Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude seriously looks like a 14 year old who swung a gig selling shoes at the Foley's men's department circa 1992.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, this reminds me of when Derrick White got that phone call from Pop and was crying. Just a beautiful moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop on that good Sake. Holy fk this organization is useless. Not even borderline functioning alcoholics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hope he pans out and think he has a good chsnce, but Pop will just look at him... Just looks at that cherub face, he looks like a baby, determine he's too young, send him to the Gleague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, this reminds me of when Derrick White got that phone call from Pop and was crying. Just a beautiful moment.
    Josh and I both cried when his name was announced as the 12th pick, very beautiful tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a baby. Definitely not destined for this season.
    So a project? I was hoping he’s a replacement for any of Murray, White or Lonnie, if any would be packaged later for a Collins or Simmons. At this time, I’m really underwhelmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh and I both cried when his name was announced as the 12th pick, very beautiful tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a project? I was hoping he’s a replacement for any of Murray, White or Lonnie, if any would be packaged later for a Collins or Simmons. At this time, I’m really underwhelmed.
    Hes not replacing anyone till atleast 2024

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am starting to get the sense that the FO has fallen in love with their past success and are blind to reality. Now that my feelings on that is out of the way, I wish this kid luck. Here is to the slight hope that this kid will blossom into something great while remaining here, rather than the spurs spending so much time developing him, only to lose him to another franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty different from how Bouknight looked. Man that guy did not look pleased to get picked by Charlotte.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know anything about Josh Primo. Haven't read this thread yet or went on the youtubes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think Brian Wright should be attacked for this pick - a rookie GM wouldn't dare make such a reach - this decision certainly goes deeper.
    Agree - but what is Brian Wright adding to the FO or team? If he has no influence what is his use? If he does have influence then it’s been really bad.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree - but what is Brian Wright adding to the FO or team? If he has no influence what is his use? If he does have influence then it’s been really bad.
    He's a puppet that smiles in front of the camera to show everyone that there's diversity in our front office. I was skeptical of his input when they did that remote interview with the front office before the bubble last year. Buford answered every question while Wright sat there saying nothing. It was embarrassing - like a child afraid to speak up, lest he upset his father.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well we have no idea tbh. Before RC was promoted or whatever, we knew it was him and Pop making the calls. Since then... does anyone even have an idea? Pop seems more and more detached, especially now that he's with team USA.

Perhaps Brian Wright is actually running everything with an iron fist and we know nothing about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think anyone drafted Pop sends to the Gleague regardless, unless they are a HOF talent or there are injuries, which in itself is a gripe since some guys like Derrick are more ready than others coming in.

He just looks so young that he’ll likely need that development time surely. I do like him. It’s remarkable someone that young already can shoot well. I am a lot more excited about him than Samanic for example. Even the asset management thing doesn’t bother me as much. It will bother me if Sengun becomes a thing though but I can’t know that right now. It’s something that could come back to bite them if they didn’t find a way to take both guys. But right now in the moment I am just shocked bc I didn’t know who he was. I am not a paid scout so I wouldn’t have known.

I think Pop may just send him to the gleague bc he looks like a baby still. Anyone drafted on upside likely is so young they will more or less be the same, but there will be some guys getting playing time right away. Will this guy be one?

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played alot as a feshman at bama,and was an all sec fresh. Theres something there to be sure. He will be fun to watch when he finally sees the floor. Spurs going for broke here
    That's part of the problem. we won't see him for 3 years and even then, he'll come in and spark us to a win in his first appearance only to not play for the next 40 games after that. 's boring as .

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj just reported, that the Pacers where highly interested in Primo with the 13th pick, so we had to take him there.

J/k, even Woj never heard of this kid.
    crofl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fvck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also it needs to be said this is partly why I don’t scout as much anymore. It’s been better for me when I don’t spend any time looking at picks then just YouTube videos of whoever gets picked and get excited without any frame of reference

GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m no one on this board. But here’s the thing, everyone of you mother ers was begging for PATFO to take the big swing in this draft. Well, they just did. Just because the kid wasn’t discussed here doesn’t mean he isn’t that guy. Smart money says he is and he will be an excellent pick and talent, by year 3 lol.

Here is where the hits the fan. OKC just got 3 of the guys I had as the prospects to take, most importantly Sengun, two of which we had a shot at. Sengun better not be the next Jokic, or we are going to be Kings level laughing stock cause the kid looked can’t miss and is on a lengthy timeline just like Primo. God i hope we didn’t miss on him. GSG

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty different from how Bouknight looked. Man that guy did not look pleased to get picked by Charlotte.
    Bouknight was weird he acted like he got drafted by OKC. Charlotte is not even the worst location in the NBA. It's right in the middle for places you can live in especially as a young black guy since there is a large black population in Charlotte.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether Primo will one day be a contributor is irrelevant. The bottom line is that our GM took a guy at 12 that nobody else would have taken in the next 10-12 picks when a more experienced GM would have either drafted a player than can contribute now, or, if their mind was set on Primo, simply traded down to get him later.

It’s embarrassing how ineffective Brian Wright has been as GM of the Spurs

He screwed up the Morris signing and allowed Bertans to walk

He got zero return for Aldridge

He had 4 UFA contracts to dangle (DeRozan, Mills, Gay, Lyles) and got nothing for any of them

He’s missed the playoffs 2 straight years

In any other field, he’d be swiftly terminated and relieved of his duties
    WBomb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaken by the pick of Primo? I'm still stunned by the pick but, big picture, it's not a huge deal. Yeah, they probably could have traded down and added an asset but if he was the player they really wanted, then just picking him isn't something that will shake my faith in their drafting ability. We'll see if we get any info about how high he was on the board, if they considered trading back, etc.

What the Spurs do in free agency could shake my faith, though. I was never on the "trade DeRozan and Aldridge for something, anything " bandwagon but they need to be smart this summer. This is definitely a summer where things can go off the rails and cause me to completely lose faith.

Ask me again in a week, tbh.
    Have we made a good draft pick since 2017 tbh?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright is living rent free....... after all the Spurs are considered a trash organization ����������. Please go to bed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think Brian Wright should be attacked for this pick - a rookie GM wouldn't dare make such a reach - this decision certainly goes deeper.
    Apparently he didn't even meet Pop at his workout. So I'm guessing this pick is all R.C.

Thread Information