mr potato head
    pe pe le pew
    mrs jemmima syrup
    burger king

u left people r sensitive & need a life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You had to start a thread about this because of how sensitive you are over the brand name of a potato toy line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the listed still exist, none of the brands has been cancelled. What happened was, some of the content of those brands was no longer in line with community standards and those brands' money-making plans.

The criticism and the changes mean that the market spoke and businesses listened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...acklash-begins

The Dixie Chicks backlash begins
    In response to the critical comments made about him by Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines in the run-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, President George W. Bush offered this response: “The Dixie Chicks are free to speak their mind. They can say what they want to say.” Of the backlash the Dixie Chicks were then facing within the world of country music, President Bush added: “They shouldn’t have their feelings hurt just because some people don’t want to buy their records when they speak out.” This music-related sideshow to the biggest international news story of the year began on March 12, 2003, when the British newspaper The Guardian published its review of a Dixie Chicks concert at the Shepherd’s Bush Empire in London two nights earlier.

In that review, The Guardian‘sBetty Clarke included the following line: “‘Just so you know,’ says singer Natalie Maines, ‘We’re ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas.'” (Clarke left out the middle of the full quotation, which was, “Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence. And we’re ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas.”) That line quickly became fodder for a grassroots anti-Dixie Chicks backlash. It began with thousands of phone calls flooding country-music radio stations from Denver to Nashville—calls demanding that the Dixie Chicks be removed from the stations’ playlists. Soon some of those same stations were calling for a boycott of the recent Dixie Chicks’ album and of their upcoming U.S. tour. Fellow country star Toby Keith famously joined the fray by performing in front of a backdrop that featured a gigantic image of Natalie Maines beside Saddam Hussein.

The economic and emotional impact of all this on the members of the Dixie Chicks is do ented in the 2006 do entary Dixie Chicks: Shut Up and Sing. In its opening sequence, one can see how popular and how far from controversial the Dixie Chicks were just prior to this controversy, when they sang the national anthem at the 2003 Super Bowl. The film also captures a scene in which the Dixie Chicks’ own media handler is counseling Maines not to speak her mind too openly about President Bush in an upcoming interview with Diane Sawyer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You had to start a thread about this because of how sensitive you are over the brand name of a potato toy line
    He is very very concerned about a plastic potato penis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Social mores change over time. Candid bigotry and racism are no longer socially respectable, nor are they meekly tolerated.

For all of y'all who resent the social opprobrium that attaches to bigoted actions and words, no one has cancelled you, they just think you're an asshole.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Left cancel culture goes too far. Borderline insanity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one on the left called for anything of these things to be "cancelled" these were all decisions those companies made, i guarantee you that you cant produce me a single article of someone whining about it (that isnt some weird blog on tumblr or something) before the companies made those choices. the constant reporting on this kinda nonsense is exactly what dummies like yourself get up in arms over, so no surprise the media is pushing this nonsense like anyone actually cares just to further divide people.

btw - Lola bunny was never cancelled they just drew her less buxomy. if you get upset because you cant fap over a cartoon rabbit then something is wrong with you

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    no one on the left called for anything of these things to be "cancelled" these were all decisions those companies made, i guarantee you that you cant produce me a single article of someone whining about it (that isnt some weird blog on tumblr or something) before the companies made those choices. the constant reporting on this kinda nonsense is exactly what dummies like yourself get up in arms over, so no surprise the media is pushing this nonsense like anyone actually cares just to further divide people.

btw - Lola bunny was never cancelled they just drew her less buxomy. if you get upset because you cant fap over a cartoon rabbit then something is wrong with you
    But they call for things like that: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-54529836

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Social mores change over time. Candid bigotry and racism are no longer socially respectable, nor are they meekly tolerated.

For all of y'all who resent the social opprobrium that attaches to bigoted actions and words, no one has cancelled you, they just think you're an asshole.
    Just a matter of time before they replace/cancel the new stuff too

This is why immigrants have stopped integrating. It is pointless because the standard continues to shift at a daily basis. I don't think Muslims living in America even acknowledge this culture.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another cartoon bunny fapper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno... Utah canceled Democracy back in 2011, don't recall the big drama back then, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, let's talk about Utah in 2011 instead of the thread topic...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really haven't talked about a thread topic yet using this alt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're talking about the thread topic...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    INB4 Derp cries about self canceling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^shook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you cry about self canceling and why call your crying about it in advance, derp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you've been crying about every form of canceling for a while now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the listed still exist, none of the brands has been cancelled. What happened was, some of the content of those brands was no longer in line with community standards and those brands' money-making plans.

The criticism and the changes mean that the market spoke and businesses listened.
    Nah you're just a weak thinking individual is all and you love stepping in line with the hivemind. You can't fool any of us you male feminist sjw loser.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gots going after Mumford & Sons now

Make Banjos Great Again!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gots going after Mumford & Sons now

Make Banjos Great Again!
    I mean, he's not brave at all.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh no please don't cancel Mumford and Sons

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    First they came for Mumford and Sons and I said nothing.
    Then they came for Imagine Dragons, and still I said nothing.
    Then they came for The Lumineers.
    And it was fine. Things were fine.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Republican admits Republican voters are uninformed idiots.

Thread Information