Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She was confirmed to the court in 1993 with a 96 to 3 vote.

She also referenced Justice Antonin Scalia, whose vote was unanimous, stating that every “Democrat and every Republican voted for him. But that’s the way it should be instead of what it’s become — a highly partisan show. The Republicans move in lock step, so do the Democrats.”

https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/13/t...rg-magic-wand/

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reality check for the morons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The oligarchy has realized that Congress is not always reliable, is messy, results compromised,

so oligarchy strategy is to pollute the Federal judiciary, from top to bottom, with extreme right wing ideologue political hacks, the younger the better.

iow, the oligarchy's (so far bloodless) coup d'etat rolls on, towards, in effect, one party, authoritarian fascist, with elections being bull dog-and-pony charades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're the morons. All of us.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the right really going to cry about Kavanaugh after Garland couldn't get a ing vote?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She is very far left not right

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's Cucker's website the article is from

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm aware.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really want to find the onus? It's Congress that has gone full blown re .

- They work half a week if that, they spend the other half on campaign events, fully imbued in partisan chicanery.
    - Their approval rating among the cons uency has been consistently on the floor for probably over a decade or more now.
    - Whoever does the biggest grandstanding dog and pony show gets to the news and "wins"
    - Reaching across the aisle on anything that has not been paid for by certain interests is a lost art, much to the detriment of society in general.
    - The infighting, even within party factions is out of control. Again, for dogmatic stuff to the detriment of society in general.

It's not one party or the other. It's just broken. There always been, to a certain extent, some degree of polarization in the general public (heck, we had a Civil War once), but Congress always managed to, more or less, be above the fray, understanding that the party is the vehicle that allows them to fulfill their ultimate mission, which is to serve the country. Now we've put the cart before the horse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good point I dont remember any Republican hysterics during Garland's confirmation hearings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s an exercise: name one relatively high impact legislation in the past 10 years that didn’t give a major lobbying faction a thorough handjob. I can’t think of one. Obamacare, anything related to wars, tax cuts...

That’s the litmus test nowadays: unless you check some boxes for some entrenched interest, it’s a non-starter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good point I dont remember any Republican hysterics during Garland's confirmation hearings
    nope, McC just told Obama and Garland to off.

Thread Information