Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also lol, Pearlman's book said Kareem chased es at The Forum Club too, he wasn't just going home being Good Jungle Fever Muslim after the games.
    Never said he didn’t chase women…
    Kobe didn’t party with Shaq Fox etc and still was chasing women

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hol le chit.
    It got within 2!

97 Lakers
    95 Sixers and then a super greasy bounce gave Chones the hook shot for +4 again.

103 Lakers
    101 Sixers with the ball! Nix missed and they never got close again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ep 10 Promised land.

What a joke. Why not just show how the Lakers really won the game with Magic having the game of his life? What could make a better Laker Winning story then what really happened?
    Instead the bull super close 4th quarter and last minute shot 1 point win. Dissing Dr. J too with some fantacy dunk over him.

Reality?
    Lakers 123
    Sixers 107
    The scoreboard actually showed 123-107
    I’m still trying to figure out how it went from being a close game down the stretch to double digit lead

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The scoreboard actually showed 123-107
    I’m still trying to figure out how it went from being a close game down the stretch to double digit lead
    It's what actually happened in the real game though. Philly started turning the ball over, jacking up terrible threes, giving up three point plays, they just completely fell apart at the end of that game. Like Mul roll said, it was actually 103-101 with 5 minutes left so the show lied a bit (they had it 104-103 with 3 minutes left). Was surprised that nasty foul on Michael Cooper was real though went I went back and watched the actual game. It happened a little earlier but they had to use smelling salts to wake him after Darryl Dawkins knocked him right into the floor. Though Magic was doing a moving screen that might have knocked Dawkins off balance and into Cooper on that play. But it was as ugly a hit as it looked on the show, like McHale on Rambis or Rodman on Pippen bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's what actually happened in the real game though. Philly started turning the ball over, jacking up terrible threes, giving up three point plays, they just completely fell apart at the end of that game. Like Mul roll said, it was actually 103-101 with 5 minutes left so the show lied a bit (they had it 104-103 with 3 minutes left). Was surprised that nasty foul on Michael Cooper was real though went I went back and watched the actual game. It happened a little earlier but they had to use smelling salts to wake him after Darryl Dawkins knocked him right into the floor. Though Magic was doing a moving screen that might have knocked Dawkins off balance and into Cooper on that play. But it was as ugly a hit as it looked on the show, like McHale on Rambis or Rodman on Pippen bad.
    ah ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season 2 start date unknown at this time.
    How many more seasons? If this keeps pulling ratings, Barnes says they could go all the way into the 1990s and beyond to Shaq and Kome.

'Winning Time' Season 2: Everything To Know About the HBO Series (newsweek.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season 2 start date unknown at this time.
    How many more seasons? If this keeps pulling ratings, Barnes says they could go all the way into the 1990s and beyond to Shaq and Kome.

'Winning Time' Season 2: Everything To Know About the HBO Series (newsweek.com)
    I hope they don't go straight to the Shaq-Kobe era

I want to see Adrian Brody as the head coach, in the last few episodes his Riley mannerisms were on point; I also want to see how they are going to dramatize the Riley-Lakers messy divorce

Tragic conveniently didn't go much into details on that topic in his ty Apple TV show

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they don't go straight to the Shaq-Kobe era
    Noo.
    Even if that happens it appears the Snaq Kome era by Winnin Time Continued would be years down the road.

"There's so much stuff that happens in between—like a Shakespearean tragedy. With the players, there's the Larry Bird-Magic Johnson rivalry, the Celtic-Laker rivalry, we've got a lot more story to tell."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was funny in Episode 10 watching Fredo get faced while being completely ignorant about basketball. If only this show continued on to the 2012-13 season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will shine Kobe in the best light now he’s dead. Shaq, mvpau, KFC, Kwame, smush, snitch et all will be dragged through the mud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has the story leaked yet why this show hates Westhead so much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has the story leaked yet why this show hates Westhead so much?
    Easy target since he did eventually end up in over his head and the players hated him the next season? They really do make him look like though and elevate Haywood like Westhead was just being a to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some good takes from Paul Westhead here:
    Video interview: (at time of interview only 1 ep of Winnin Time had played, thus no comments on the insecure high anxiety spin that Winnin Time fabricates.)
    Link:
    Winning Time, Coach Paul Westhead and The True Story: The Dr Brian McDonough Show - Bing video

Cliffs:
    Did not slow down the fast break, rather comments that Magic was def not recovered from his knee injury in 1981. Infers that he himself (Westhead) wanted to keep the fast break going and ic was having problems because of his injury.

Riley: Way ahead of his time with video prep for strategy and games.

Notes that he must be one of the only coaches in any sport to be fired after winning 5 games in a row.

West: never saw the Angry Bird portrayal HBO makes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy target since he did eventually end up in over his head and the players hated him the next season? They really do make him look like though and elevate Haywood like Westhead was just being a to him.
    I'm all ears. Above video has me questioning how many players hated him or if it was simply Magic who got Westhead ousted.

Westhead addresses in part the Haywood issue and said it was basically all season long he was a problem.

Also Westhead said the coaching part of the team was rather easy, the agents wanting special treatment for players was a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all ears. Above video has me questioning how many players hated him or if it was simply Magic who got Westhead ousted.
    Not according to Pearlman, said Westhead was pissing the team off changing the offense at the beginning of the 80-81 season long before Magic got hurt. Think I'd take his word as more unbiased than Westhead's.

Westhead addresses in part the Haywood issue and said it was basically all season long he was a problem.
    Pearlman says the same and that Westhead got the players' respect by benching Haywood. Funny thing is Haywood thought he was another star on the team to the point he changed his number from 24 to 31 so he could form a big three with Haywood 31, Magic 32, Kareem 33. Still thought he was the dominant player he was in Seattle and not the up druggie he was on the Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sunday, August 6th 2023.

S2 Ep 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S2 E1

Credit the writers for not making too much flowery Laker propaganda to start season 2.
    80-81 ics injured knee.
    Did he return too soon as Westhead suggests?

Liked how the Johnson parents stepped up and told Magic any ideas of being an absentee father to known bio baby #1 Andre, he could shove right up his ass. Kudos. In fact ic was going to try to buy her silence as egged on by his biz manager and skanky female lawyer per the show. Wonder how much of that was fabricated?

Also looks like they are not going to gloss over 1984. The ep lays a good foundation and looks like next ep will continue to show the downfall in 84. You know that's all about winning in 1985 after Bird breaks his hand and back. But still at least they acknowledge 84.

Cookie is a mystery to me. Did she actually love his arrogant ass or was she just along for the mega bucks?

Assuming the next couple eps will also show a good portion of 1982s Champ year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funniest part of Pearlman's book was the Lakers were begging Ralph Sampson to declare for the 1982 draft so they could replace Kareem with him since they had the #1 pick. But Sampson said no. Same happened in the 1980 draft when the Celtics had the #1 pick and were begging Sampson to declare. When he didn't they traded the pick to Golden State for Robert Parish and the #3 pick (Kevin McHale) and Golden State took scrub ass Joe Barry Carroll.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funniest part of Pearlman's book was the Lakers were begging Ralph Sampson to declare for the 1982 draft so they could replace Kareem with him since they had the #1 pick. But Sampson said no. Same happened in the 1980 draft when the Celtics had the #1 pick and were begging Sampson to declare. When he didn't they traded the pick to Golden State for Robert Parish and the #3 pick (Kevin McHale) and Golden State took scrub ass Joe Barry Carroll.
    Joe Barely Cares . . . funny how teams thought back then. As if Sampson couldn't have started at the four in that era (which of course he ended up doing anyway) or Drexler couldn't have started at the three (Bowie over Jordan).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Barely Cares . . . funny how teams thought back then. As if Sampson couldn't have started at the four in that era (which of course he ended up doing anyway) or Drexler couldn't have started at the three (Bowie over Jordan).
    Drafting Bowie made sense as he was healthy at the moment and they had Cluds, and while he was no Hakeem, he was a good center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Older Jabbar had more longevity than Sampson, Lakers dodged a bullet.
    Sure the twin towers destroyed L.A in 86, but after that Ralph’s career went downhill because of injuries.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting Bowie made sense as he was healthy at the moment and they had Cluds, and while he was no Hakeem, he was a good center.
    I'm not necessarily debating that and don't know who "Cluds" is (Thompson?), I'm just saying many have claimed over the years that they went Bowie at least in part because Jordan "played the same position" as Drexler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowie had missed two seasons at Kentucky, no way I would have drafted him #2. Though he lied and said he wasn't having knee pain. But they could have taken Perkins or Barkley if they were determined to land a big over Jordan since they already had Drexler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Older Jabbar had more longevity than Sampson, Lakers dodged a bullet.
    Sure the twin towers destroyed L.A in 86, but after that Ralph’s career went downhill because of injuries.
    Always wonder what Sampson's career would have been like had he declared in 82 and gone to the Lakers. That would have been the perfect situation for him and played to all the strengths in his game without beating him up down low. By 86 the players wanted Kareem out because he couldn't run with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not necessarily debating that and don't know who "Cluds" is (Thompson?), I'm just saying many have claimed over the years that they went Bowie at least in part because Jordan "played the same position" as Drexler.
    wtf I meant Clyde

Thread Information