My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost and I see no D and F...
    Franckly, I undertand the half full glass philosophy but starting from now I think votes should rapresent at least the objective value of the players...so a change of criteria is in order.
    You can't be outplayed by Whiteside and have a B.
    You can't be a negative in the final and decisive quarter and be considered sufficient...
    If you are a defensive liability for the entire game I don't care if that's because you are too short...you simply are a defensive liability period and you have to be voted accordingly...same if you can't buy a bucket when the opposing team is letting you free space to strike in the deciding moments of the game. These are two D, on an objective way of voting or two E in case you have an half empty glass philosophy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they loose against the Kings as well. the playoff streak. This team needs some major changes and they need to be made asap.
    Best case scenario for the remainder of the season in my opinion:
    1. Cut down DDR&LMA minutes to 25 per game
    2. Cut down Forbes, Belli & Gay minutes as much as possible
    3. ing play Murray, White & Walker together
    4. Call up Samanic and give him and Keldon some run, so they get a real taste of a NBA game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you bryck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they loose against the Kings as well. the playoff streak. This team needs some major changes and they need to be made asap.
    4. Call up Samanic and give him and Keldon some run, so they get a real taste of a NBA game.
    Best case scenario is that we play DDR, LMA, Gay and Murray as many minutes as possible in order to boost their stats and then try to trade them in the offseason and hopefully bring in young talent and draft picks. I have no concerns about winning more games if we play them more because they aren’t very good. Let touches shoot as much as he wants and depression driving and jump stop into the paint as much as he wants.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Lyles "breakout game"...

Is this what we have come to

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was not a must-win game. If the Spurs want any hope of salvaging anything out of this season, they have to look for it in the draft.

Pop's decisions last night were the exact same decisions he has made in virtually every game this year. He shouldn't get a C just because they are all but eliminated from the playoffs. He should have been getting C's (and worse) earlier in the year. If killing the team's playoff hopes with his rotations lowers his grade, then last night should have been an F. He's not getting it done. He hasn't been getting it done. He needs to be done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaching is terrible.

Gay and Belinelli careers are pretty much over.

Murray was overpaid and is playing at the same level as expected for a #29 draft pick.

The front office is a complete disaster in that these 3 players are all overpaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad this year's draft class is pure trash. Spurs have no future, even if they do tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Plus, even when Forbes did rotate in time, he was always too small and too unathletic to do anything. "

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it'll be kinda funny if/when pop finally gives up on the season and starts playing the young guys and then the Spurs start winning

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it'll be kinda funny if/when pop finally gives up on the season and starts playing the young guys and then the Spurs start winning
    It will be really funny when pop plays them and you guys beg for the old players back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know it would happen.

Hey those sites that show player combo minutes.
    1. What is the latest stat that at least two of the Young Uns have been on the floor without a pet midget?

2. All 3 Young Uns on the floor without a midget? Like 30 seconds the entire year?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there somewhere the conference standings if the games were played only for 3 quarters?

so many awful Q4s...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad this year's draft class is pure trash. Spurs have no future, even if they do tank.

You realize that this time last year "they" were saying that there was talent at the top of the draft, but not much after that?

You also realize that you're saying that there are no good players in college ball? We don't even know who is declaring at this point.

There's no Zion Williamson. But after the #1 pick, there is no reason to think that this draft will be better or worse than any others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize that this time last year "they" were saying that there was talent at the top of the draft, but not much after that?

You also realize that you're saying that there are no good players in college ball? We don't even know who is declaring at this point.

There's no Zion Williamson. But after the #1 pick, there is no reason to think that this draft will be better or worse than any others.
    There's no clear talent in college basketball. The NCAA Division 1 talent is down this year as a whole.

Last year, we had several high level talents outside of Zion. Ja comes to mind. Darius Garland. RJ Barrett. Hachimura. Jaxson Hayes. This year, outside of Wiseman, there's really nothing. God damn Tyrese Halliburton is projected a top 5/lottery pick, and they're saying he'd be a second rounder last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no clear talent in college basketball. The NCAA Division 1 talent is down this year as a whole.

Last year, we had several high level talents outside of Zion. Ja comes to mind. Darius Garland. RJ Barrett. Hachimura. Jaxson Hayes. This year, outside of Wiseman, there's really nothing. God damn Tyrese Halliburton is projected a top 5/lottery pick, and they're saying he'd be a second rounder last year.

Look, I'm not going to argue with you. People will believe me or not. We'll see on draft night. But Seth Greenberg is a well known college basketball analyst. This time last year he did an interview and said stuff like this:
    "Greenberg said of the 6-8 Williamson, “I don’t think he’s a no-doubt-about-it" [#1 pick].

“This is not a good draft. It really isn’t. In this draft, you probably do [take Zion No. 1]. He’s fun to watch, explosive and doing things we haven’t seen in a long time. But I grew up watching Dr. J. I don’t get excited about dunks.”

Greenberg listed his Zion concerns, saying, “When does a guy like that not have a pull-up game? And he isn’t an NBA 3-point shooter yet.

Maybe this year's draft really will be . But deciding that now is just silly. And the idea that there aren't more than a couple of NBA-worthy players in any colleges right now? That's just not worth commenting on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet, for one game, Lyles equalled Bertans' output the whole season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. And don't forget Metu getting some minutes too.
    Let samanic get up and work with timmy one on one every day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there somewhere the conference standings if the games were played only for 3 quarters?

so many awful Q4s...
    And the worst part of this is Popovich not having found a closing unit yet. He just keeps trying and trying so it's impossible for anybody to build up some trust and chemistry in the clutch. Every night the team doesn't know what to do with the game on the line and 4 minutes to play and the closer the end is, the weaker the team feels.

DeJounte Murray isn't playing well at all but if he was the designated PG to take the keys of the team from Tony Parker, why the he isn't in the court in the final minutes? I mean, playing true PG, not giving the ball to DeMarr and spotting a corner. Young players progress by having opportunities and failing. If Murray had been playing PG basketball in the clutch all this season, at this point we would already know if he's able of doing it and help the team to win games or he isn't so he's just another #29 draft pick and the Spurs need an starting PG.

I'd even understand that White had been chosen for this rol so he had been playing as PG every clucth game. But no, that's not the case either.

I thought it was pretty clear by the end of past season that Aldridge and DeRozan wouldn't lead the team to wins regularly in close games so this team needed more for this season. Everything was pointing at DeJounte Murray, I don't understand why the franchise gave up without almost trying.
    Last edited by Coach X; 02-07-2020 at 12:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops rotations are ed plain and simple. White scores 8 straight and Pop pulls him with only 20 minutes logged and finishes with 23 min, it’s crazy I honestly don’t get it.

Pop needs to cut Forbes, Rudy, DeMar, LA, and Mills minutes and give them to DJ, Lonnie, Derrick, Poeltl... even Keldon and Metu. I don’t care how many mistakes they make or if they suck here and there because the teams sucks, Forbes sucks, Pop sucks, the FO sucks, so you might as well play the young guys and see what we actually have going forward with them playing legit minutes.

At the end of the day I rather lose games with the young kids playing all the minutes rather than losing how they’re losing now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops rotations are ed plain and simple. White scores 8 straight and Pop pulls him with only 20 minutes logged and finishes with 23 min, it’s crazy I honestly don’t get it.

Pop needs to cut Forbes, Rudy, DeMar, LA, and Mills minutes and give them to DJ, Lonnie, Derrick, Poeltl... even Keldon and Metu. I don’t care how many mistakes they make or if they suck here and there because the teams sucks, Forbes sucks, Pop sucks, the FO sucks, so you might as well play the young guys and see what we actually have going forward with them playing legit minutes.

At the end of the day I rather lose games with the young kids playing all the minutes rather than losing how they’re losing now.
    qft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is nothing more classic Pop than pulling White in the 4th qtr of a close game after just having scored 8 straight points when the entire offense is struggling.

Please retire already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why was White pulled?

Thread Information