Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Luka is never playing huh
    I actually take us not getting Lauri in the sign and trade to mean that Luka is going to either be the backup or starting 4. No chance of Collins touching the floor until January and when he does he is probably going to play backup center exclusively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First good move FO this year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see aminu on this roster day 1. But young? He's 6'8. A LEGIT power forward and the only true power forward outside of maybe Luka, and doug, who are better coming off the bench. Young will provide veteranship and perhaps raise his trade value for another trade. Or in typical spurs fashion, a buyout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine with it. I actually like DDR and he played his ass off here, but it wasn’t working. He needed to go unless he just wants to take less and be part of a rebuild. He was smart to go back to East. Probably make an All Star game again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the seemingly innocent "why are people celebrating", bruh you know damn well why we're celebrating, act now like you didn't want DeRozan off the team as well

I love it when the Exhaling Krew dishes it out, y'all are funny, but it's pathetic to see you can't take it and admit the FO makes good moves sometimes too. This deal is objectively (pun intended) good by the sole measure of both getting DDR off the team, AND getting multiple assets, picks included, out of it. No way to spin this as bad news... Unless you're willing to abandon all objectivity and just go troll-hater mode, tbh.

DeRozan, actually off the ing team... And y'all crying about it. Hilarious
    Pretty much, tbh.

DeRozan off the team and a first round pick from the Bulls of all franchises? It could have been so much worse it's not even funny

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the seemingly innocent "why are people celebrating", bruh you know damn well why we're celebrating, act now like you didn't want DeRozan off the team as well

I love it when the Exhaling Krew dishes it out, y'all are funny, but it's pathetic to see you can't take it and admit the FO makes good moves sometimes too. This deal is objectively (pun intended) good by the sole measure of both getting DDR off the team, AND getting multiple assets, picks included, out of it. No way to spin this as bad news... Unless you're willing to abandon all objectivity and just go troll-hater mode, tbh.

Even if they s&t demar for collins somehow, and traded Murray and Lonnie for LEBRON ING JAMES., someone would still complain.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, in terms of strictly value judging this on a Presti draft pick heist, this trade is nothing to write home about.

But ........................... when you compare this to scenarios where the Spurs "do right" by their vets and re-signed DeRozan and Mills at 5:01 or other dumb moves like Jarrett Allen $100 million or Duncan Robinson $90 or whatever, the summer is somewhat successful.

It's sadly a low bar at this point but I can easily live with what they did. I'd still rather have cap space than the haul they ended up with but, meh, worst fears not realized.
    Dude, this summer is total garbage and RC should retire and Wright should be fired.

Your only defense is that it could have been worse?

It is worse.

Why sign McDermott, a turning 30 win now player if they're not pairing him with a win now player in John Collins?

Because they're not competing for anything with Thad Young, ask the Bulls.

They still can't decide on a path, or are too dumb to realize that. Sign a broken down Zollins ... Tanking. Sign McDermott, not tanking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, in terms of strictly value judging this on a Presti draft pick heist, this trade is nothing to write home about.

But ........................... when you compare this to scenarios where the Spurs "do right" by their vets and re-signed DeRozan and Mills at 5:01 or other dumb moves like Jarrett Allen $100 million or Duncan Robinson $90 or whatever, the summer is somewhat successful.

It's sadly a low bar at this point but I can easily live with what they did. I'd still rather have cap space than the haul they ended up with but, meh, worst fears not realized.
    Dude, this summer is total garbage and RC should retire and Wright should be fired.

It is worse.

Why sign McDermott, a turning 30 win now player if they're not pairing him with a win now player in John Collins?

They still can't decide on a path, or are too dumb to realize that. Sign a broken down Zollins ... Tanking. Sign McDermott, not tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much, tbh.

DeRozan off the team and a first round pick from the Bulls of all franchises? It could have been so much worse it's not even funny

Any news on the protected pick ? Top 5 or.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish the pick wasn't so many years in the future. When do we find out about any protection for the pick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is worse.

What are you talking about ? they decide to turn the vets page with Mills, Derozan AND GAY gone. Almost every spurs fan wants that, just with this i'm fine.

They land something from Derozan, almost everybody wants something in return from him.

We could talk about Mc Dermott but the deal is not bad, you could trade him easily imo if that did not work ...

I mean ok mc dermott or collins could be debatable but what do you want ? bringing back the vet ? signing Collins for a Max ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeRozan was gone anyway. So what? They could have gotten firsts with space

Like I've posted, if Collins told the Spurs to screw off, then that's different.

But this was a poor job of using leverage on the Bulls.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is worse.

Look on the bright side we are not paying Collins max money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is worse.

McDermott isn't a win now player. He is a plug and play vet shooter that the team needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at those ing about this trade. The alternative was DeMar walking for nothing…

The fact that we found a team willing to give us a future first round pick for him is big. Thad Young is a serviceable wing on an expiring contract who could be worth an asset at the trade deadline. Spurs also got rid of a guy who was holding back our young players from developing.

Now we can properly tank next season while letting our young guys take their lumps and bruises and learning in the process.

This is a W for this organization that has been taking nothing but L’s lately.
    it's ST so i'm not the least surprised. ST posters crash as often as its server does.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s as if people don’t realize that Collins would actually have to want to come here before any offer is even tendered.

This forum seems to believe that a player is obtainable based solely on the ability to afford him. You people cannot be this shortsighted. I get the disappointment but seriously… the argument that we shoulda got Collins isn’t really an argument at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop in Olympics all summer and then comes back and is exhausted. The roster had been built so much around DDR. We should be prime for sucking this season and I will be rooting for it all the way while watching our young guys learn to play hard (hopefully), but lose mightily.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If ATL is already up to $25M/yr, they will match a $30M offer sheet.
    I dont know man, don't they also have to give Huerter an extension? He's probably eying that Duncan Robinson $$.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs picked up expiring contracts and future draft picks so they are in a better position for trades now because they lacked most assets needed for a trade prior to this move. but i guess ST believes that there was some magical signing that was going to take place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Favors has two more years. Young and Aminu are expiring. Big difference. I'd hate this trade if Young or Aminu had an extra year.

Plus Young actually has positive value. Aminu is a straight dump but Young should be able to net something else at the trade deadline if the Spurs retain his current value.
    Yes, Favors has 2 years at 10 each (rounded I think)

Well, based on news reports the Spurs will be paying Zollins 7 next year and over 7 the next year. And he might not play next year. Give me favors and the pick.

I like Young as a player, I know a lot of Bulls fans but especially teammates loved him. After all that's happened, you expect Wright to be able to move him at the deadline? I don't. I'd love to see him folded into a deal for John Collins for instance but I'm not holding my breath

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aminu sucks and wont play over anybody. Dougie is a backup or maybe starter at4 and thad can easily be bought out
    Everything you said is absolutely true if this current front office could actually execute.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The old vets in DDR, Rudy, Mills, Lyles are gone

I'm happy about that

All that needed for that to happen was the Spurs doing nothing. That's all. They really get extra credit for that threshold?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s as if people don’t realize that Collins would actually have to want to come here before any offer is even tendered.

This forum seems to believe that a player is obtainable based solely on the ability to afford him. You people cannot be this shortsighted. I get the disappointment but seriously… the argument that we shoulda got Collins isn’t really an argument at all.
    This. There was only a remote chance Spurs could have landed him anyway. I like Collins but he isn't turning the franchise around so missing out and trying against next summer isn't the end of the world. We will finally get to really see what our young guys have next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan was gone anyway. So what? They could have gotten firsts with space

Like I've posted, if Collins told the Spurs to screw off, then that's different.

But this was a poor job of using leverage on the Bulls.
    Re ed level take considering the entire board was assuming DeRozan was gonna be brought back. Lol pivoting to "he was gone anyways!!" to not even admit a sliver of good decision-making by the FO even when we all saw his market was dry as and no team wanted his sorry, no-3-no-D ass for more than the MLE. Like, there was a perfectly legit chance of him coming back, and the Spurs FO refused it. So what, you say, as if it wasn't a big deal?

Not to mention getting rid of Gay AND Patty. Again, against the "prediction" and certainty of every ST expert (I'd say you included, but I'm too lazy to look your post history up, tbh... Consider yourself saved by the bell ). The Collins signing was literally always a pipe dream considering he was a RFA, Collins could've told the Spurs he really really wanted to sign here and it wouldn't matter given ATL didn't want to lose him for nothing.

Again, you're scraping by for reasons to complain at this point. It's ok to be happy sometimes, you know? Come smoke a fat one with the rest of us in celebration

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't get the fascination with Presti because the only reason he gets these 1st round picks is NOT that he is a good GM but because he does not care about roster fit at all. If you give him 1st round picks he will trade any player at any time no matter what. That doesn't take skill, that just takes not caring about winning. I also don't think it will lead to much in the end as all these 1st he has are going to get traded in for disgruntled starts who don't want to be in OKC any longer than they have to (see every star player not named KD and Russ and then eventually KD and Russ ) or they are just going to be 1st round picks the he has to hilariously overpay to keep in okc or they are just going to leave and go somewhere else. Dude just had to pay a 23 year old a max to keep him in OKC.

Thread Information