Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long until Cuckarthy needs Dem votes to pass a debt ceiling increase?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As fast as calf-tats repeatedly says he DGAF about what anyone is saying in several threads, tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows he's gone the second he passes it, and he'll pass it because not doing so would cost a lot of rich people a lot of money. And also harm everyone else, but the republicans only care about the millionaires and billionaires that would be hurt a little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Secret deal to blow up the US government. That was a stated HFC intention originally, iirc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's a lot of time to fill between now and the next election. no question he'll fold, but after how long, who knows?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    the very first bill the GOP house passed this year is a bill that would add over $100 billion to the national debt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should try make this thread go 10 pages to see how long it takes for a conservative to post in it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And at page 10 see what % of posts overall are by conservatives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, btw..

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And Obama’s first term was almost entirely a function of him inheriting GWB’s show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Obama’s first term was almost entirely a function of him inheriting GWB’s show.
    while normalizing gwb's extraordinary natsec powers and official secrecy. kept gwb's secdef, Bob Gates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while normalizing gwb's extraordinary natsec powers and official secrecy. kept gwb's secdef, Bob Gates.
    Can you put a jacket over your disgusting hate boner for obama? Its kinda gross to look at

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you put a jacket over your disgusting hate boner for obama? Its kinda gross to look at
    I don't hate Obama, but I do admire him for what he was, a capable, clear-minded, center-right caretaker of power during a turbulent period of transition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not many presidents keep the previous secdef. Would be practically unthinkable now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The debt obviously matters, but there isn't a damn thing the house can effectively do at this point with the senate and presidency in democratic hands.. McCarthy got blackmailed into "trying" but it won't go anywhere.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don’t hate Obama but keeping GWB’s defense Secretary after how the country’s revolt against GWB’s natsec policy was a big part of what propelled Obama’s 2008 landslide is an L. Obama had a clear mandate to reverse course on GWB’s foreign policy that he mostly ignored.

Based Biden OTOH ended the war in Afghanistan knowing how unfairly the media would attack him over it (Jake Tapper has never seen a war he doesn’t think the US shouldn’t intervene in) because he knew it was the right thing to do regardless of the political cost.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The debt obviously matters, but there isn't a damn thing the house can effectively do at this point with the senate and presidency in democratic hands.. McCarthy got blackmailed into "trying" but it won't go anywhere.
    yeah and when the GOP had full control of government, they prioritized a tax giveaway for the rich that added 2 trillion dollars to the national debt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama reportedly bragged (this is from Tim Geithner, I think) in the 2009 meeting with the bankers that he was the only thing standing between them and the pitchforks. In the end, Obama and an active Fed delivered.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The notion that there’s nothing the house GOP can do to reduce the deficit now is hogwash. If the house GOP passed any of the following deficit reducing measures, they would have support from 50 out of 51 senate Dems as well as Biden:

- roll back Trump’s tax cuts
    - close the carried interest loophole
    - close the stepped up basis loophole
    - allow Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices with no restrictions
    - uncap the social security tax for wages over $140k

These would all reduce the deficit at essentially no cost to the median American, but we all know why the house GOP wouldn’t so much as entertain let alone support any of these measures.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah and when the GOP had full control of government, they prioritized a tax giveaway for the rich that added 2 trillion dollars to the national debt
    I didn't say they were any better. Just commenting on the politics. The debt will be y'alls problem. I suspect the "democracy" experiment won't last another 200 years.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Relevant to this thread:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The notion that there’s nothing the house GOP can do to reduce the deficit now is hogwash. If the house GOP passed any of the following deficit reducing measures, they would have support from 50 out of 51 senate Dems as well as Biden:

- roll back Trump’s tax cuts
    - close the carried interest loophole
    - close the stepped up basis loophole
    - allow Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices with no restrictions
    - uncap the social security tax for wages over $140k

These would all reduce the deficit at essentially no cost to the median American, but we all know why the house GOP wouldn’t so much as entertain let alone support any of these measures.
    It would actually be a boon/stimulus to the median American. Especially the tax cuts that had a poison pill for middle/lower class America, and the prescription drug negotiation...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All the Republican house ever wants to do is pass tax cuts that do jack for our economy. LOL putting trillions on the deficit just so corporations can buy back more stock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say they were any better.
    You were just whining that the senate won't go along with cutting social security and medicare while keeping the fire hose of welfare to the military industrial complex running full blast like the house wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were just whining that the senate won't go along with cutting social security and medicare while keeping the fire hose of welfare to the military industrial complex running full blast like the house wants.
    I wasn't whining. It was a statement of fact. Neither party has an answer to deficits. Its a disease that has been building for 30+ years.

Thread Information