits Back At Lyin' Joe Biden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lower overhead, lower administrative costs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lower overhead, lower administrative costs.
    and no need for profit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and no need for profit
    If it were legal to allow the USG to use its bargaining power with drug companies, it could drive costs even lower.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it were legal to allow the USG to use its bargaining power with drug companies, it could drive costs even lower.
    the VA already does so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the VA already does so
    As it should. Are the lives of ordinary citizens worth less than US officers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where does the 14th amendment state that violations are subject to criminal penalty?

thats why i said reasonable.

but thats not how insurance works. you pay a set premium regardless of how many times you went to the hospital. except under this system if would be taxes instead of premium. and like i said, the government should exercise it reasonably

and im saying medicare for all deals with the cost aspect of this. nobody should be the position to forego necessary care because they cant afford it

where did i say its free. its taxpayer funded, free at the point of service. you dont have to decide if you can afford to go to the doctor next week or not. thats the whole point of M4A

yeah, and access means -all if you cant afford it. and unless you are in the need of emergency care, no you cant just get some care and figure it out afterwards. but right now EMTALA requires emergency departments to stabilize you before they dump you on the street, doesnt mean they have to give you the actual care you need. thats not nearly enough

im saying access means jack for somebody who cant afford it. and basic health is not something that society should treat as "well you can have it if you can afford it out of pocket"

its not a giveaway. nobody said doctors have to work without pay. and in this country you already are en led to free legal representation if your liberty is at stake. public defense is a good profession that i was hoping to get into back in CA before i moved.

and my wife is in med school right now, so it would still impact me directly.

spin it however you want, its still a deflection
    Because this streets in LA are just full of homeless people dying because they can't get good medical coverage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because this streets in LA are just full of homeless people dying because they can't get good medical coverage.
    holy non sequitur, batman!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Krystal Ball DESTROYS Clinton Advisor With Facts And Logic About Bernie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy non sequitur, batman!
    If the poorest of the poor in this country still get medical care, what are you really hoping to accomplish? Someone might lose their job and not be able to get that gender reassignment surgery?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the poorest of the poor in this country still get medical care, what are you really hoping to accomplish? Someone might lose their job and not be able to get that gender reassignment surgery?
    Hey, what about Medicare/Medicaid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, what about Medicare/Medicaid?
    What about it?

Thread Information