Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, we're all forgetting the real loser in all of this - timvp.
    Poor Bas has to smash out about 30 Draft Prospect Profiles now....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, stop blaming some phantom enemy. No one convinced us to keep fighting a lost cause for 4 years. The overhaul was due since the Kawhi debacle, and it's been put off for a misguided sense of pride. We landed exactly where our chances said we had to land. No one else to blame.
    We're blaming the team/franchise, idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you chuckle s claiming tanking works? It doesn't ing work. Look at Sacramento or any of those always tanking teams. OKC. They're all still terrible. They'll be terrible after this draft, too.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you chuckle s claiming tanking works? It doesn't ing work. Look at Sacramento or any of those always tanking teams. OKC. They're all still terrible. They'll be terrible after this draft, too.
    Tanking works. Worked for the Spurs to get Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ja deserved it. He is now one of the best players in the league and elevated Memphis.
    It’s for another thread. But MIP awards are not for the 2nd overall pick of the draft. It’s for the non-lottery picks, undrafted who overachieved and outworked other players. That’s the definition of Most Improved Player award, improved from otherwise unspectacular beginnings.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC had a great team but didn't keep that team together. Phoenix turned their team around with some tanking seasons.

The only way the Spurs are going to get the top talent is to have some bad seasons. The spurs are not the Lakers and can't sign top players in their prime. The best players are usually the top few picks in the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas Tanked for Luka........hopefully the Spurs learned a valuable lesson and that is if you want a top 5 pick you better have a bad record. Not sure what is going to happen they are so many moving parts with future draft picks, current draft picks, one year players who could be traded, free agency, etc............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're blaming the team/franchise, idiot
    It's not directed at you, dumbf*ck:
    Guess this is what San Antonio gets for 50 years of service? Pretty stupid for Silver to miss out on a $lam dunk narrative (Spurs burst back into relevancy during their 50th season) that drives small market fanbase confidence across the league. Instead the league rewards garbage entertainment from perpetual losers.

Spurs gotta do more with less because so many other teams are so hapless they need to be propped up. Seriously the top 5 teams, baby re s that get bailed out after deliberately sucking. Hope Spurs can wheel and deal like they do or that someone falls. Going to be hilarious a million seasons from now when we're like "turns out that 22 9 pick was great for us because of the eventual asset cascade that led to San Antonio landing Allstar CP3 Jr."
    On second thought, why do I bother... your chosen name says it all...
    Last edited by Ariel; 05-17-2022 at 09:15 PM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are three ways to acquire players to improve the team.

Trades, Draft and Free Agency

Spurs are not good with Free agency or Trades(recent history of being too conservative with trades)

Their best chance is with the draft so putting themselves in the best position to get the top talent is their chance to get the team back near the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of folks say the Spurs are eventually moving to Vegas, WTF doesn't Sacramento move there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis tanked to get Ja.
    Dallas tanked to get Luka.

Funny how the sniffers always use the worst examples of front offices (Sacramento this year, Pelicans/Wolves of the years past) to convince themselves it’s a bad idea to tank. even the pelicans and timberwolves were playoff teams this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See ya nerds next year when the Spurs are picking 13th tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, stop blaming some phantom enemy. No one convinced us to keep fighting a lost cause for 4 years. The overhaul was due since the Kawhi debacle, and it's been put off for a misguided sense of pride. We landed exactly where our chances said we had to land. No one else to blame.
    "I need that record"

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Funny how the sniffers always use the worst examples of front offices (Sacramento this year, Pelicans/Wolves of the years past) to convince themselves it’s a bad idea to tank. even the pelicans and timberwolves were playoff teams this year.
    Pelicans have the 8th pick and have a better team than the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mavs moved up to draft Luka. Imagine if the Divac drafted him instead?
    Imagine if Grizz drop just one spot?
    Look at the Sixers. Right, how many top 5 picks did they get? The ing Kings have been to the conference finals more recently than them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See ya nerds next year when the Spurs are picking 13th tbh

11,12&9th recently. Sounds about right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey I'm just a Spurs fan hoping for the team to defy statistical likelihood and jump in the top 4 because I want to the Spurs to do well. I never misunderstood the poor odds of that happening though, I've been right here pouring over these odds the whole time leading up to this and besides I'm not too shattered tbh 9th is pretty good at least we didn't fall and I'm high on Sochan if possible anyway. Everyone on this board knew the likelihoods of where SA might land and were still pulling for top 4 too. Doesn't mean we didn't understand the odds just cheering for the best possible outcome.

This is a narrative driven league and I'm just suggesting that a decent storyline got left on the table. And I never said the rules weren't followed tonight I said I thought they inherently reward bad entertainment which is almost a cliche consensus among NBA discussions. No big deal, top 4 wasn't going to bring a true game changer anyway I'm just anxious to flip this house faster so the better the pick the better the talent but I agree it historically usually takes a few more tanks to rebuild which I'm pro tank go look back at my posts from 21-22 reg season.

It's all good Front Office will know what to do, look at the trade deadline, we are in good hands and if there's a deal Spurs will pounce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking works. Worked for the Spurs to get Duncan.
    There's no Duncan in this Draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis was in a 3 way tie for 7th worst record but lucked into the 2nd pick and took Ja, rejecting multiple offers from the Pelicans (lucky and smart).
    Dallas kind of did, but picked 5th and traded up for Luka (smart and shrewd).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been waiting and waiting for ... No. 9? No hats and rabbits tonight The math won.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice to see SpursTalk in full meltdown mode again.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice to see SpursTalk in full meltdown mode again.
    Just wait until draft night.

It will be worse when the spurs draft a surprise at 9 and trade away one of the 20 picks for a future draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade 9 and one of the 20s for 6 and draft Murray

Thread Information