Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three DPOY should cement Kawhi reputation as the best P. Defender ever. Two should be enough though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let him get 2 before we start talking about 3, but yes he's on his way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond's probably getting it this year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His only weakness is guarding off the ball shooters like JJ Red and defending great PG's like Chris Paul. Once he figures how to do that he has a chance to be the greatest defensive perimeter player of all time.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think he's getting dpoy this year? I have my doubts. But with the brutal schedule coming up, he'll get a chance to show he deserves it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Provided hes healthy, kawhi will win.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have the best defense in the ing league. No ing way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still a ing joke that Bowen never won a single one. Or Timmy for that matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three DPOY should cement Kawhi reputation as the best P. Defender ever. Two should be enough though.
    Awards or not, can we say for sure he was better than MJ or Scottie Pippen? Might be premature.

As someone said above, the second half of the season where we play more upper echelon teams will likely determine if Kawhi gets it again this year. Draymond Green has a good chance given his team's record and just a general reputation. Some big is always an outside chance. If he played more games, Timmy might even deserve consideration.

Off topic, but why not bring it up here since we're talking about end of year awards, I wonder who has COY? If you are voting for the Warriors do you give it to Kerr or Walton? They could split the pro-warrior vote and Pop may get it again. Given the Warriors' and Spurs' astronomical records seems one of these teams will get it, but you never know. Coaches in Toronto and Boston are dark horses. If Portland makes a very unexpected playoff appearance, it could go there too.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    His only weakness is guarding off the ball shooters like JJ Red and defending great PG's like Chris Paul. Once he figures how to do that he has a chance to be the greatest defensive perimeter player of all time.
    That's b/c he's closer to a power forward's size than a guard.

When the Bulls played the Pacers, it was Jordan that was chasing Reggie instead of Pippen on the other hand it was Pippen that was guarding Magic instead of Jordan. #sizematters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    + 1 billion. Timmy especially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No amount of awards will put you above Pippen (and perhaps Jordan), unless it is a better defender (he is not yet at that level)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's b/c he's closer to a power forward's size than a guard.

When the Bulls played the Pacers, it was Jordan that was chasing Reggie instead of Pippen on the other hand it was Pippen that was guarding Magic instead of Jordan. #sizematters
    Actually Reggie was one of the few players Jordan hated guarding because his game consisted mainly of playing off the ball and he had quick release that was hard to defend. Jordan hated running after him on every position. I still remember the quote Jordan had on Miller way back in '98 during the regular season "I really don't dislike playing against anybody in the league, but playing Reggie Miller drives me nuts," Jordan wrote. "It's like chicken-fighting with a woman. His game is all this flopping type thing. Don't touch him, or it's a foul. But he has his hands on you all the time, like a woman holding your waist." During the playoffs in '98 Jordan switched to guarding Chris Mullins and Ron Harper handled the task of guarding Miller.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

+1000

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA handing the DPOY to Draymond.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Draymond wins it this year just on media exploits alone tbh. Plus they'll prob feel pity for not giving it to him last year (even though Kawhi deserved it).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. As long as the Spurs are the best Kawhi has to be the favorite.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Draymond should have won last season. Then Kiwi proceeded to getting exposed by Matt ing Barnes in the 1st round of the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely wouldn't say Kawhi is a lock to win it already Draymond could certainly be argued, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the voters gave the tie to Draymond because some felt he got robbed last year.

Opponents' FG%: Draymond = -7.1% (holds opponents to 7.1% worse FG% compared to their average), Kawhi = -4.5%
    DRPM: Draymond = +5.49, Kawhi = +4.38

Spurs being #1 on defense should and likely will help Kawhi's case, but GS is 4th right now (and just barely behind Indiana at #2) so it's not like they're slouching in that department.

As for the question in the le, Moncrief won back-to-back DPOYs. Dennis Rodman did as well, although I think the DPOYs might've come once he had already started playing more PF.
    Last edited by SpursFan86; 02-12-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media picking up on the Spurs' defensive struggles without Duncan might hurt Kawhi a bit, tbh..

The voting and perception of defense has definitely progressed with the prominence of advanced metrics and more thorough data, but it's still very much based on narrative..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smartest man in the room.
    So far...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media picking up on the Spurs' defensive struggles without Duncan might hurt Kawhi a bit, tbh..

The voting and perception of defense has definitely progressed with the prominence of advanced metrics and more thorough data, but it's still very much based on narrative..
    Okay... I was a bit premature.
    Now: Smartest man in the...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whose troll is Chef Curry tbh. Is it Benoit? And furthermore, who is Benoit's troll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whose troll is Chef Curry tbh. Is it Benoit? And furthermore, who is Benoit's troll
    God- I hope it's that chicken finger guy... Jesus- what's his tag? I don't know, but he calls lots of people gots and he get's the job done!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond should have won last season. Then Kiwi proceeded to getting exposed by Matt ing Barnes in the 1st round of the playoffs
    Kawhi stole it from draymond after he took a massive dump on your warriors

Thread Information