Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was there with my girlfriend, he was there with his wife and kid.
    My gf started talking to both of them about their kid in between quarters because she works in childcare and thought their kid looked cute.
    Then I had a couple of words to him because he had an american accent and it came out that he was the cousin of a Spurs player, so we started chatting more.
    The game was in Australia.
    I wasn't implying that you're trolling, I just wanted a little more information on where it was. I thought maybe it was here in Australia and they may have been on holiday. That's actually what I was thinking, and now that you've said it, I'm definitely not thinking you're trolling.

I actually would prefer if you were trolling cause I don't want Kawhi to leave.

Did the person know if Kawhi was the one that wants out or was it his uncle that is pushing him into it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people and their sources on ST... this place is such BS.
    indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is resigning... You guys have him all wrong... The guy is a good dude who is all about basketball and not the hype... He wants to be great, he loves the team... I'm sure he can't wait till the old farts retire, but that alone won't make him leave... The ungratefulness, however is enough to make anyone leave... So we need to be careful how we criticize our star player for being injured... Especially when he has NEVER been a drama king in all his basketball career at any level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Kawhi told a teammate he was leaving, then that teammate told his family member, and then that family member told a couple he met at a basketball game? Got it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is true, why the team meeting!?! An I'm emotional cuz I love sports an I spend my hard earned money on this team. Lots of it.
    The "meeting" it was just a convo after a game like Rudy and Danny said.

Kawhi is close to the young guys on the team and Danny Green, he doesn't call/text old guys like Parker/Manu, these two guys wanted to know his injury status since the media was lying about possible timelines for his return. That was all.

Then Woj create the drama about a "tense" "emotional" meeting...I wouldn't trust in ESPN. They're just .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Kawhi told a teammate he was leaving, then that teammate told his family member, and then that family member told a couple he met at a basketball game? Got it!
    My girl hates sports but knows how much I love the Spurs and Kawhi.

When she was in OC with her sister, both saw a tall black guy with braids at South Coast Plaza, my girl told him "Kawhi!!! My boyfriend loves you, he watches all your games!" and asked for a pic. The guy smiled, hugged my girl while her sister took the photo...

My girl said that Kawhi was so cool. When she sent me the photo...It wasn't Kawhi.

That's why I trust OP, I just don't trust the guy who told him this .
    Last edited by YGWHI; 03-28-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok i have a hard time believing any of this. OP's handle is clearly a kawhi fan like I am. He goes to some game in Australia with his gf where there are hundreds (thousands?) of fans in attendance and so happens to sit right next to a cousin of a spurs player. Then this cousin so happens to know exactly what kawhi wants to do. I call bull . And apparently this cousin knows what is going on with danny green? I think Kawhi signs supermax. You are insane if you turn down that much money

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok i have a hard time believing any of this. OP's handle is clearly a kawhi fan like I am. He goes to some game in Australia with his gf where there are hundreds (thousands?) of fans in attendance and so happens to sit right next to a cousin of a spurs player. Then this cousin so happens to know exactly what kawhi wants to do. I call bull . And apparently this cousin knows what is going on with danny green? I think Kawhi signs supermax. You are insane if you turn down that much money
    I went to a build a bear workshop where antonio daniels cousin works. He said that kl has a babymomma in la. And the reason he dont talk much is because hes saving his voice for a singing career after his nba days are over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When she was in OC with her sister, both saw a tall black guy with braids at South Coast Plaza, my girl told him "Kawhi!!! My boyfriend loves you, he watches all your games!" and asked for a pic. The guy smiled, hugged my girl while her sister took the photo...

My girl said that Kawhi was so cool. When she sent me the photo...It wasn't Kawhi.

That's why I trust OP, I just don't trust the guy who told him this.
    I have cousins that live in Moreno Valley where Kawhi's from. I'm actually not making this part up but the rest of the story I'll make up for comedy. Anyways my cousin told me he saw this black guy at Del Taco the other day wearing a Kawhi jersey. My cousin struck up a conversation with him and it turned out the guy was Kawhi's sister's boyfriend. This guy bragged about how close he was to Kawhi and showed my cousin some pictures of him and Kawhi on his android. He told my cousin that Kawhi was done with the Spurs and that it's set in stone Kawhi will be a Laker next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have cousins that live in Moreno Valley where Kawhi's from. I'm actually not making this part up but the rest of the story I'll make up for comedy. Anyways my cousin told me he saw this black guy at Del Taco the other day wearing a Kawhi jersey. My cousin struck up a conversation with him and it turned out the guy was Kawhi's sister's boyfriend. This guy bragged about how close he was to Kawhi and showed my cousin some pictures of him and Kawhi on his android. He told my cousin that Kawhi was done with the Spurs and that it's set in stone Kawhi will be a Laker next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's not gonna play for the Lakers, guys. It's not gonna happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's not gonna play for the Lakers, guys. It's not gonna happen.
    Good. I'd be very happy if Kawhi gets healthy again and stays. I'd be even happier if he can play in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have been more palatable if story had happened at HEB.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs offer him the league minimum, and then fill the contract with incentives for actually, you know, playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we all would hate to see him go, but we can't expect him not to ask for max. The spurs way of doing things is the have their stars take pay cuts then if you stick around for 12+ years, then they'll pay u money that they owed you in your prime. Tim Duncan continued to take pay cuts for reasons only he knows cuz I sure as wouldn't have done it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't implying that you're trolling, I just wanted a little more information on where it was. I thought maybe it was here in Australia and they may have been on holiday. That's actually what I was thinking, and now that you've said it, I'm definitely not thinking you're trolling.

I actually would prefer if you were trolling cause I don't want Kawhi to leave.

Did the person know if Kawhi was the one that wants out or was it his uncle that is pushing him into it?
    Nah I believe he lives here, his wife is from here from what I could gather (i had had a few drinks)

He's from east coast US though.

From what he was saying it was Kawhi that wanted out, though who knows hey, everything seems to have gone South since the uncle got involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't expect Kawhi to sign with the Spurs if they lowball him on the supermax. Especially after they gave Manu at 39 a 14 million dollar contract. It's a business after all. Also Pop isn't taking any discounts, in fact he is the highest paid coach in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt its money. If he has checked out on the team I say trade his ass. I guess it all could be boloney and he and the team are fine in private but I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt its money. If he has checked out on the team I say trade his ass. I guess it all could be boloney and he and the team are fine in private but I doubt it.
    I think it’s absolutely money. I think the Spurs told him last summer that they cannot afford to give him the SuperMax, and it’s been all downhill since then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's why I trust OP, I just don't trust the guy who told him this
    Profiling at its finest. I’m glad your girl is not a cop.
    Last edited by UZER; 03-30-2018 at 08:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't expect Kawhi to sign with the Spurs if they lowball him on the supermax. Especially after they gave Manu at 39 a 14 million dollar contract. It's a business after all. Also Pop isn't taking any discounts, in fact he is the highest paid coach in the NBA.
    They paid Manu, because he took less earlier in his career. That’s how it works, if you want to engender trust in your organization. I think that’s what Kawhi doesn’t get. If he stayed without the SuperMax, they’d make it up on the backside of his career, paying him until forty, if necessary to keep him in his prime. He didn’t trust that, which has led to the fractured relationship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. So you think they've flat out told him that they can't give him the Supermax no matter what? If the did say such a thing, when do you think they would have told him that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. So you think they've flat out told him that they can't give him the Supermax no matter what? If the did say such a thing, when do you think they would have told him that?
    Before Pop kissed and made up with LaMarcus. That happened for a reason. I think they knew at that point that there were serious problems, and that they needed LMA to carry the team this year. This is all based on observations, but it makes sense. Why else go from dumping LMA to apologizing to him in a span of a couple of weeks?

A lot of people don’t know that the Spurs and the other three former ABA franchises only receive 6/7ths of the TV contract revenue that the other 26 teams get. The other 1/7th from each team goes to the former owners of the StL Spirits as consideration for them folding their franchise and not pursuing entry into the NBA. When that deal was signed, TV money wasn’t much. The league wasn’t popular at all. The NBA Finals were shown tape delayed. As the TV contract has grown bigger and bigger, so has the gap between what SA makes, and those other 26 teams make. That’s why they can’t afford Kawhi SuperMax deal, when a franchise like Sacto gives one to DMC. It makes our 20 year run of excellence even more amazing. We did it with essentially one hand tied behind our backs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not going to assume that is it. I understand reluctance but get rid of Pau and Patty ad pay him is what I’d say if I am his agent. Now that he’s missed an entire season though, it’s really a tough question. Again some guys dismiss this injury like he’s just acting up, but what if that is really bad? He’d be screwed out of a major payday but would the heat have maxed out Bosh after he missed out an entire season? No way. That’s madness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a lot of sherlocks with incredible theories here

Thread Information