Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And a few more pounds of muscle. I know he's bulked up some, but he still looks light to me. I think he could put on a bit more without sacrificing speed. He's going to need it defending bigger guys, and other teams are going to get physical with him more, to see how he takes it.
    See i would buy that argument although he doesn't have a post game and he's finishing through contact already... more would be fine but it's not necessary. I guess I can see it if he needs the bulk to guard big threes but even then he shouldn't...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, most doubters stopped doubting in preseason.
    had to wait for the real thing to make it official

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is he wearing kawhis shoes though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reign over SA Dejounte

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See i would buy that argument although he doesn't have a post game and he's finishing through contact already... more would be fine but it's not necessary. I guess I can see it if he needs the bulk to guard big threes but even then he shouldn't...

No sense arguing about it right now. Later in the season, though, remember the conversation. The first thing I mentioned was defense - he's going to be defending bigger players. The extra bulk/strength would widen the range of players he can square up against.

On the offensive end, I said that I expect opposing teams to start testing him with more physicality, as he starts having more success. That's future tense. If I'm right, it means that he'll have to do more than what he's currently doing about finishing through contact. I hate to even mention the name "Kawhi" here, but if you look back his success blossomed quite a bit as he put on all that muscle. It's not the only thing responsible, but it's definitely a part of it.

Don't take it personally. I was just commenting that he could stand to bulk up a little more than he already has. He's young, and I think he will do it pretty naturally. But let's wait and see if the other teams don't start playing him more physically as a way of trying to slow him down. If he's as good as we hope, they'll need to do something - to me that's the most logical and likely thing to try.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time the Spurs had a player as exciting to watch as Dejounte was tonight? He's bleeding at ude, this will be his team very very soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now this just makes me cry

that was our future. Patfo had it aligned. Murray, White, Green, Kawhi, Aldridge. This would’ve been sick
    man. The league would've been ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, he had one good game against the freaking Knicks at home. This thread is super premature, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I was gonna say something like that he went to Namek or that his injury gave him a zenkai boost, but I thought that was getting too obscure.
    Does that mean he can go super saiyan tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had a good game tonight for sure but those were the Knicks and teams will adjust their scouting reports on him. He had games like this at the beginning of the season 2 years ago as well. His finishing around the rim is impressive and the jumper looks good. I'm excited to see how he progresses during the season, he will only get better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes at the beginning of the 2017 season he was on a tear and a lot of the media was saying he was going to be an all star and that the Spurs struck gold again and then he regressed to the mean for most of the rest of the season. It's still early but im excited to see if he can keep his level of play up for an entire season which I believe he can and will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

may have asked this, but are you familiar with the abridged series by TeamFourStar? some of the best content ive seen tbh...

I watched the out of DBZA back in the day. I think outside of the movies, it's been losing a lot of steam lately. Even accounting for the upload schedule, there have been way more misses in recent episodes. Do like Cell though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, most doubters stopped doubting in preseason.
    Although, you are still clinging to White probably being the better pro. I don't think it's even close.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he's much better than I expected!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18, 8, 6, 3. Beautiful. If he could provide close to those averages all season long, his contract will become the biggest bargain in the league.

I want to see those three point attempts go up though.
    Great stat line for coming off a major injury & only in a handful of minutes.

Everytime Dejounte stepped onto the court we start playing 10x better.

Trade DeRozan, cut Patty. even Lyles looked pretty good. But Patty/Belinelli is straight awful.

Doc
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems pretty clear that DJ is the present and future of this team. I'm very happy to see his passion and determination is more than talk and translates directly to the game. As for White vs Murray, I dislike the argument in general, but as a big White fan it's obvious to me that Murray has a confidence and mental edge that Derrick might lack. Derrick's got tons of ability and an all around game that I love to watch (when it's on point), but he needs to shake the self doubt if he's going to be on the level that Dejounte is tracking toward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One other young player needs to rise up

We have our Tony Parker/ head of the snake in Dejounte

Who will be our Manu? White? Lonnie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His energy and aggressiveness is such welcome sight from the stale and timid offense we've had the past 2 season's. Definitely has westbrook vibes, but an efficient WB. And i didn't even mention his defense

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To think MVParker was the one that told Pop to start the kid despite still being the best guard on the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only people who understand absolutely nothing about the game doubt this guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

may have asked this, but are you familiar with the abridged series by TeamFourStar? some of the best content ive seen tbh...

It's better than the original tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shot improvement is crazy too. Outside of Nephew, I can't think of many (if any) player that has had such a drastic improvement in such a short amount of time. Chip is a boss and it's proof that Nephew wouldn't be the player he is today without the Spurs.
    That's such a silly assessment... Other teams have shooting coaches too... Fox came in a horrible shooter and in one year became really good... But if he were on the Spurs u would have said that here was the only place he could have done it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The St. Croix Boy

This message is hidden because duncan2k5 is on your ignore list.

View Post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes at the beginning of the 2017 season he was on a tear and a lot of the media was saying he was going to be an all star and that the Spurs struck gold again and then he regressed to the mean for most of the rest of the season. It's still early but im excited to see if he can keep his level of play up for an entire season which I believe he can and will.
    I said it during that season... DJ wasn't handled properly by Pop... He was taken out of games for one mistake... There were games he just randomly didn't play... He was in and out of the starting lineup... A player that age needs consistency to grow and gain confidence... He was super passive after pop started his shtick because he knew if he made one mistake, it's off to the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said it during that season... DJ wasn't handled properly by Pop... He was taken out of games for one mistake... There were games he just randomly didn't play... He was in and out of the starting lineup... A player that age needs consistency to grow and gain confidence... He was super passive after pop started his shtick because he knew if he made one mistake, it's off to the bench
    Or...he was handled properly and because Pop was hard on him, Murray learned to be the player who he is today. Thats why you see teams with young players who they play a lot and they stay mediocre forever. Where Pop teaches professionalism, others just throw players to the wolves. But ... You will never understand or admit this because of your "hate on Pop" schtick because you think youre an actual NBA coach or executive who thinks he knows what goes on behind the scenes ...lmao

Thread Information