Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely based on anecdotal evidence. Every hood I’ve been in over the past week, Biden/Harris signs everywhere. Plus, Trump didn’t beat Hillary by much in 2016 and the way voter turnout has been, I just can’t see how that favors Trump in any fashion.
    Trump beat Clinton by 9 points in Texas in 2016, wasn't that close honestly. Going to have to have massive turnout in Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and El Paso tomorrow for there to be any chance IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Trump beat Clinton by 9 points in Texas in 2016, wasn't that close honestly. Going to have to have massive turnout in Houston, Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio tomorrow for there to be any chance IMO.
    Don’t you think the early voting turnout is massive enough?

Also, I should note that I’ve been wrong more than I’ve been right in the past five presidential elections

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many secret Biden voters.

I have a brewing theory that many people aren't being outspoken about supporting Biden because of the many implications that brings plus they dont want to be associated with voting for a weak and frail old man.

That false narrative Trump has employed makes a lot of conservatives shy about saying they support him. That's what I think anyways.
    The reason I'm calling Texas blue this cycle is purely based on the ex/suburb trends. Trump was compe ive/won them and Beto flipped em heavily.

Hays county, Trump won by 1 point and Beto beat Cruz by 15

Tarrant was +9 Trump +1 Beto

Denton +20 Trump Cruz +8

Collin Trump +16 Cruz +6

We're talking 10 point shifts in these 2nd tier population centers and the trend will continue this year with a historically terrible Dennison and a pandemic

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t you think the early voting turnout is massive enough?

Also, I should note that I’ve been wrong more than I’ve been right in the past five presidential elections
    No, I don't. The enthusiasm for Trump is enormous in Texas from what I have seen. I'd love to see Texas go blue but I strongly doubt I'll see it until the boomers are no longer much of a force in voting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think if Trump loses Texas he can still win?
    Of course not. The only question is if the Republican party doesn't go the way of the Whigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splits, let's make this interesting... I'll match your $250 and we'll make this $500. PM me your paypal info.
    Deal.

Not many contestants thus far. Can you give Kori a call and ask her to update the thread le?

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    No, I don't. The enthusiasm for Trump is enormous in Texas from what I have seen. I'd love to see Texas go blue but I strongly doubt I'll see it until the boomers are no longer much of a force in voting.
    You’re prolly right. I just see so much excitement and anticipation from 20-30 year olds this time. Certainly a lot more then in previous elections so I’m inclined to think they can make up for it.

However, I’ve underestimated rednecks before soooo.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deal.

Not many contestants thus far. Can you give Kori a call and ask her to update the thread le?
    I'll send timvp and Kori Ellis a PM...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deal.

PM me your info. I'll send you the $250 and you can pay out the whole thing.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PM me your info. I'll send you the $250 and you can pay out the whole thing.
    No payment if nobody does it with pinpoint accuracy. You should just hold onto your money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No payment if nobody does it with pinpoint accuracy. You should just hold onto your money.
    If Splits gets $250, he gets it. Nice of him to make this thread, tbh

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp making rules for someone donating.
    Makes sense...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or we can do another prognostication, tbh... I'm sure there's going to be all sorts of questions from here to January

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably be best to ring the landline this time of day, with the kids and all. PM me if you lost the number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or we can do another prognostication, tbh... I'm sure there's going to be all sorts of questions from here to January
    We could do a 2nd version of this thread with a guaranteed payout, i.e. who gets the closest ECV map.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many signs point in Biden's favor for Texas but I still can't bring myself to even hope for it, because it's Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably be best to ring the landline this time of day, with the kids and all. PM me if you lost the number.
    I don't have the # and I never called them... you go ahead an ring them up if you want to. Updating the OP might just be enough.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I’ll add my prediction later today. I’m really struggling with Texas and Iowa.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Just the fact that we’re debating Texas is incredible to me.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp making rules for someone donating.
    Makes sense...
    Paypal has fees for sending money back and forth. Don't be too triggered, Less Than Blake.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't. They're red.

But put blue. it'll be better for later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently there was some strange wording in the Selzer poll which may have skewed the early voter results. If I had a do over from my OP I'd probably turn Iowa blue but really struggling with Ohio... I think Dennison hangs on there for some reason. Texas is blue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many signs point in Biden's favor for Texas but I still can't bring myself to even hope for it, because it's Texas.
    You probably live in a neighborhood like mine. Trump signs rule.
    But at the early voting, the Trump crazies walking behind the sacred zone were getting zero thumbs up, people were looking away.
    And there were more people of all shades of skin color than I have ever seen. Not just a bunch of old white guys.

but yeah, Im in San Antonio, not the rich burbs of Dallas.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Apparently there was some strange wording in the Selzer poll which may have skewed the early voter results. If I had a do over from my OP I'd probably turn Iowa blue but really struggling with Ohio... I think Dennison hangs on there for some reason. Texas is blue.
    Yeah Ohio is one of the few states where demographics have shifted in favor of Republicans in the last 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump beat Clinton by 9 points in Texas in 2016, wasn't that close honestly. Going to have to have massive turnout in Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and El Paso tomorrow for there to be any chance IMO.
    My wife did not vote in 2016 saying her vote would not matter.
    You did the same, or implied the same IIRC?

Thread Information