Page 103 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3720
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We only had 10 years to save the planet back in 1988, tbh. Still here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, mixing "social justice" with environmental policy for starters.
    So we went from all of the GND to just the social justice parts?

Which sections are you referring to? And saying “it’s ridiculous,” doesn’t make it so. There’s a whole lot of ground between “I agree with this” and “it’s ridiculous”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And as I said, I agree with conservatives challenging this mentality. Though, Nazism had NO place in any forum. Nazism or Ethno-nationalism aren't "different points of view," like the different points of view you and I have on immigration. They are genocidal ideologies whose end game is murder or displacement of human beings. So yes, gots like Richard Spencer deserve to be banned from speaking on college campuses.
    Where are the Nazis? Can you show me stats for all the Nazis in the United States? This is a common smear tactic from the Left, purveyors of iden y politics. They love to make it personal as evident by other posters ITT (vy65). You'll see there's always an insult bundled with some form of grandstanding. Malicious trite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, did somebody say my name?

Facts aren’t persnal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, mixing "social justice" with environmental policy for starters.
    I take it this is the section you're referring to? It's okay, white people are considered too.

Whereas the United States is currently experiencing several related crises, with—
    (1) life expectancy declining while basic needs, such as clean air, clean water, healthy food, and adequate health care, housing, transportation, and education, are inaccessible to a significant portion of the United States population;
    (2) a 4-decade trend of wage stagnation, deindustrialization, and antilabor policies that has led to—
    (A) hourly wages overall stagnating since the 1970s despite increased worker productivity;
    (B) the third-worst level of socioeconomic mobility in the developed world before the Great Recession;
    (C) the erosion of the earning and bargaining power of workers in the United States; and
    (D) inadequate resources for public sector workers to confront the challenges of climate change at local, State, and Federal levels; and
    (3) the greatest income inequality since the 1920s, with—
    (A) the top 1 percent of earners accruing 91 percent of gains in the first few years of economic recovery after the Great Recession;
    (B) a large racial wealth divide amounting to a difference of 20 times more wealth between the average white family and the average black family; and
    (C) a gender earnings gap that results in women earning approximately 80 percent as much as men, at the median;
    Whereas climate change, pollution, and environmental destruction have exacerbated systemic racial, regional, social, environmental, and economic injustices (referred to in this preamble as “systemic injustices”) by disproportionately affecting indigenous peoples, communities of color, migrant communities, deindustrialized communities, depopulated rural communities, the poor, low-income workers, women, the elderly, the unhoused, people with disabilities, and youth (referred to in this preamble as “frontline and vulnerable communities”);

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree with parts of it - ie the gender pay gap - but I also agree with other parts of it - infrastructure development. As a whole, it’s not ridiculous.

^^ see how easy that was?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are the Nazis? Can you show me stats for all the Nazis in the United States? This is a common smear tactic from the Left, purveyors of iden y politics. They love to make it personal as evident by other posters ITT (vy65). You'll see there's always an insult bundled with some form of grandstanding. Malicious trite.
    Who's been the face of the alt-Right over the past five years? Here's some of his "ideas."

Today, in the public imagination, “ethnic-cleansing” has been associated with civil war and mass murder (understandably so). But this need not be the case. 1919 is a real example of successful ethnic redistribution—done by fiat, we should remember, but done peacefully.[8]
    Redistribution isn't peaceful.

Instead of asking how we can make reparations for slavery, colonialism, and Apartheid or how we can equalize academic scores and incomes, we should instead be asking questions like, "Does human civilization actually need the Black race?" "Is Black genocide right?" and, if it is, "What would be the best and easiest way to dispose of them?" With starting points like this, wisdom is sure to flourish, enlightenment to dawn.

This might seem shocking to the usual gang of idiots, but right now very similar questions are being booted about and nobody seems to be batting an eye, all because the questions refer to White South Africans: "Does South Africa actually need the White race?" "Is White genocide right?" and "How many of the White devils do we have to rape, kill, mutilate, and bugger before the rest of them off?"

But why should Whites even be in a position where we are forced to consider such a possibility? The White race is history's victor. We conquered Africa and the Africans on the sheer merit of the superiority of our race, culture, and society, and in a land that was largely going to waste we built an affluent and modern society capable not only of supporting a large number of our own people but also a vastly larger number of Blacks than would otherwise have been able to survive there. Of course, Black labour helped, but if that hadn’t been there, we would have imported White, Indian, or Chinese labour and have done the job anyway.
    Rather than asking about White genocide, it surely makes more sense by any objective standards of utility, morality, or progress, to ask whether there should be such a thing as Black genocide.
    You're okay with people like this being given an "open forum?" Open forum means an exchange of ideas that are the very least legitimate (despite my disagreements with you on immigration, your point-of-view is legitimate). There's nothing legitimate in these ideas. Per freedom of speech, he's allowed to have them, but private universities, twitter, facebook are private property, where the 1st amendment doesn't apply.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we went from all of the GND to just the social justice parts?

Which sections are you referring to? And saying “it’s ridiculous,” doesn’t make it so. There’s a whole lot of ground between “I agree with this” and “it’s ridiculous”

If you're a fan, use your vote. I'm not a fan.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People ITT oppose a version of the GND as filtered through several layers of right-wing hysteria from their ty news sources. Expecting them to read and react to the actual text is a futile endeavor. Easier to laugh at cow farts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All dems have to do for 2020 is not be crazy.

So far, yikes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're a fan, use your vote. I'm not a fan.
    Didn’t even read the bill, did we?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, claiming the certainty of one’s position without doing the necessary work to educate oneself first is certainly not crazy.

Yikes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People ITT oppose a version of the GND as filtered through several layers of right-wing hysteria from their ty news sources. Expecting them to read and react to the actual text is a futile endeavor. Easier to laugh at cow farts.

They took their website down for a time. Was the original criticism unwarranted?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, claiming the certainty of one’s position without doing the necessary work to educate oneself first is certainly not crazy.

Yikes
    I won't try to change your mind. If you're with the crazies, that's you're prerogative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So all conservatives should flood states that count more and turn them red
    No matter what state they lived in there vote would still just count as 1 vote you ing moron

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I love race baiting and divisive bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Pro tip"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I love race baiting and divisive bull .
    I agree. Criticizing public figures for pronouncing their own names correctly is divisive bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All dems have to do for 2020 is not be crazy.

So far, yikes.
    Name a democrat who wouldnt get demonized by right wing media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've made that clear for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They took their website down for a time. Was the original criticism unwarranted?
    I take them at their word that the version taken down from the website was an unfinished draft. Even if it wasn't, clearly whatever criticism they received was taken into account as there is a new version. Are you going to comment on that version, or are you going to continue to echo criticisms from other people about the old version because it's easier to call people crazy than to do any actual work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name a democrat who wouldnt get demonized by right wing media.
    Name one democract running that does not want medical for all
    Does not support green deal
    Does not suppport 3 trimester abortion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin's MO is to distort, exaggerate, or find the most extreme example of something, then to paint everyone he disagrees with with one broad brush.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope she stays grounded and doesn't fall into the iden y politic trap. But she's already been dipping her toe into those waters.

Thread Information