Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow........ you really are brain dead. Thanks for clearing that up for the group

I was in Atlanta for the Olympics (of course). I bet you're just about the right age. I'm not paying for your college or anything, but here's some fatherly advice. Don't around with any of the girls in the Cheetah. There's a couple that might be your sisters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it's an insult. It's intended to be an insult.

Tell you what. Let's shift the subject to sucking s. Are you ignorant about what that is, or do you understand what it is and reject taking part in it? Then again, you may not reject it at all.

Don't try to play ing semantic games. I invented semantics. Gregg Popo is an insignificant old has-been, trying desperately to be relevant. He can't chew the leather as a coach anymore, and he's looking for another way to justify his existence.
    That's silly tbh, Its not semantics to say people have a negative view of the word "ignorant" despite its relatively harmless meaning.

If he said "People who don't understand BLM Movement are just uninformed" would go over a bit differently. Still, the bigger issue is that a few people here just hate BLM. He could've said anything viewed as positive about BLM and some people would've lost their .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing. Just makes them a political group.
    I don't think that logic follows tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's silly tbh, Its not semantics to say people have a negative view of the word "ignorant" despite its relatively harmless meaning.

If he said "People who don't understand BLM Movement are just uninformed" would go over a bit differently. Still, the bigger issue is that a few people here just hate BLM. He could've said anything viewed as positive about BLM and some people would've lost their .

It totally negates the possibility that those people are informed enough to understand the movement, and they are rejecting Marxist dogma. "Anyone who sees things different from me is a backwater hick." And he has a history of saying condescending just like that. Of course it's intended as a ing insult.

Most of you people don't know what to do with someone who is more educated than you, and still has a different perspective. So you rant and rave... just like Pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was in Atlanta for the Olympics (of course). I bet you're just about the right age. I'm not paying for your college or anything, but here's some fatherly advice. Don't around with any of the girls in the Cheetah. There's a couple that might be your sisters.
    Did this clown say The Cheetah? Like I thought, you better play in your yard, there is danger in the street! The Cheetah...... lol. BTW, you are not as smart as you think you are��. Take yo ass to Blue Flame if you want to gain some stripes out here little boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It totally negates the possibility that those people are informed enough to understand the movement, and they are rejecting Marxist dogma. "Anyone who sees things different from me is a backwater hick." And he has a history of saying condescending just like that. Of course it's intended as a ing insult.

Most of you people don't know what to do with someone who is more educated than you, and still has a different perspective. So you rant and rave... just like Pop.
    I take his comments at face value, your choosing to read much more into them --which is the part that I find so interesting. Why the are you so worked up about his comments?

This is the inherent silliness of this thread, ultimately Pop says stuff that some people don't agree with, sometimes. It doesn't have to be more than that. You can let it go instead of this yelling at the clouds routine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did this clown say The Cheetah? Like I thought, you better play in your yard, there is danger in the street! The Cheetah...... lol. BTW, you are not as smart as you think you are��. Take yo ass to Blue Flame if you want to gain some stripes out here little boy.

LOL. You've already been hitting it, huh? Don't worry, you're not the first one. Just be sure and suit up - you don't want to leave any little two-headed monsters out there.

If you get bored with those, maybe I'll come visit your moms and make you a couple more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take his comments at face value, your choosing to read much more into them --which is the part that I find so interesting. Why the are you so worked up about his comments?

This is the inherent silliness of this thread, ultimately Pop says stuff that some people don't agree with, sometimes. It doesn't have to be more than that. You can let it go instead of this yelling at the clouds routine.
    You don't believe that . Just like when Pop ripped fans who weren't nice to Kawhi, even though it was his treatment of Kawhi who ed things up. He berates reporters, and calls their questions stupid. Questions that other coaches answer, because they all know that it's an entertainment business. All of this is intended to be derogatory, and deep down you know it.

Pop is a narcissist who honestly believes that his view is perfectly on target - all the time. He's been a ty coach for years, and his ONLY relevance now is in firing up a public school-educated audience by screaming things that they want to hear. He's a pathetic old man that you would be laughing at like all the other old men in Whataburger at 5:00 am. But he gets a microphone because he used to coach Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is BLM the slogan, the movement, and the organization. The organization is Marxist. Much of their most radical material has been scrubbed. The original rationale behind “Abolish the Police” was Marxist-Leninist, having more to do with abolishing private property than with disparate treatment of blacks.

The movement is whatever it’s adherents say it is. Solidarity with a movement does not mean agreement with its most radical elements. You can be a Republican, even an activist, without regarding The Turner Diaries as a handbook for action. I think most people understand this; however, this dodge allows people to avoid expressing deeply-held but socially undesirable views.

The slogan is utterly inoffensive. The people who retort “All Lives Matter”‘ simply don’t want to face that American culture regards white lives as more valuable than nonwhite lives, and always has. We saw this just the other day with the Republican activist that “said the quiet part out loud” that COVID-19 wasn’t that big a deal because most of people in Texas dying or getting seriously ill are Hispanics (and therefore schools should open).

This nonsense about the nuclear family is a nothingburger. If you place a priority on living close to grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, because they are part of your everyday family life, then you don’t believe in the nuclear family. The nuclear family is the exception, not the rule, in human history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. You've already been hitting it, huh? Don't worry, you're not the first one. Just be sure and suit up - you don't want to leave any little two-headed monsters out there.

If you get bored with those, maybe I'll come visit your moms and make you a couple more.
    Cool......��. I told you guys 40 post ago that this dude was/is a clown! I’m done with him..... he’s not worthy. What grown man spews out mom insults? Cowards or Clowns.........Zeus is a mixture of both ��

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    There is BLM the slogan, the movement, and the organization. The organization is Marxist. Much of their most radical material has been scrubbed. The original rationale behind “Abolish the Police” was Marxist-Leninist, having more to do with abolishing private property than with disparate treatment of blacks.

The movement is whatever it’s adherents say it is. Solidarity with a movement does not mean agreement with its most radical elements. You can be a Republican, even an activist, without regarding The Turner Diaries as a handbook for action. I think most people understand this; however, this dodge allows people to avoid expressing deeply-held but socially undesirable views.

The slogan is utterly inoffensive. The people who retort “All Lives Matter”‘ simply don’t want to face that American culture regards white lives as more valuable than nonwhite lives, and always has. We saw this just the other day with the Republican activist that “said the quiet part out loud” that COVID-19 wasn’t that big a deal because most of people in Texas dying or getting seriously ill are Hispanics (and therefore schools should open).

This nonsense about the nuclear family is a nothingburger. If you place a priority on living close to grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, because they are part of your everyday family life, then you don’t believe in the nuclear family. The nuclear family is the exception, not the rule, in human history.
    I can get on board with this

I disagree with last part. Decline of the nuclear family seems to be the root of most major issues in America. Statistics argue it has drastic effect on the success and happiness of an individual. And its decline in the West is a domino effect meaning an individual that grows up in broken home is less likely to reverse course. Thus your argument they can just surround themselves with extended family - that family is not likely to be in the picture. Not as if we can blame a massive event like World War why so many grow up in broken homes. It is passed on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't believe that . Just like when Pop ripped fans who weren't nice to Kawhi, even though it was his treatment of Kawhi who ed things up. He berates reporters, and calls their questions stupid. Questions that other coaches answer, because they all know that it's an entertainment business. All of this is intended to be derogatory, and deep down you know it.

Pop is a narcissist who honestly believes that his view is perfectly on target - all the time. He's been a ty coach for years, and his ONLY relevance now is in firing up a public school-educated audience by screaming things that they want to hear. He's a pathetic old man that you would be laughing at like all the other old men in Whataburger at 5:00 am. But he gets a microphone because he used to coach Tim Duncan.
    How do you figure that he ran Kawhi off? The Spurs took the unprecedented step of allowing Kawhi to manage his own injury. He then took his ass to New York for months at a time while also leaving the Spurs in the dark.

It wasn't until that Woj article that made Kawhi look bad, did he come back to the team. He was apparently dominating in practice, then declaring himself out for game before leaving the arena.

The team got pissed and it lead to that infamous players only meeting, which was apparently the last straw for Kawhi. Pop tried to salvage the relationship while greiving the death of his wife and Kawhi basically ignored him.

Seriously, how is that one on Pop?? He's an asshole to reporters and has fallen off a cliff as a coach but him using his platform to talk about what's wrong in the country is a non issue tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Reaction to coordinated looting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheriff D. Clarke says it best!

It's not the police who need to be retrained, it's the public. We have grown into a mouthy, mobile phone wielding, vulgar, uncivil society with no personal responsibility and the at ude of 'it's the other person's fault', 'you owe me'. A society where children grow up with no boundaries or knowledge or concern for civil society and personal responsibility.

When an officer says "Put your hands up," then put your hands up! Don't reach for something in your pocket, your lap, your seat. There's plenty of reason for a police officer to feel threatened, there have been multiple assaults and ambushes on police officers lately. Comply with requests from the officer, have your day in court. Don't mouth off, or fight, or refuse to comply... that escalates the situation.

Police officers are our sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. They're black, white, brown, all colours, all ethnicities, all faiths, male and female, they are us. They see the worst side of humanity... the raped children, the bloody mangled bodies of traffic victims, the bruised and battered victims of domestic violence, homicide victims, body parts... day after day.

They work holidays while we have festive meals with our families. They miss school events with their kids, birthdays, anniversaries, all those special occasions that we take for granted. They work in all types of weather, under dangerous conditions, for relatively low pay.

They have extensive training, but they are human. When there are numerous attacks on them, they become hyper vigilant for a reason, they have become targets. When a police officer encounters any person... any person, whether at a traffic stop, a street confrontation, an arrest, whatever... that situation has the potential to become life threatening. You, Mr & Mrs/Miss Civilian, also have the responsibility of keeping the situation from getting out of control.

Many law enforcement officers are Veterans. They've been in service to this nation most of their lives, whether on the battlefield or protecting us here at home. They are the only thing that stands between us and anarchy in the streets.

If you want to protect your child, teach them respect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always thought that school needed to start giving mandatory classes in basic morality and ethics starting from first grade. Also think that they should include financial classes from 9 - 12 grade to cover basic stuff like how to do budgets, how to save money, how to prepare for retirement, etc.

Bandwaggoner since '73 stepmonkey's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheriff D. Clarke says it best!

It's not the police who need to be retrained, it's the public. We have grown into a mouthy, mobile phone wielding, vulgar, uncivil society with no personal responsibility and the at ude of 'it's the other person's fault', 'you owe me'. A society where children grow up with no boundaries or knowledge or concern for civil society and personal responsibility.

When an officer says "Put your hands up," then put your hands up! Don't reach for something in your pocket, your lap, your seat. There's plenty of reason for a police officer to feel threatened, there have been multiple assaults and ambushes on police officers lately. Comply with requests from the officer, have your day in court. Don't mouth off, or fight, or refuse to comply... that escalates the situation.

Police officers are our sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. They're black, white, brown, all colours, all ethnicities, all faiths, male and female, they are us. They see the worst side of humanity... the raped children, the bloody mangled bodies of traffic victims, the bruised and battered victims of domestic violence, homicide victims, body parts... day after day.

They work holidays while we have festive meals with our families. They miss school events with their kids, birthdays, anniversaries, all those special occasions that we take for granted. They work in all types of weather, under dangerous conditions, for relatively low pay.

They have extensive training, but they are human. When there are numerous attacks on them, they become hyper vigilant for a reason, they have become targets. When a police officer encounters any person... any person, whether at a traffic stop, a street confrontation, an arrest, whatever... that situation has the potential to become life threatening. You, Mr & Mrs/Miss Civilian, also have the responsibility of keeping the situation from getting out of control.

Many law enforcement officers are Veterans. They've been in service to this nation most of their lives, whether on the battlefield or protecting us here at home. They are the only thing that stands between us and anarchy in the streets.

If you want to protect your child, teach them respect.

I still agree with this to an extent. I have always been pro-police. I know what a difficult job they have.

But, I have seen too many videos by those "phone wielders" these last several months to just turn a blind eye.

Videos of cops flashing the white power sign
    Videos of cops knocking down an 80 year old man. Why? Because he was standing there.
    Videos of cops beating the out of a Navy veteran with their clubs. Why? Because he was standing there.
    Videos of cops shooting rubber bullets at reporters, people on their porch, people kneeling in the street. Why? Because it was fun.
    Videos of cops firing off tear gas at peaceful protesters so the s bag POTUS could take a picture with a bible that he has never read.

We can't let things like the Seattle occupation happen. We can't let things like the Chicago looting happen. Some of these BLM protesters are violent and need to be treated as such. But we can't just ignore the atrocities that some of the cops are doing to the peaceful protesters.

Thread Information