Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm trading for Simmons then I'm thinking who fits with him.

Vassell
    Walker
    White
    Landale
    Smith
    Forbes
    McDermott

I would want to keep as many of them to surround Simmons moving forward.

As for those who don't fit
    Poeltl
    Young
    Murray

At a lesser extent
    Johnson
    Aminu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people thinking Simmons distancing himself from the team is a red flag. The team isn't holding off on a trade in an attempt to reconcile. They're doing so in an attempt to get more value. So now they're just wasting everyone's time. It's better for the team if he doesn't come to the workout program is he's definitely not going to be on the team next year. That's a needless distraction. This would be like looking at the end of the Butler era in Philly and thinking "That's how the two sides should've handled this".
    I agree. Everyone knows Morey is waiting for Lillard or Beal, however, Simmons doesn't want to be in Portland or Washington. That's why he's pushing them to make a deal to a destination he likes sooner rather than later. We'll see who blinks first, it's an interesting drama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm trading for Simmons then I'm thinking who fits with him.

You don't think Simmons could run the pick and roll with Poeltl? If White can, why not Simmons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't think Simmons could run the pick and roll with Poeltl? If White can, why not Simmons?
    Simmons-Poeltl pick and roll can be easily guarded even by injured players because both don't have a good mid range shot. All their options would be too predictable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't run PnR with two non shooters. Both defenders would sag into the paint preventing penetration and allowing everyone else to stick to the shooters without the need to help.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Everyone knows Morey is waiting for Lillard or Beal, however, Simmons doesn't want to be in Portland or Washington. That's why he's pushing them to make a deal to a destination he likes sooner rather than later. We'll see who blinks first, it's an interesting drama.
    I don't think Simmons not wanting Portland or Washington is that big of a factor. I think Lillard nor Beal asking for a trade is the big factor. Morey is in a position where its almost impossible to wait much longer. I just don't see many options for them...I mean he could probably get Russell from Minny or Fox from Sacramento but I'm not sure if that's more attractive than what we could offer. They might offer more picks than we'd be willing to include and get him but I think Morey is down to the packages from those teams unless there's a dark horse that hasn't been mentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Simmons not wanting Portland or Washington is that big of a factor. I think Lillard nor Beal asking for a trade is the big factor. Morey is in a position where its almost impossible to wait much longer. I just don't see many options for them...I mean he could probably get Russell from Minny or Fox from Sacramento but I'm not sure if that's more attractive than what we could offer. They might offer more picks than we'd be willing to include and get him but I think Morey is down to the packages from those teams unless there's a dark horse that hasn't been mentioned.
    Fox is allegedly off the table for Sacto.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not getting either Russell or Fox. Morey is bent over the table, he's not gonna get .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not getting either Russell or Fox. Morey is bent over the table, he's not gonna get .
    If that's the case...we can put the best offer on the table if we choose too.... I'd be nice to bend another team over for a change...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just fund it rich that Morey keeps finding himself in the position of having to trade the team's superstar PG.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just fund it rich that Morey keeps finding himself in the position of having to trade the team's superstar PG.
    I still don't understand why everyone keeps insisting that Simmons is a PG?
    Btw, @ superstar.

Which modern NBA guard skills does he have?
    He does absolutely nothing with the ball in half-court offense.
    Someone who's not a threat as PNR ballhandler can't be called a PG.

I was intrigued at first, but after all these reports the only guy I'd trade for him is Bryn. And I'd trade Bryn for Luol Deng's rotting corpse.

Locker-room cancer who'll never improve. The best outcome for everyone is if he joins Minnesota and does his "young socialite" there. Irrelevant player perfect for irrelevant franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    simmons desire to wind up on a cali team is somewhat hampered by the cap restraints and limited assets that the lakers and clippers have so it would really come down to what GS would be willing to send off to get him. if GS wants to hold on to their younger talent, simmons will have to open up to the idea of playing in other markets. but i still don't want him for what he would cost the spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    simmons desire to wind up on a cali team is somewhat hampered by the cap restraints and limited assets that the lakers and clippers have so it would really come down to what GS would be willing to send off to get him. if GS wants to hold on to their younger talent, simmons will have to open up to the idea of playing in other markets. but i still don't want him for what he would cost the spurs.
    I don’t know how Golden State can make it work. They would have to not only give enough of a package for Simmons with their young players + picks, but on top of that the only trade piece that makes the numbers work (they’re not trading Curry/Thompson/Green, though could surprise me on the third) is Wiggins. And they’ll have to fork additional assets to someone to take on Wiggins.

Is Wiseman + Kuminga + Moody + Poole enough to get Simmons plus move out Wiggins? And does that kind of package give Philly what it wants to compete during Embiid’s core?

A Warriors deal will almost certainly involve a third or even fourth team. The Spurs should be all over it to facilitate + ac ulate more assets.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know how Golden State can make it work. They would have to not only give enough of a package for Simmons with their young players + picks, but on top of that the only trade piece that makes the numbers work (they’re not trading Curry/Thompson/Green, though could surprise me on the third) is Wiggins. And they’ll have to fork additional assets to someone to take on Wiggins.

Is Wiseman + Kuminga + Moody + Poole enough to get Simmons plus move out Wiggins? And does that kind of package give Philly what it wants to compete during Embiid’s core?

A Warriors deal will almost certainly involve a third or even fourth team. The Spurs should be all over it to facilitate + ac ulate more assets.
    Morey is asking for the world, but wouldn't Golden State only have to bid higher than Sacramento, which likely offers Hield, Haliburton and one or two picks. If non-California teams are scared off of Simmons/Paul's geographic preferences, then it's basically a matter of Oakland vs. Sacramento. I'd imagine Sacramento opens with one pick in its offer before up-bidding.

I can't see Green and Simmons working together, but, like you, it's hard to see Golden State including Green in a package. Wiggins, Wiseman, Moody, and a first? I'd rather have the Sacramento deal, I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just FYI, GS was allegedly shopping Green last deadline, and had no takers. I don’t think they’d have a problem with him being a trade piece. Kerr was just done with his ass when he was in the process of running off Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People keep acting like Simmons or even Paul are reported to have said Simmons is only willing to go to California. That's not what actually happened. He may prefer Cali, but that whole news came from a beat reporter saying a "source" told him that. That could be entirely true, but it could also be the reporter getting something wrong or confusing a member of an entourage saying something with a real trade demand.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People keep acting like Simmons or even Paul are reported to have said Simmons is only willing to go to California. That's not what actually happened. He may prefer Cali, but that whole news came from a beat reporter saying a "source" told him that. That could be entirely true, but it could also be the reporter getting something wrong or confusing a member of an entourage saying something with a real trade demand.
    This is fair. But even if this is the case, it will cool some non-California teams to him. Increases the risk profile.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just FYI, GS was allegedly shopping Green last deadline, and had no takers. I don’t think they’d have a problem with him being a trade piece. Kerr was just done with his ass when he was in the process of running off Durant.
    I had forgotten this. It's hard to know how much of this was rumor vs. fact, but this was in the air.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte is a klutch client. So he’s not going to be part of a trade that sends him to Philly (Rich Paul seems to want his guys out of Philly (ie, Maxey). Can you imagine how ty of a lineup that features both Simmons and Murray would be? The Spurs would struggle to score 100 on any given night.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't know for sure, but I'd guess the fact the Spurs have not yet moved Young/Aminu/Hutchison yet is because they're preserving all their options on Simmons. I wonder what kind of internal timeline they have untll they're hand is forced? End of camp?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte is a klutch client. So he’s not going to be part of a trade that sends him to Philly (Rich Paul seems to want his guys out of Philly (ie, Maxey). Can you imagine how ty of a lineup that features both Simmons and Murray would be? The Spurs would struggle to score 100 on any given night.
    Murray and Walker. So one assumes that gives Philly leverage to demand White over Murray. I wouldn't include another of our young core beyond White, however. White, Young, Aminu and two picks is along the lines of what the Spurs should offer in this market. Sacramento probably offers Hield, Haliburton, and three picks, in which case I let them win the auction.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey is asking for the world, but wouldn't Golden State only have to bid higher than Sacramento, which likely offers Hield, Haliburton and one or two picks. If non-California teams are scared off of Simmons/Paul's geographic preferences, then it's basically a matter of Oakland vs. Sacramento. I'd imagine Sacramento opens with one pick in its offer before up-bidding.

I can't see Green and Simmons working together, but, like you, it's hard to see Golden State including Green in a package. Wiggins, Wiseman, Moody, and a first? I'd rather have the Sacramento deal, I think.
    SacBee more or less reporting that the Kings' current comfort zone is Hield, Bagley, and three firsts for Simmons. I'm interpreting "multiple" as three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point about Klutch. Even though Murray is by far my favorite player on the team he's the only good player it would make a whole lot of sense to trade since he and Simmons couldn't play together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SacBee more or less reporting that the Kings' current comfort zone is Hield, Bagley, and three firsts for Simmons. I'm interpreting "multiple" as three.
    No thanks, I don't want Simmons at that kind of cost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and Walker. So one assumes that gives Philly leverage to demand White over Murray. I wouldn't include another of our young core beyond White, however. White, Young, Aminu and two picks is along the lines of what the Spurs should offer in this market. Sacramento probably offers Hield, Haliburton, and three picks, in which case I let them win the auction.
    Spurs would have to trade Murray for a shooter then.

Thread Information