Page 85 of 101 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2513
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix remains a likely party, after Saric is out and with the belief that they have a championship window still open, but the salaries don't match. Maybe both teams are fishing around for a third party.
    Add Smith and a top 20 protected '23 1st ('22 is out because of the Shamet trade) and problem solved.

The holdup could be something like aggregating Eubanks, which can't happen for 2 months after Young was traded for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone explain to me why Primo (in his first year) is making $3,946,800 and Samanic (in his third year) is making $2,959,080?

I'm not criticizing the outcome, I think Primo will likely be the better player, but I'm curious about the why.

Both were first round draft picks (Sam #19 and Primo #12) but Primo is a rookie and Samanic is a third-year guy.

Is the slotted salary between the 12 and the 19 pick really that great? Even after two years of experience by the #19 guy?

What other explanation could there possibly be but the difference in the preset salaries between #12 in 2021 and #19 in 2019?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone explain to me why Primo (in his first year) is making $3,946,800 and Samanic (in his third year) is making $2,959,080?

I'm not criticizing the outcome, I think Primo will likely be the better player, but I'm curious about the why.

Both were first round draft picks (Sam #19 and Primo #12) but Primo is a rookie and Samanic is a third-year guy.

Is the slotted salary between the 12 and the 19 pick really that great? Even after two years of experience by the #19 guy?

What other explanation could there possibly be but the difference in the preset salaries between #12 in 2021 and #19 in 2019?
    Isn't the No. 1 pick's contract earnings something like $40M? Certainly believable that the difference in rookie contracts starts scaling up more, the more you get close to the top lottery picks. Take into account that Primo was an actual lottery pick, and Luka wasn't, too. I'm sure there's some chart around the Internet with the pre-set salaries for all four years of first round picks for a given year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The difference, 7 picks, is almost 25% of the first round. Not surprising there would be a noticeable difference in salary structure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can see all the first round draft pick salaries here:

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale
    Last edited by Jsmythe; 08-18-2021 at 05:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add Smith and a top 20 protected '23 1st ('22 is out because of the Shamet trade) and problem solved.

The holdup could be something like aggregating Eubanks, which can't happen for 2 months after Young was traded for.
    I wouldn't want Jalen Smith and I don't think the Spurs do either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want Jalen Smith and I don't think the Spurs do either.
    It wouldn't really be about him, but it's not like it'd hurt to take a flier on him either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn't really be about him, but it's not like it'd hurt to take a flier on him either.
    The team already has 3-4 centers better than him. He'd be deadweight salary. I wouldn't consider it a good trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team already has 3-4 centers better than him. He'd be deadweight salary. I wouldn't consider it a good trade.
    I tend to agree. Think I’d rather have Sarics salary and the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to agree. Think I’d rather have Sarics salary and the pick.
    That doesn't match though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if we didn't know it already, it has been informed to the press that the Spurs are looking to trade him.

Getting some more picks for Simmons

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gross

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Spurs were open to discussing Dejounte Murray, Lonnie Walker IV in a deal for Sixers' Ben Simmons

https://www.kens5.com/article/sports...4-b43f09348164

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People still hung up on Simmons like there’s any chance of it happening?

reminds me of when people had a hard on for Kai Jones or John Collins… good old days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People still hung up on Simmons like there’s any chance of it happening?

reminds me of when people had a hard on for Kai Jones or John Collins… good old days
    I'm just posting news I find, don't shoot the messenger. I don't think it's worth selling the farm or even a couple cows over a player with character issues who would likely force his way out of San Antonio at the first opportunity.

Seems like a recipe for Kawhi 2.0 without the talent.
    Last edited by Dex; 08-19-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes let's close this thread. 1st 76ers won't be interested our offer. Secondly, we don't want a non-shooting point guard (or point forward whatever) anyway. Murray is improving each year and ready to be an all star. I don't mind trading him. But not for Ben Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes let's close this thread. 1st 76ers won't be interested our offer. Secondly, we don't want a non-shooting point guard (or point forward whatever) anyway. Murray is improving each year and ready to be an all star. I don't mind trading him. But not for Ben Simmons.
    Sixers would take a decent deal and run at this point. There's no market for Ben Simmons. He's a prima donna malcontent who doesn't work hard and just swans through games. He also thinks he can dictate where he's going to be traded to. No good team wants him at this point.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just posting news I find, don't shoot the messenger. I don't think it's worth selling the farm or even a couple cows over a player with character issues who would likely force his way out of San Antonio at the first opportunity.

Seems like a recipe for Kawhi 2.0 without the talent.
    When you trade for a player who is willing to force his way off a team, you get a player who is willing to force his way off a team. Buyer beware.

That said, AD and PG forced their way out but the Pelicans and Thunder managed to get good hauls, all things considered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you trade for a player who is willing to force his way off a team, you get a player who is willing to force his way off a team. Buyer beware.

That said, AD and PG forced their way out but the Pelicans and Thunder managed to get good hauls, all things considered.
    I guess the hope there would be that Chip could somewhat fix his shot, Ben could show he is a team player...and then get a good return on him when he is traded?

Not outside the realm of possibility...but still seems like a long-shot.

Then again, the Spurs may be forced to take some long-shots at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers would take a decent deal and run at this point. There's no market for Ben Simmons. He's a prima donna malcontent who doesn't work hard and just swans through games. He also thinks he can dictate where he's going to be traded to. No good team wants him at this point.
    Yes, but he wins wherever he goes. His one year at LSU, he led his team to a pretty deep NCAA run, right?

In fact, the last No. 1 draft pick to lead his college team to such great success was Markelle Fultz in 2017 at Washington (9-22). (Also drafted by the Sixers.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me wants them to trade for him just to see the immediate and inevitable about face/180 from the apologists and homers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me wants them to trade for him just to see the immediate and inevitable about face/180 from the apologists and homers.
    I won't. If they traded for him, it would be an incredibly stupid move and would have terrible effects down the road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel free to drop the out of this thread if the discussion isn’t to your liking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't. If they traded for him, it would be an incredibly stupid move and would have terrible effects down the road.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel free to drop the out of this thread if the discussion isn’t to your liking.
    Please be respectful. You have been behaving like a decent man. I meant "close this topic". Sometime people have language barrier or type in a hurry. Please be considerate.

Thread Information