Page 123 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that makes this interesting...right now there are 30 teams and 6 divisions...easy maths, 15 teams per conference, 5 teams per division.

If NBA expands by two teams, each conference will now have 16 teams. So do they split things up into 8 divisions? Or do away with divisions altogether?

How does that affect classic rivalries, playoff tie-breakers, etc?

A lot of logistics still to be worked out here, I'm sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you add two teams that the WC via expansion, then you only send one team East to maintain balanced conferences.
    Expansion in Seattle and Las Vegas would likely require a reshuffling of NBA conferences with two teams presumably joining the Western Conference at a later date. Minnesota and Memphis are the two most eastern Western Conference teams that would seem like ideal candidates to shift conferences if expansion occurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dex, once again did not understand the assignment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dex, once again did not understand the assignment.
    I thought we were discussing whether the report of expansion was credible?

If not, nevermind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we were discussing whether the report of expansion was credible?

If not, nevermind
    haha we are homie and you posted a source quoting the guy who deleted his tweet 30 mins later = not credible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe adding the Timbys east in the central division with bucks bulls and pistons makes a ton of sense geographically but I honestly haven't looked at it deeply yet. Not sure how you would balance off everything. But Vegas or Seattle would replace minny in northwest and it would make sense.

How do you balance off 5 vs 6 teams in divisions?

Anyway interesting rumor. The fact there is a preseason game at climate pledge where it could be announced and then another preseason game right after this in Vegas makes you wonder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha we are homie and you posted a source quoting the guy who deleted his tweet 30 mins later = not credible
    I feel like if it's hit Sports Illustrated, there must be some truth to it...but hard to say with media these days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe adding the Timbys east in the central division with bucks bulls and pistons makes a ton of sense geographically but I honestly haven't looked at it deeply yet. Not sure how you would balance off everything. But Vegas or Seattle would replace minny in northwest and it would make sense.

How do you balance off 5 vs 6 teams in divisions?

Anyway interesting rumor. The fact there is a preseason game at climate pledge where it could be announced and then another preseason game right after this in Vegas makes you wonder.
    Probably either split each conference into either 2 big divisions or 4 small ones....or just get rid of divisions altogether because they are basically pointless at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like if it's hit Sports Illustrated, there must be some truth to it...but hard to say with media these days
    This is why ppl should take a google search to a second or third derivative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expansion in Seattle and Las Vegas would likely require a reshuffling of NBA conferences with two teams presumably joining the Western Conference at a later date. Minnesota and Memphis are the two most eastern Western Conference teams that would seem like ideal candidates to shift conferences if expansion occurs.
    You still only need to move one team from West to East. Each conference would have 16 teams. Moving two just makes a 17/15 imbalance in the other direction

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Seattle and Vegas to the WC, give Memphis to the East. Makes sense to me. Might as well swap the Bucks and Wolves while we're at it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minny's basically by itself in the region in terms of Western teams. Memphis is actually pretty close to other cities like Dallas and NOLA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m reading it’s not an expansion team in Vegas rather the San Antonio Spurs will be moving. Per AP member with confirmed 150k NBA2k VCs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m reading it’s not an expansion team in Vegas rather the San Antonio Spurs will be moving. Per AP member with confirmed 150k NBA2k VCs.
    Pfft....I have like 10000 VCs...

In 2K17 before the fixed the glitches

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I just do spurs myleague and make an accurate save, custom spurs save with some trades to enhance the roster, and custom league expansion save with like Seattle brought back etc.

Made a Vegas outlaws lol. Seattle Supersonics and forced KD back lol. Moved grizz back to Vancouver and sent Sacramento to Memphis lol get it, Memphis Kings? Elvis lives haha

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The owners never once dangled any threats to move the team to Austin. That’s pretty much a fever dream of one particular poster here.
    Nelson Wolfe raised the concern in interviews a few month ago. And I doubt he reads Spurs Talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nelson Wolfe raised the concern in interviews a few month ago. And I doubt he reads Spurs Talk.
    it raised enough of a concern that Holt felt the need to address it with his letter to the fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that they are playing games in Austin (and Mexico) I think raises the question in different circles....it's an easy target.

But I am still in the boat that it's nothing but clickbait. Even during these dark days, San Antonio has cemented itself as one of the major franchises in the NBA and has an incredibly loyal fanbase...everything else is just noise or wishful thinking from people who (for some reason) want the team to move.

Yes, our attendance numbers suck right now...that's what happens when you go from being a 20-year perennial contender to a tanking team. We got spoiled by winning to the point that it was the expectation...now fans aren't looking to go spend good money to watch a team try NOT to win.

It's not going to look any better this year, so don't act surprised.

The fact that the NBA is talking expansion makes it even LESS likely the Spurs get moved, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that they are playing games in Austin (and Mexico) I think raises the question in different circles....it's an easy target.

But I am still in the boat that it's nothing but clickbait. Even during these dark days, San Antonio has cemented itself as one of the major franchises in the NBA and has an incredibly loyal fanbase...everything else is just noise or wishful thinking from people who (for some reason) want the team to move.

Yes, our attendance numbers suck right now...that's what happens when you go from being a 20-year perennial contender to a tanking team. We got spoiled by winning to the point that it was the expectation...now fans aren't looking to go spend good money to watch a team try NOT to win.

It's not going to look any better this year, so don't act surprised.

The fact that the NBA is talking expansion makes it even LESS likely the Spurs get moved, tbh
    They’ve played games in Mexico before, and there isn’t an NBA ready arena in Austin. Not even close. The venue where they are playing is like 9,000 capacity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You still only need to move one team from West to East. Each conference would have 16 teams. Moving two just makes a 17/15 imbalance in the other direction
    Dude I can do basic math. The idea is that Vegas and Seattle are really far out west. Some team will have to move to the eastern conference. Minny or Memphis are the most likely candidates if this happens. (only one moves). You have your 16 / 16 balance that way. No on ever said the NBA was good at geography.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude I can do basic math. The idea is that Vegas and Seattle are really far out west. Some team will have to move to the eastern conference. Minny or Memphis are the most likely candidates if this happens. (only one moves). You have your 16 / 16 balance that way. No on ever said the NBA was good at geography.
    Minny is west of New Orleans and Memphis but is really far away from everyone else. Makes way more sense for them to move and be with the adjacent teams rather than moving teams that are actually pretty close.

Of course, LV is a ty city to expand to if you're concerned about futureproofing. Seattle should be okay, but the league should be looking at the Midwest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ve played games in Mexico before, and there isn’t an NBA ready arena in Austin. Not even close. The venue where they are playing is like 9,000 capacity.
    Wasn't there one in Mexico that got shut down because the stadium nearly caught on fire?

And I agree, Moody Center is not only much smaller than AT&T, but the traffic infrastucture is TERRIBLE. Any event that happens there creates a -show downtown....we'll see how it goes when the Longhorns start playing there regularly but I don't see it supporting 3-4 NBA games a week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not use Erwin Center? I've been out of the region for a while now, are the Longhorns abandoning Erwin for Moody?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not use Erwin Center? I've been out of the region for a while now, are the Longhorns abandoning Erwin for Moody?
    Erwin Center has been closed and is going to be demolished as part of the the site of the new Dell Medical Center.

Moody Center will take over as the home of Longhorns basketball and other events that would have gone to Erwin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max Kleber just got 3yrs/33mm.

Zollins looking like a damn steal.

Thread Information