Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memorial Day Miracle
    This is the first thing that came to mind. After years of watching the Spurs struggle, this was the point where I knew they were going to win that first ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Midnight Miracle
    I remember when we named this one right here on ST.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I love Manu’s cathartic dunk on Bosh and the reaction by Duncan.
    Last edited by Eaglenole2002; 07-15-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the first thing that came to mind. After years of watching the Spurs struggle, this was the point where I knew they were going to win that first ring.
    Without a doubt, I felt the same exact way. What a run our team had...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Midnight Miracle
    I remember when we named this one right here on ST.
    man, i had a work shift at school while this game was going on... was furiously checking play by play the whole time. got in the car in the heat of the 4th quarter comeback, made it home in time for extra sessions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing, amazing shot.

I do wonder if this would have stood if they had video review back then. It looks like Elliott's right foot touches the line before he was able to re-gather for his shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing, amazing shot.

I do wonder if this would have stood if they had video review back then. It looks like Elliott's right foot touches the line before he was able to re-gather for his shot.
    It was close for sure. And with all the camera angles we have now, I think they'd have enough for a definitive ruling one way or the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When #2 swipes Westchimp as he for sure was gonna score to seal our doom in what year playoffs?
    Such sweet clutch defense

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memorial Day Miracle I was in SEC 124 That dome was LOUD after Sean hit that 3..... from our angle it looked than Sean just chucked it we where like Nooooooo and BAM TOTAL PANDEMONIUM
    It was even louder when Stoudamire was at the free throw line right before. Everyone was paddling on those hollow plastic seats and it sounded like a ing train passing by. I think I was in section 114, whatever the back rows of the lower deck corner seats were (since I was a broke student and tickets were $16.50 there )

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim's miracle last-second shot over Shaq and Malone in game 5 in '04. One of the greatest lucky shots I've ever seen. It was pandemonium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also really just seeing TD dominate(I think he started 4th with an absolutely beautiful floater you just don't see from big men) with so many moves while getting hammered in that game, Walton commenting on it. That's my favorite Spurs moment/game probably.
    I remember that bald white guy commentator (Tolbert?) saying that none of TD's makes were the same move. He really bust out the entire repertoire that game, tbh.

Having been in Austin for over a decade, I don't get to go to a lot of games...maybe 2 or 3 a year if I'm lucky.

This is the best game-winner I ever saw live: The Spurs home-opener against the Thunder, who had just backdoor swept them in the 2012 Playoffs (and proceeded to lose in the Finals):

AT&T Center damn near exploded.
    I was there for that one too. The only game winner I've experienced live.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1999 when Robinson got a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu dropping 48 in Phoenix. I had to work late that night so taped it and watched through the third quarter when they were down 17 or something. Then I came here to about the loss only to see Manu carried the Spurs all the way back to an OT win.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I love Manu’s cathartic dunk on Bosh and the reaction by Duncan.
    tbh I was chopping onions a little after this series. This series was all about redemptions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that bald white guy commentator (Tolbert?) saying that none of TD's makes were the same move. He really bust out the entire repertoire that game, tbh.
    He's playing around the world out there -- Tolbert

That same game Tolbert was making fun of the LA smog when they came back from a commercial with a shot of the Staples Center from outside and Tolbert said all he could think of was emphysema.

Though my favorite Tolbert moment from that run was when Stephen Jackson hit three threes in a row in the fourth quarter of Game 6 vs New Jersey and Tolbert said "The Spurs are in full arousal mode."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing, amazing shot.

The best view in my opinion, it looks like sean's foot was still inbounds. Go to 1:20:40
    The link here works: https://youtu.be/qvgHNbm4HHc?t=4838

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of my favorite memories was being in the house for David's first game. Until then I had never known a good Spurs team, I don't think I had ever seen the Spurs win a game against the Lakers either. But I think David had like 23 and 12 in beating LA and the atmosphere was electric seeing a contender back at Hemisfair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was there for that one too. The only game winner I've experienced live.
    Nice! That was such a great game. Easily my favorite live sports experience.

2nd place goes to Manu putting up the game-winning basket against Dallas. This one wasn't as hype as Tony's, but Spurs made a huge rally in the final minutes after being down most of the game:

I can at least say that I saw Manu's last game winner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't find any videos of it but for me, one of my favorite memories was the 1997 nba draft lottery. When they opened the envelope and it showed the 2nd pick and it wasn't the spurs and you can hear peter holt cheering. Man, i was so ecstatic that we got the #1 pick knowing Duncan was coming out of college. I knew he was going to be special, but man he became a legend. Good times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still jealous of Russ being at that game. In the postgame he got on camera crumpling up sheets of paper with asterisks printed out and throwing them right behind Tolbert, Walton, and Nessler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Kevin Willis putback dunk against the Lakers in '03, our bench losing their . I don't know why I love that particular moment so much. I guess it was just that perfect cherry on top after seeing TD destroy Shaq and everyone.

Also really just seeing TD dominate(I think he started 4th with an absolutely beautiful floater you just don't see from big men) with so many moves while getting hammered in that game, Walton commenting on it. That's my favorite Spurs moment/game probably.
    Another great moment from that game was Manu isoing Kobe, then Kobe pulling up his shorts and getting in his stance like I'm gonna shut this mother er down. And then Manu goes right by him for a layup. I think it was in the fourth not too long before that Kevin Willis putback.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best view in my opinion, it looks like sean's foot was still inbounds. Go to 1:20:40
    The link here works: https://youtu.be/qvgHNbm4HHc?t=4838

That's a tough angle to catch it from, though. Look at the sequence starting at 1:18:48, and this spot in particular:

Obviously the video quality is lacking, but...that looks out to me. Don't tell the league office I said that, though.

This would've spent like 10 minutes in video review these days. I do kinda miss the days when they just let the players decide the games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    03 run... bouncing back from marbury's ridiculous shot in game 1, having horry's game 5 dagger rim out, duncan dragging his nuts over shaq in game 6, that kerr/sjax moment against the mavs, and duncan's legendary finals

99 run with memorial day miracle and duncans first finals

horry game 5 in 05

duncans ridiculous game 1 vs shaq's suns in 08

in more recent years, the spurs wiping the floor with miami in the first regular season matchup with the heatles. when duncan had the "game over" gif captured after another neal/bonner 3.

sweeping dwert's lakers with duncan laughing at him

manu capping the miracle comeback against GSW in the playoffs

nephew's ridiculous block against westbrook, manu's big 3 in that game, duncans big OT shots

old man duncan sonning deandre in that round 1 series even though we lost

beating the snot out of miami in '14 with nephew emerging, tiago blocking wade for revenge, manu's dunk, duncan coming through on his promise "we'll get it this time"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sweeping dwert's lakers with duncan laughing at him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first Spurs game I ever attended was D Rob’s first game as a pro. I was really young, but that’s when my Spurs addiction started. Definitely a great memory. David gave the Lakers the business.

Thread Information